Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Oh my GOSH you guys is this where Belkar is going to die??????

I really bet it is, I should go to the main site and make a thread!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
You're too late. Probably.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Bell_ posted:

You're too late. Probably.
:thejoke:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Wait, how about this one: Belkar already died.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Wait, how about this one: Belkar already died.

This whole arc is a really half-assed Jacob's Ladder tribute.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

My face during the last 3 panels: :haw:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Yeah, this was pretty awesome.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007
Haley may just be the smartest of the party. (See also: the three-Xykon shell(ington) game)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sfwarlock posted:

Haley may just be the smartest of the party. (See also: the three-Xykon shell(ington) game)

She's not the smartest but she absolutely is the one best at figuring out a trick or con.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
hey

it's time for a fighting montage

it's been a bit

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

She's not the smartest but she absolutely is the one best at figuring out a trick or con.

Highest Sense Motive in the party? I think she's the only one who gets it as a class skill anyway.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cleverest, perhaps; she doesn't have the highest Intelligence or the most knowledge, but she's the best at putting things together and realizing things that might not be immediately obvious. And, yes, by far the best at seeing through deception.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

yes, medium high intelligence, lowish wisdom and maxed out bluff/sense motive

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

poly and open-minded posted:

I thought he was lizardfolk, not yuan-ti

Malpais Legate posted:

He's probably supposed to be Yuan Ti but just called a lizardfolk.

The wiki says that Rich confirmed Malack had no spells over 6th level.

He was pretending to be lizardfolk. But he was actually a snake like creature that best matched a Yuan-ti. As Yuan-ti are considered product identity and so like Beholders and Mind Flayers can't be freely used. Rich just never called out what he really was.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Colonel Cool posted:

Highest Sense Motive in the party? I think she's the only one who gets it as a class skill anyway.

Not that he has that many skill points to throw around, but elan gets it too.

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

ikanreed posted:

Not that he has that many skill points to throw around, but elan gets it too.

Well it's not like he spent them on Concentration.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Elan is also the other one who has figured out when they were being tricked/conned. Remember that he's the one who finally broke the illusion spell that would have otherwise gotten them all killed.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Colonel Cool posted:

Well it's not like he spent them on Concentration.

That's because he spent them on cross-class skills, like Animal Handling.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

That's because he spent them on cross-class skills, like Animal Handling.
At least it's better than Goat Herding.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

GlyphGryph posted:

Elan is also the other one who has figured out when they were being tricked/conned. Remember that he's the one who finally broke the illusion spell that would have otherwise gotten them all killed.
Elan and Tarquin would be loving gods in Discworld.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

PMush Perfect posted:

Comes of being masters of Narrativium.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

PMush Perfect posted:

Pointedly disagree. There was one book, either wyrd sisters or witches abroad where the plot centered on granny weatherwax preventing a standard predictable fairy tale story from coming true because real life isn't stories and people need to make sensible decisions.

Tarquin would not fit in in a universe where people don't put up with his poo poo.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

ikanreed posted:

Pointedly disagree. There was one book, either wyrd sisters or witches abroad where the plot centered on granny weatherwax preventing a standard predictable fairy tale story from coming true because real life isn't stories and people need to make sensible decisions.

Tarquin would not fit in in a universe where people don't put up with his poo poo.

To be fair that wasn't because that's a cast iron rule of the disc but because it's a cast iron rule of Granny Weatherwax. I know practically there's not much difference but still.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah but she also had the whole thing where all the vampires ended up getting into way more trouble than they otherwise would have by learning to not be affected by the crosses and running water and whatnot that they are supposed to be weak to.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

ikanreed posted:

Stories are most definitely real on Discworld sometimes, it was just that Granny's sister was abusing her knowledge of them to terrorize a region, even worse than how Tarquin did.

Elan would be a demigod on Discworld, excepting Ankh-Morpork, due to his good nature and unwillingness to wield actual power. Tarquin would be a tyrant that got deposed by Granny or Vimes.

TheAceOfLungs
Aug 4, 2010

nimby posted:

Stories are most definitely real on Discworld sometimes, it was just that Granny's sister was abusing her knowledge of them to terrorize a region, even worse than how Tarquin did.

Elan would be a demigod on Discworld, excepting Ankh-Morpork, due to his good nature and unwillingness to wield actual power. Tarquin would be a tyrant that got deposed by Granny or Vimes.

I want to read this fanfic.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly

nimby posted:

Elan would be a demigod on Discworld, excepting Ankh-Morpork, due to his good nature and unwillingness to wield actual power.

Good nature and unwillingness to wield actual power works pretty well for Carrot.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Here's my hot take:

Magrat Garlick: Haley
Nanny Ogg: Elan
Granny Weatherwax: Roy

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

PMush Perfect posted:

Here's my hot take:

Magrat Garlick: Elan
Nanny Ogg: Durkon
Greebo: Belkar

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Roy is nowhere near strong willed enough to be Granny Weatherwax

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

PMush Perfect posted:

Here's my hot take:

Magrat Garlick: Haley
Nanny Ogg: Elan

Haley is not a wet hen.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

The_Final_Stand posted:

Good nature and unwillingness to wield actual power works pretty well for Carrot.

I always got the feeling that he wasn't so much unwilling as that he felt it was unnecessary, because what Ankh-Morpork needed wasn't a king but just some guy you felt gave a drat.

E: although he is pretty uninterested in power which is why he's the one person who doesn't go power mad when he touches the Gonne

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Oct 6, 2017

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Vimes::O'chul

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

jeebus bob posted:

Haley is not a wet hen.
Eh, I'd say she is moist enough to be a von Lipwig.

As for Roy, he'd be a fine Susan.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 6, 2017

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

PMush Perfect posted:

Tarquin's pretty much Vetinari anyway.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Belkar is very obviously Nobby

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Belkar isn't a human, though, which Nobby definitely is. He's got a certificate and everything.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm not sure if Tarquin has it in him to let himself be imprisoned (in a cell he prepared to have every creature comfort and a supply of fine wine) just so he can wait until they realize they need him and beg him to come back.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Tarquin is ALL about subtly manipulating people into tacitly approving his authority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Vetinari is ruthless but I don't think he's actually Evil. He wants the city to work, whatever it takes to make that happen.