Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Other than In the mouth of madness, Dagon might be the best lovecraft movie ever, so it might be the Original Famous Ray's you've been looking for after a lifetime of s'barro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The Void felt like it began life as a PS1-era survival horror game before becoming a movie. It had a very Resident Evil 2 feel to it.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I like my Lovecraft to be a bit goofier than The Void, which was very self-serious. Then again, I love Baskin so I'm not 100% sure what it was exactly that didn't quite click for me with The Void. Maybe I should watch it again.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

The Void felt like it began life as a PS1-era survival horror game before becoming a movie. It had a very Resident Evil 2 feel to it.

Hmm.. that kind of makes sense to me. It was like "wait, why is there a monster in that room? Is it just to give me a challenge to pass?" The Void sometimes felt less like a story and more like a set of trials or as you put it a video game.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Other than In the mouth of madness, Dagon might be the best lovecraft movie ever, so it might be the Original Famous Ray's you've been looking for after a lifetime of s'barro

It depends on how broad you want to define "lovecraft movie." The Thing is heavily influenced by At the Mountains of Madness, so in a way that might be the best one. Even In the Mouth of Madness isn't based on anything specific from Lovecraft.

Anyway the answer is clearly Re-animator.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I love all three of The Thing, Prince of Darkness, and Mouth of Madness. But then when I don't enjoy other Lovecraftian stuff I have to wonder if I'm a fan of "Lovecraft" or just John Carpenter (I'm absolutely a fan of Carpenter beyond these movies). Same with I like King "Lovecraftian" work like The Mist or It or Desperation (sorta, the book, not so much the movie). But then am I a fan of "Lovecraft" or King (because again, I AM a King fan beyond the Lovecraftian stuff).

So reading some actual Lovecraft and watching some Gordon with a critical idea and a clear idea of what I'm looking for seems like the way to get my answer. If I enjoy them then I'm probably a Lovecraft fan and just have had mixed experiences with adaptions. If I don't then it might be reasonable for me to say I'm just not a big "Lovecraftian" horror guy.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I know you said you were going to but make sure you watch From Beyond. That's the best litmus test in my book.

Yes its me again, talkin bout From Beyond.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its one I've meant to watch forever and signed up for Shudder and its available, so I'm definitely watching that. Dagon is more of a "maybe" since I have to rent it but I probably will. And it gives me a year I need.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Even though Gordon is probably best known for his Lovecraft adaptations, they all have wildly different tones from the source material (and his Pit and the Pendulum practically only has the name in common with Poe's story). So reading Lovecraft's fiction would be a better way of figuring out whether you're a fan of Lovecraft or the derivations. The Thing and Altered States are the movies that jump to mind as best capturing the same sort of tone and atmosphere of his writing.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Quatermass and the Pit, and The Stone Tape are two other Lovecraft inspired movies that aren't directly adapting Lovecraft, but probably hit that tone better than some of the straight adaptations do.

Also, I know I'm gonna probably blow at least one person's mind by informing everyone that it's not actually Quartermass, it's Quatermass. There's only one r in there!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I picked up Stone Tape on DVD a couple of years ago when it was being talked up in these threads and never got around to it. So I'll definitely move that up on the short list too. I was thinking I should watch Ghost Watch first since I've been led to believe they're thematic/crew sequel sort of things.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I could have sworn Dagon was streaming on Shudder.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

STAC Goat posted:

I picked up Stone Tape on DVD a couple of years ago when it was being talked up in these threads and never got around to it. So I'll definitely move that up on the short list too. I was thinking I should watch Ghost Watch first since I've been led to believe they're thematic/crew sequel sort of things.

Yea Stone Tape and Ghostwatch would be great together as a double feature. They aren't at all the same kind of unhinged insanity that Gordon's stuff is though, they're more reserved.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

9. Seoul Station: A recent animated prequel to the solid Train to Busan, it is worth a watch. The plot is much darker with plenty of social commentary though the overall movie is not quite as good as the first.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
drat I've never heard of Stone Tape. I might watch that tonight.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hollismason posted:

Not as far as I can tell but I'm having a real hard time navigating Shudder and getting used to its interface. I can't seem to find a way to browse for stuff in a useful way. Its all weird groupings based on some odd idea or searching for a specific title. But like Amazon tells me that The Crazies is available in Shudder but I can't find it with a search. So I'm kind of lost.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Stone Tape is good. Some of the acting is hammy but overall it was one of those things where it stuck with me long after watching it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

Not as far as I can tell but I'm having a real hard time navigating Shudder and getting used to its interface. I can't seem to find a way to browse for stuff in a useful way. Its all weird groupings based on some odd idea or searching for a specific title. But like Amazon tells me that The Crazies is available in Shudder but I can't find it with a search. So I'm kind of lost.

I've just started using https://www.justwatch.com and it's pretty handy so far. Especially for me since I'm Canadian and half the stuff peopel recommend isn't available up here.

Site has some good filters though you can browse everything at once.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I had an awesome Yahoo Streaming Guide app on my old phone that was able to search all my apps and the streaming services, send me straight to them, and give me alerts if something showed up. But that phone died a few weeks ago, I hosed up the backup, and I can't find it in the Google Play Store anymore to get it on my new phone.

