Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I used to fantasize about eventually meeting up again and marrying a short-term "girlfriend" from when I was around that age, and we did actually meet again when we were in our late 20s. Turns out we are both entirely different people than we were (as one would hope) and had no romantic connection anymore. Also she was dating someone else, as this girl almost assuredly is. Stop acting like a teenager, life isn't a romantic comedy movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Theophany posted:

Holy poo poo that Bruise Cruise confession was just what I needed to read this morning. Amazing.

I probably would have reacted to it better if I'd read it after having my coffee yeah

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There was this girl that I went to grade school with and we ran into each other at a bar like 15 years later. I mentioned that I had a crush on her in 5th grade and she gave me a blowjob in the mens room while her husband and my friends were playing pool.

I guess what I'm trying to say is maybe your wife just needs to blow some dude in a mens room while you play pool, Bruise Cruise goon. Pool is a fun way to learn geometry!

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Did they advertise Hulk Hogan meat shoes on that bruise cruise?

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
It took me 2 weeks of slacking at work but I just finished reading every single post in this loving thread from the beginning jesus loving christ

half coke half diet
Feb 3, 2006
I fight for all those men who have their nuts in a vice grip

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I used to fantasize about eventually meeting up again and marrying a short-term "girlfriend" from when I was around that age, and we did actually meet again when we were in our late 20s. Turns out we are both entirely different people than we were (as one would hope) and had no romantic connection anymore. Also she was dating someone else, as this girl almost assuredly is. Stop acting like a teenager, life isn't a romantic comedy movie.

It was a girl at the pool and we "dated" for 3 weeks talked on the phone every day then never again. Thinking back to that why don't I leave my wife if I see her again, cause gently caress that was the best 3 weeks of my life

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

gbs but from 2004 posted:

It took me 2 weeks of slacking at work but I just finished reading every single post in this loving thread from the beginning jesus loving christ

:therapy:

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

Unsure about whether to gently caress therapist or not

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Unsure about whether to gently caress therapist or not

*shakes magic 8-ball* looks like... DON'T

Glaric
Oct 9, 2011

That's just sad.
But feel free to gently caress your cousin. Assuming they're consenting of course.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

What if my cousin is the therapist???

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
[quote="“gbs but from 2004”" post="“477090303”"]
[/quote]

Forbidden fruit...

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Then you basically have to gently caress her/him. It's the law.

half coke half diet
Feb 3, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

What if it is your INlaw? Does it still count?

half coke half diet fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 5, 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
[quote="“shut up blegum”" post="“477081589”"]
How do you crash a Bentley in London and still have time to fly half way around the world before pictures/movies of the crash get posted on 8.000 different Facebook groups?
[/quote]

Supercar Summer is a wonderful thing. The meeting of a shitload of cars with a total lack of talent. :allears:

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

Solice Kirsk posted:

I guess if I'm going to therapy for being an incel then loving Therapy-Cousin IS the therapy! Thanks GBS!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Bruise Cruises are just conspiring places for reptilian humanoids.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Bruise cruise goon:

It's natural to romanticize an early infatuation, particularly one that wasn't able to run its course, and wishing for a time machine to be able to go back and change previous events in your life in a way you imagine would make you happier is a pretty common response. It's really important to remember though (for the sake of your mental health and your current real life marriage): this is absolutely not how time travel works.

Being able to move in multiple directions through time does not change its linearity or the nature of causality. The fact we can walk east to west doesn't change where magnetic north is and this is no different. If a time machine is invented and you can travel back, you will fail to keep the address. Not because of magic or self correcting universe theory bullshit or anything else that stupid, simply because you were already there at the time.

Stop living in a James Cameron fueled fantasy world and face up to reality, even if you go back nothing changes. Go and hug your wife, idiot.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Debt goon has it made in the shade if all he has is a shitton of unsecured debt. Declare bankruptcy and pay for poo poo with cash for seven years mang. Debt bondage is for suckers who went to college.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
This thread had me legit look up WCW Bruise Cruise. Apparently it was real I guess?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

facebook jihad posted:

This thread had me legit look up WCW Bruise Cruise. Apparently it was real I guess?

It was real to him, dammit.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
People blame titty video games and anime for ruining young men's ideas of relationships, but it's got nothing on what sitcoms and romantic comedies have to answer for.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

whiter than a Wilco show posted:

Bruise cruise goon:

It's natural to romanticize an early infatuation, particularly one that wasn't able to run its course, and wishing for a time machine to be able to go back and change previous events in your life in a way you imagine would make you happier is a pretty common response. It's really important to remember though (for the sake of your mental health and your current real life marriage): this is absolutely not how time travel works.

