Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Light level didn't matter in IB like 99% of the time anyway. At best you'd run into a guy once every ten matches who you could kill with a sniper bodyshot. That particular change isn't a big deal at all to me.

Armor sets having no functional difference beyond appearance is kind of dumb, especially since endgame weapons don't really have any special peeks. There's not much of a reason to keep going once HM is cleared right now—I guess that's fine since it'll give me more time to play Shadow of War, but there's really not much of a treadmill for top-level content right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

FishBulb posted:

That wasn't even remotely what he was saying but it's cool. Get mad a dude talked about friends. Healthy.

I was more mocking the last weekly update. The whole 'the endgame is friends' thing is loving idiotic.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I was more mocking the last weekly update. The whole 'the endgame is friends' thing is loving idiotic.

Yeah I know and it's hella dumb to get mad at some community manager talking positively about friendship. Like that's his whole thing, building a network of "friends"

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

There's nowhere to go but up for the endgame. D1's biggest problem was its bad first impression for most people. No matter how much the game got better over the years, most people still thought of D1 as that game it was in its first few months. That's no longer a problem, so now they can worry about keeping us busy.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Right, but a good enough group of friends can make anything fun. I used to get drunk with friends and laugh at how stupid Troll 2 is, that doesn't mean the director should be boasting about it bringing people together.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Destiny 2: Friendship Is Space Magic

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
"Fwends"

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

lol defending the dumbass poo poo in the TWAB. Bungie is godawful at community management and deej is a loving tool. They're close to another "go play strikes" or "maybe it's good to play other games instead of destiny" statement.

If IB doesn't even have new guns then I'm very curious as to what they're expecting people to do in this game moving forward.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

FishBulb posted:

Yeah I know and it's hella dumb to get mad at some community manager talking positively about friendship. Like that's his whole thing, building a network of "friends"

Then maybe Deej should post that on his Facebook or blog or something and not on the weekly Bungie update? That whole paragraph was clearly an attempt at responding to the community's criticism of the lack of an endgame.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Menstrual Show posted:

If IB doesn't even have new guns then I'm very curious as to what they're expecting people to do in this game moving forward.

The armor looks cool

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah like you're dumb if you don't want space samurai armor

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
It did seem pretty silly. A flowery 'making friends is the REAL endgame :kiddo:' post is the last thing I was expecting

I'm not surprised it annoyed a lot of people, it just came across as a little condenscending to me, it's the kind of thing you say to disgruntled kids in the nursery after they've had a falling out

I suppose that suits the Destiny community just fine actually

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

What do you guys what him to be saying?

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Norns posted:

Nothing tbh

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Then don't read it?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

He could go use all the old Luke Smith weekly updates for ideas because those were usually pretty cool and good and were for a game that didn't ever really change.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Well speaking for myself I would have liked more PC information as it's out in less than a month and we havent heard anything at all since the beta ended.

As for the game itself, I am actually really surprised at the level of backlash it seems to be getting on a lot of fan sites and other internet communities, it is nowhere near as bad as the pessimists are making it out to be, yet they seem to be dominating the discussion. I do think D1 is the better game but people are being overly harsh on D2. It's a very fine game in its current state and has tons of potential.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Here's some PC information
It's the same game on PC

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Thanks

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

[dumb post deleted by author]

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
D2 is good and I'm enjoying the endgame grind of optimizing mods and getting all my cool guns to 305 and raiding with friendly goons thanks for listening

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

All I want is the raid sword and launcher. I will attempt getting these this weekend. Destiny 2 is good and cool.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Norns posted:

Actual information about what we can expect from developers and when to expect it, not his abhorrent whimsical prose.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Emron posted:

Armor sets having no functional difference beyond appearance is kind of dumb, especially since endgame weapons don't really have any special peeks. There's not much of a reason to keep going once HM is cleared right now—I guess that's fine since it'll give me more time to play Shadow of War, but there's really not much of a treadmill for top-level content right now.

They have a way to fix a lot of these problems. Put more impactful 'perks' onto the mods.

Extends your AR/Acout/SMG/Etc... magazine size by 20%-100%
Doubles your number of melee attacks
Greatly increases Grenade recharge time
Allows a unique type of scope
Adds a unique barrel
Grants Firefly
Grants HCR
etc...

Then people could chase the 'perfect' build forever.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

el B posted:

Actual information about what we can expect from developers and when to expect it, not his abhorrent whimsical prose.

I'd expect something after iron banner? We don't know what's after that right

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Murgos posted:

They have a way to fix a lot of these problems. Put more impactful 'perks' onto the mods.

Adds a unique barrel
Grants Firefly
Grants HCR
etc...

The thing is... they don't want to make a game where you loot stuff until you have a good collection of tools. They want a game where you have the tools from the start. Then you play.

So they don't want a RPG game here, only a FPS.

I believe thats something that some people would enjoy?, is not what some of us enjoy from games.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I slept like a rock last night. I didn't realize how hard I've been playing this game for the past month.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I don't really expect much else until DLC 1. The schedule would make sense as:

10/10: IB
10/14: off week, no event
10/24-10/31: festival of the lost

They can just run IB and faction rally as every-other week events with off weeks between until DLC 1. Drip feed raid challenges as well, and there's your calendar.

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.
I'm disappointed there wasn't anything about the "CE-34878-0" error codes and subsequent crashes that happen constantly.

Game is apparently broken and Deej wants to talk about making fwiends.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

el B posted:

He is a terrible overly flowery writer yeah

They're aren't going to have some big thing to talk about every week though.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Murgos posted:

Adds a unique barrel
Grants Firefly
Grants HCR
etc...

If by "forever" you mean "in the two hours after reddit decides what the best build is"

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
In conclusion, Destiny 2 is a land of contrasts. Thank you.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Thanks to the dude who recommended skullfort+striker with the FWC hand cannon! Incredibly fun punching people in the face to get back 11 shots in a exploding hand cannon.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

After caving to peer pressure at work I grabbed an Xbox One and D2 today.

So uh, drat, what class should I be if I was a druid in WoW?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

That's not quite how it works, this is 95% FPS 5% RPG, all three classes are the same and do exactly the same task of murdering the gently caress out of everyone in the room with class-agnostic guns, with minor differences

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Warlock. But maybe Titan, too. Have fun. As above, nobody's really Overpowered per se, just...yeah pick what suits you for a FPS game.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Arrgytehpirate posted:

They're not clear cut like they are in other MMOs. Class differences are really more about skills, with every skill really being focused around Shooting Things More Effectively. Warlock or Titan are probably most beginner-friendly, but there's no harm in trying them all.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Okie dokie thanks ya'll

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Any advice on how to jump from 271 to 300ish in a hurry? I'm doing my milestones and random events each day but keep getting poo poo in the 265 range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Play all 3. Start with Warlock since they have the shittiest jump.