Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

XK posted:

Cymelion and Lethality being salty about Evocati will never not be funny.

It's so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Can we have synopses for twitch links beyond :yarg:? I'm not sitting through any kind of ad that supports these guys

:gary:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
is persistence in yet?
Are people going to actually lose EUC or whatever the currency is?
I might just buy a starter package to wreck some havoc.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I'm waiting for proof that anyone actually got 3.0.

The release notes are hilarious on their own, but I want tales of first hand experiences.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

That's Cymelion... isn't he a huge fan? I guess not being part of the secret club is enough to piss off a true believer.

XK posted:

The release notes are hilarious on their own, but I want tales of first hand experiences.

Ahh, but it's in NDA, so avocados can't post proof. Schrodinger's pre-alpha patch.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

XK posted:

People are debating buying 32gb RAM for Star citizen and it's running at sub < 10 fps lol

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

Can we have synopses for twitch links beyond :yarg:? I'm not sitting through any kind of ad that supports these guys

guys please by the time work is over and I can watch this the thread will have moved another thousand posts and the link will be long gone I just want to know what's going on

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I want to see someone using inner thought prompts.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I also want to know how large is the 3.0 download?

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

it's this https://youtu.be/RlILMmv17E4

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

XK posted:

download is 38gb

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Daztek posted:

it's running at sub < 10 fps lol

:vince:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

XK posted:

Is... is this an inner thought?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Daztek posted:

download is 38gb

Not bad, I was expecting maybe a 50+. On first update, it will be interesting to see how the delta patcher works out, since that's apparently supposed to be in this release.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Is... is this an inner thought?

It was, then I mocapped and physicalized it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

XK posted:

It was, then I mocapped and physicalized it.

Revolutionary. Here's 50$

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

This is what every Shitizen believes

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Citizen con IS going to be loving hilarious if what I've just seen is actually going to happen.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lladre posted:

is persistence in yet?
Are people going to actually lose EUC or whatever the currency is?
I might just buy a starter package to wreck some havoc.

I can't say I'd like.. recommend buying it, but bouncing off peoples' stupid loving spaceships is kind of fun for a little bit.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Daztek posted:

People are debating buying 32gb RAM for Star citizen and it's running at sub < 10 fps lol

That's perfection delivered to your eyeballs 10 times a second. Don't be a frame locust.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

EightAce posted:

Citizen con IS going to be loving hilarious if what I've just seen is actually going to happen.

We finally get to see Sandi's shoe designs?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

XK posted:

I want to see someone using inner thought prompts.
"I should get a refund"

XK
Jul 9, 2001

I'm actually surprised at myself for saying a 38g download is not bad. Even my perspective has been distorted.

How does that compare to other games? What are some of the largest game downloads? I'm out of the loop on modern ground breaking games.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

XK posted:

I'm actually surprised at myself for saying a 38g download is not bad. Even my perspective has been distorted.

How does that compare to other games? What are some of the largest game downloads? I'm out of the loop on modern ground breaking games.

Gears of War and Forza are approaching 90 GB.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

XK posted:

GTA5 is like 70gb I think, World of Warcraft is like 50gb

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun

quote:

Doors and airlocks have been updated with additional functionality.

:yikes:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Colostomy Bag posted:

Gears of War and Forza are approaching 90 GB.

Daztek posted:

GTA5 is like 70gb I think, World of Warcraft is like 50gb

Holy moly.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

This is great because what more functionality does a door need than open and close lol

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Your commando is much cooler than mine, Crabhands.
Mine wears glasses for correction.
But... has yours done 10,000 systems?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

XK posted:

Holy moly.
I thought WoW was an outlier, since it's been adding the equivalent of new worlds every few years for over a decade now, but Gears being 90gb is definitely :stare:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

XK posted:

The problem is that Star Citizen has like... 1% of its content in the game so far.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yeah 38 gigs is not at all large for a complete game these days.

complete game being the operative words here.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Sarsapariller let us know if you buy back in.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

big nipples big life posted:

Yeah 38 gigs is not at all large for a complete game these days.

complete game being the operative words here.

My Star Citizen folder is 30gb for a space station and poo poo wipeout rip off

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Victoria 2 - Oh poo poo, right, uhh... this still exists? Continue your domination of the world as with EU IV, but this time you're spending months just trying to figure out the world market and why none of your armies are reinforcing anymore.
Victoria 2 - Try to achieve 100% literacy as Guatemala.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

This is great because what more functionality does a door need than open and close lol

It's two smaller doors inside the big door to stop us from bouncing through them without pants on, I expect.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
WoW's 38gb is like for what seven games of content in one?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beet Wagon posted:

It's two smaller doors inside the big door to stop us from bouncing through them without pants on, I expect.

I will find a way, I have to be free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lladre posted:

WoW's 38gb is like for what seven games of content in one?

Severe lack of fidelity though