Being able to move in multiple directions through time does not change its linearity or the nature of causality. The fact we can walk east to west doesn't change where magnetic north is and this is no different. If a time machine is invented and you can travel back, you will fail to keep the address. Not because of magic or self correcting universe theory bullshit or anything else that stupid, simply because you were already there at the time.

Stop living in a James Cameron fueled fantasy world and face up to reality, even if you go back nothing changes. Go and hug your wife, idiot.

lol at offering life advice based on theories of time travel and causality

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

HJE-Cobra posted:

lol at offering life advice based on theories of time travel and causality

:thejoke:

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

whiter than a Wilco show posted:

Bruise cruise goon:

This will probably shock and surprise you but I'd probably time travel back to GBS in 2004 :shrug:

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Or he can start perving on 12 year olds looking kinda like his childhood crush, that works too.

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever
Based on what we were told, I actually think its likely that the Bruise Cruise goon travelled back in time and destroyed the address himself. Probably to prevent him from having a relationship with that girl. Or prevent the nuclear annihilation of the world. Whatever

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Stickfigure posted:

Or he can start perving on 12 year olds looking kinda like his childhood crush, that works too.

Mod parachute account spotted.

Also the causality time travel advice is so mid 20th century. What we, as modern educated gunes, know currently is that going back in time WOULD enable a version of you to marry this wrassling gal, but it wouldn't be you. An alternate you would be in wedded bliss but THIS you would still be living in your basement married to a shrew with many metres of debt. You would stare at the faded Alex Luger poster, eating tins of pastamania and shedding salty impotent tears of denied yearning. The true solution is to still go back in time and find the letter but afterwards travel to each of these branching realities and kill the alternate you until only the true you remains. With each death you absorb their life force and power to become the super Sayan you. The ubergoon. Worked for the American president at least.

You know this is your golden path goon. Of course... who am I? Am I another you?

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Oct 6, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I had a heart attack almost 2 years ago. It was mostly due to stress from my job; I was working 12 hour days, traveling at least a week a month, and things were stressful.

At the urging of my girlfriend I quit that job and found another one which is much less stressful.

I hate it and the life we now lead.

I was making six figure and now I’m down to just barely over 60k a year. I miss the travel that was paid for by the office.

Most of all, and this is why I can’t tell anyone this, I miss the drugs and sex.

There were 4 of us that usually traveled together, and we would generally do some cocaine or mushrooms while traveling. We’d have sex but I want to note this wasn’t cheating, this was mostly mutual masturbation or using each other’s bodies to masturbate. Any penetration or kissing was down without love. It was just a thing we did.

I have since lost touch with these people and miss it a lot. Drugs made me feel good, sex made me feel good. The girls in our “cool kids group” made me feel handsome and strong. My wife, although nice, is not as attractive. And I have to be an “equal partner” rather than just getting to gently caress and leave.

I realize that is mostly on me and not her, but please realize how I feel.

You realize of course you are discussing a lifestyle that literally gave you a heart attack

I dunno man, if you hate your job you should find a new one, just try not to get one that will actually kill you. Regarding the casual-sex part, the healthiest thing to do here would probably be to look back fondly on your Glory Days and move on with your life as an adult trying not to die of cardiac arrest.

quote:

So, yeah. I'm a gay guy, and I'm a pedophile. I'm physically, sexually and emotionally attracted to boys. I'm also attracted to men, but not anywhere near as much. I'm not, like, a molest-y pedo or anything - I'd never hurt anyone, much less a little boy. I'm more worried about people finding out about me, to be honest.

I also have anxiety issues. I'm pretty sure they're related to this, but I'm not sure. I mean, my sexuality's a massive part of me so I can't exactly go get therapy for my anxiety without mentioning my sexuality. And I have no idea what the mandatory reporting system's like where I live. If there's a chance - no matter how small - that it could get out, I just don't want to risk it. Also, I'm pretty scared of dying alone. I mean, I'm attracted to men sometimes, but it really depends. If I had a boyfriend, I don't know how sex would work, and he'd probably figure out pretty quickly that I didn't find him that attractive. Also, if we ever got serious I'd have to tell him, and how the gently caress do you bring that up?

