Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

MaxxBot posted:

Take a knee... and bomb the gently caress out of Syria!!!

https://twitter.com/AlabedBana/status/916049128383119360

tfw you're strong, principled commitment to anti-imperialism requires you to hate the poo poo out of a little girl from a war zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Fallen Hamprince posted:

tfw you're strong, principled commitment to anti-imperialism requires you to hate the poo poo out of a little girl from a war zone

I'm sure the explanation is that she knows perfect English at age 5 rather than that her literal English teacher mom is the owner of the account :jerkbag:

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

MaxxBot posted:

knows perfect English at age 5

MaxxBot posted:

literal English teacher mom

i think i've found an alternative explanation

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

It's almost as if there's a connection between defending Hillary and defending her awful neocon policies :thunk:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

So you think we should bomb Syria because 5 year olds think that's a Good idea?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

MaxxBot posted:

nice meltdown

looking forward to at least five or six more posts about how the syrian toddler is actually a war criminal

Fallen Hamprince has issued a correction as of 05:31 on Oct 6, 2017

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Gotta support Bill Kristol's foreign policy because #TheResistance!

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

You clearly oppose a non-interventionist foreign policy in Syria, so what do you suggest? I'm sure you have a totally good faith answer for me.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

MaxxBot posted:

beats the poo poo out of supporting david duke's foreign policy

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

So you support US regime change in Syria? And you take issue with me calling you a neocon?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

I'm David Duke for opposing GWB neocon foreign policy :jerkbag:

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

love 2 tweet "hope u get barrel bombed lol" at a 5 year old to prove that i am the leftiest boy

MaxxBot posted:

So you support US regime change in Syria? And you take issue with me calling you a neocon?

i don't support invasion but it's very interesting how certain ostensibly leftist posters get very upset at anyone pointing out that assad is anything other than a very cool guy

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Assad is a terrible guy but trying to take out terrible guys and replace them with ~-~someone better~-~ is something the US has done for decades with a loving terrible success rate. It's incredibly foolish to assume that this time it will work, especially given the circumstances

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Why not just loving stay out of it for once? Why can't the US just not be imperialist assholes in a pointless Civil War for the first time ever?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
hamprince do you have to poo poo up yet another loving thread to try and insult leftists who just want a war to end jfc

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Jose posted:

hamprince do you have to poo poo up yet another loving thread to try and insult leftists who just want a war to end jfc

i wasn't the one who brought up the 'neocon' toddler jose

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

gently caress OFF - HAMPRINCE *clap* *clap* - *clap**clap**clap*

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/HuffPost/status/916179895105056768

elon's clearly a great guy to have rebuilding considering the knowledge of natural hazards he's demonstrated with his 'hypersonic underground vacuum tube transit line along the san andreas fault' idea

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Fallen Hamprince posted:

https://twitter.com/HuffPost/status/916179895105056768

elon's clearly a great guy to have rebuilding considering the knowledge of natural hazards he's demonstrated with his 'hypersonic underground vacuum tube transit line along the san andreas fault' idea

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/3-540-28500-8_18

quote:

Experience shows that underground structures, especially deep ones, are far less vulnerable to earthquakes than superficial ones. The latter are endangered by earthquakes due to the fact that the motion of the ground can be amplified by the response of the structure to such an extent that the induced strains damage the structure. The earthquake waves can also be amplified within soft superficial strata. In addition, loose water-saturated soil may loose its strength (so-called liquefaction), and this can lead to landslides or failure of foundations and retaining walls. In contrast, deep buried structures, especially flexible ones, are not expected to oscillate independently of the surrounding ground, i.e. amplification of the ground motion can be excluded. This is manifested by the relatively low earthquake damage of tunnels.

lol

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

idk i for one would not want to be in a tin can going at mach 6 when the tunnel walls flex in response to an earthquake

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

It's good then that every hyperloop picture Ive seen is above ground

lol at the idea of boring thousand miles of subway tubes

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Solar power in Puerto Rico doesn't seem like a bad idea at all on paper? It's in the best latitude for it, as an island nation an independent and decentralised power supply makes a lot of sense, and solar is fairly low-maintenance and reliable. Of course the fossil fuel companies are likely to pitch a fit about it.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

steinrokkan posted:

It's good then that every hyperloop picture Ive seen is above ground

lol at the idea of boring thousand miles of subway tubes

Yeah idk what the plan with the hyperloop company is but I know he also has The Boring Company to do underground stuff for something or other.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Oh, right, I forgot about that one.

I wonder what Musk's next inane project is going to be, like disrupting inkjet printers or something

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

I wonder what Musk's next inane project is going to be, like disrupting inkjet printers or something

Inkjet Propulsion Lab

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

steinrokkan posted:

strapping billionaires into rockets and shooting them between cities apparently

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Inkjet Propulsion Lab

Splatoon spoilers much?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

MizPiz posted:

This is why art is dead in the west. If you can't find anything to inspire you artistically with the Trump adminstration then you never were and never will be an artist.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Man Hamprince's lust for Syria death is spilling over into other threads

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

MaxxBot posted:

Take a knee... and bomb the gently caress out of Syria!!!

https://twitter.com/AlabedBana/status/916049128383119360

MaxxBot posted:

I'm sure the explanation is that she knows perfect English at age 5 rather than that her literal English teacher mom is the owner of the account :jerkbag:

MaxxBot posted:

It's almost as if there's a connection between defending Hillary and defending her awful neocon policies :thunk:

MaxxBot posted:

MaxxBot posted:

MaxxBot posted:

You clearly oppose a non-interventionist foreign policy in Syria, so what do you suggest? I'm sure you have a totally good faith answer for me.

MaxxBot posted:

MaxxBot posted:

I'm David Duke for opposing GWB neocon foreign policy :jerkbag:

MaxxBot posted:

Assad is a terrible guy but trying to take out terrible guys and replace them with ~-~someone better~-~ is something the US has done for decades with a loving terrible success rate. It's incredibly foolish to assume that this time it will work, especially given the circumstances

MaxxBot posted:

Why not just loving stay out of it for once? Why can't the US just not be imperialist assholes in a pointless Civil War for the first time ever?

- extremely normal person posting about brands

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

keep the syria poo poo in the syria thread you loving tankies/neocons

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

gently caress

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Drop those last three words and we'll all experience a novelty: a hamprince idea worth repeating.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Fallen Hamprince posted:

he should combine that with his space rockets and shoot them into the sun instead

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

[quote="“Captain_Maclaine”" post="“477110809”"]
Drop those last three words and we’ll all experience a novelty: a hamprince idea worth repeating.
[/quote]

if the rocket doesn't have a parachute and the destination city is Reno you already have one my friend

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

tunnels experience ovaling deformations and will easily shift relative to any part of the fault they cross (there are networks of faults)

it can be designed around and mitigated somewhat but it's still a big problem for even relatively smaller things like underground utilities that don't need to run hundreds of miles in a careful alignment

elon "elon musk" musk's hyperloop has many problems that ignore the real world and that's just one in the hilarious list on the desk of the guy who likes to pretend he's an engineer

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

dont mind hovercraft, like a lot of yospos engineers he resents someone who actually achieved things in their life

me too

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/916317209017937920