I think part of the reason I don't want to tell anybody about this is because there's a boy. I like him. A lot. It's not just a physical thing - I mean, he's attractive, but it's not like I want to/intend to do anything with him. I care about him, and want him to be happy. I'm never alone with him (or any children, ever) and it's not like rape is something that can just accidentally happen. But if people found out about me, they'd assume the worst. gently caress, he probably would too. I don't want people (especially him) to think that I only spend time with him because I'm some kind of pervert. I'm sure I am some kind of pervert, but that's not the reason I like spending time with him. Or hey, maybe it is; I'm not even sure anymore.

So... yeah. What the gently caress can I do? I wouldn't be able to have a proper relationship with a guy my age because a) the sex wouldn't work and b) I'd keep falling in love (if that's the right word. "Infatuation" is probably closer) with children. All that seems to be left for me now is to get old and then die alone as some kind of creepy weirdo loner. Also, to be perfectly honest, I kind of want to know: what's society's loving problem with pedophiles? I understand hating child molesters, but why hate someone just because of their sexuality? Where's the logic in that?

Anyway, sorry for the rambley wall of text. I just had to get that off my chest. I think I feel better now. If you got this far, thanks for reading.

I don't think I'd complain this much if I were you

Not molesting any children is a good start to you dealing with your problems, but stop whining about it and stop hanging out with kids you want to gently caress. I suspect that deep down you don't really see this as an issue, or otherwise you'd have sought help already. Which I'd advise you to do. You need it for other reasons anyway; with therapy and possibly medication you can not only deal with your anxiety issues but maybe one day have a healthy adult relationship with a healthy adult. I don't know anything about mandatory reporting either but I'm pretty sure they're not gonna call the cops on you if you haven't committed a crime.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The Something Awful Forums > Main > GBS: You Should Be Imprisoned If You Link to Facebook > Anonymous Confessions: I'm not, like, a molest-y pedo or anything

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Gentle reminder that the stigma associated with seeking mental help contributes to children in danger.

PedoGoon, SEEK HELP! There are solutions for you and they only require some more attention.

LoL stress goon: you don't miss your job, you miss partying at work all the time. Grow up and treat your wife better or alternatively :sever: because if you resent her for making you not die of a heart attack, you're probably not receptive to her needs.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Do drugs until you find your wife attractive. Easy.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Heart attack goon: You never mentioned what the genders were of the people you partied with. Could it be you are actually gay and miss the casual no-strings attached gay sex? You also don't need to party to do drugs. 420 smoke weed erry day son.

half coke half diet
Feb 3, 2006

Danaru posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > GBS: You Should Be Imprisoned If You Link to Facebook > Anonymous Confessions: I'm not, like, a molest-y pedo or anything

^^

Alpha Male Goon: You had a heart attack cause you were treating your body like a loving shooting range. You miss it cause you can't find the same rush, so try and find another high to replace it. I suggest needlepoint or basketweaving

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

limp_cheese posted:

Heart attack goon: You never mentioned what the genders were of the people you partied with. Could it be you are actually gay and miss the casual no-strings attached gay sex? You also don't need to party to do drugs. 420 smoke weed erry day son.

He said there were "girls" in the "cool kids group"; my assumption was it was 2 girls and 2 guys

So maybe part of it is that he's bi, but he specifically mentioned those women as the part he missed most so that's not all of it

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
i just want to stress, and i'm very serious about this, that the drug-fueled benders of deep kissing and full penetration are not cheating in any sense

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
This thread gives me anxiety.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
PEDO GOON: If you're that worried about what you can and can't say to a therapist, and you're in the United States, go talk to a local criminal law attorney about it. Pay them a small amount to advise you on what the reporting mandates and issues are related to therapy. I think some jurisdictions allow reporting where there is imminent danger to other people, but don't actually mandate it, but again I don't know for sure. I don't know jack poo poo about therapy and reporting requirements, where you live, or anything else, but I do know a local criminal attorney is legally bound not to disclose the subject of your inquiries to them as long as its in connection with representation

Do this now, and go get help before you end up a mugshot on the news.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

blarzgh posted:

PEDO GOON: If you're that worried about what you can and can't say to a therapist, and you're in the United States, go talk to a local criminal law attorney about it. Pay them a small amount to advise you on what the reporting mandates and issues are related to therapy. I think some jurisdictions allow reporting where there is imminent danger to other people, but don't actually mandate it, but again I don't know for sure. I don't know jack poo poo about therapy and reporting requirements, where you live, or anything else, but I do know a local criminal attorney is legally bound not to disclose the subject of your inquiries to them as long as its in connection with representation

He could even end up as a moderator! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

blarzgh posted:

I know state-by-state mandatory reporting AND ages of consent regulations. :viggo:

(I don't really, I don't even live in the US).