That looks pretty similar so I'll give it a go. Thanks.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

Pretty sure it was, but now it's only available for $2 on Prime.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Darthemed posted:

Even though Gordon is probably best known for his Lovecraft adaptations, they all have wildly different tones from the source material (and his Pit and the Pendulum practically only has the name in common with Poe's story). So reading Lovecraft's fiction would be a better way of figuring out whether you're a fan of Lovecraft or the derivations. The Thing and Altered States are the movies that jump to mind as best capturing the same sort of tone and atmosphere of his writing.

His Masters of Horror episode Dreams in the Witchhouse is like 95% page accurate actually. Far more so than most every other Lovecraft adaptation.

Anyways, more updating:

#18. The Burrowers (2008)

In the Old West, a farm gets attacked and several of the women go missing, presumed kidnapped by Natives. A posse forms up, including one woman's fiance, to track them down. However, what the men find instead are a group of strange nocturnal creatures that travel underground, and prefer to dine on human meat.

This movie's a rarity, that hybrid genre of horror and western that you just don't ever see enough of. I think it was rather well done I suppose, it had the feeling of the long prairie crossing mission down fine. And the monsters felt completely original so I can't fault that. I liked it.

I give The Burrowers :spooky::spooky::spooky::spooky: out of Five

#19. The ABCs of Death 2.5 (2016)

Describing this one is tricky. If you're familiar with the series, then you know that they normally take 26 horror filmmakers from around the world and assign them each a random letter to make a death-based horror short of 3.5-4 minutes long with a title/subject using a word with that letter (as in A for Apple, where someone dies from an apple). That's it, all other details are up to them, meaning there's a very large breadth of subject matter and style at play in these. However, with the second film, they put out a contest for the letter M, with people sending in entries from all over, to be voted on by fans and the producers. What THIS entry is, is the top 26 contest entries (including the winner), laid out in alphabetical order. As each film is its own thing, it's kinda impossible to judge or rate it as a whole. I will say that there's just as much good, bad, and strange at play here, though the bad isn't in as high a dose as in the previous two films, so there is that to consider. If you like the format, knock yourself out. Me, I'm moving on to my next writeup, something I'm sure will be highbrow and respectable.

#20. Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers (1988)

Detective Jack Chandler, while investigating a missing persons case, stumbles his way into a cult of prostitutes worshiping chainsaws. Lots of boobs and power tools follow. Yep.

I've seen my share of films from b-movie titan Fred Olen Ray, but I have to say this is probably his masterpiece. The acting is decent to good, the chainsaws look nice, the girls are of course rarely wearing much, and heck, even the jokes can be funny sometimes. Plus, it has Linnea Quigley and Michelle Bauer in a chainsaw duel at one point. Come on, look at that title, you didn't come here for Oscar-bait.

I give Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers :spooky::spooky: Out of Five

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

16: The Stone Tape (1972)

I haven't watched this since the 20th anniversary in 1992, so it's pretty fresh to me again. With hindsight it's easily recognised as a massive influence on Carpenter's Prince of Darkness, which was written under the pseudonym Martin Quatermass as an homage to Stone Tape's writer Nigel Kneale. The theme is notionally scientists trying to experimentally analyse a haunting, but it slides into aspects of quantum physics without ever calling attention to the fact. The ending is predictable, but only in the sense of it being an inevitable extension of the concepts presented. A classic that I know a bunch more people plan to watch; you won't regret it.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

3. The Tingler,

This movie was schlocky, awful and I liked it! It very much has inspired me to check out more of William Castle's work!

I'm a huge fan of corny gimmicky bullshit and the theatre scene was just great, I wish there was some madcap director like Castle still around.

Vincent Price is worth the admission for drat near anything. I like the concept for the monster but they'd have done better to include less closeups and leave more to the imagination.

2.5 hams out of 5.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

4. The Mummy (1959)

Great performances by the entire cast, an excellent mummy and good looking costumes kept me entertained throughout. I also liked this take on the plot.

While I enjoyed this one, it felt slower than it needed to be and seemed to stall a bit at points, I was surprised to find it was only 1h37.

Thoroughly recommended overall though, especially considering the age. I'm looking forward to exploring more Hammer stuff.

4 soulful eyes out of 5.

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 6, 2017

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

#16 Friday the 13th Part 3 - Not very good but I can see how it might be more fun in 3d. Or maybe drinking every time something wacky and 3d happens. 2/5

Total: 16
Butterly Murders [4/5], Candyman: Day of the Dead [1/5], The Fog [4/5], Demons [5/5], Demons 2 [4/5], Prom Night [2/5], The Texas Chainsaw Massacre [5/5], In the Mouth of Madness [4/5], Inland Empire [3/5], Vampyr [4/5], Scanners [4/5], The Manitou [4/5], Crimson Peak [4/5], Planet of the Vampires [3/5], Raw [5/5], Friday the 13th Part 3 [2/5]
Letterboxd list

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

5. Cult of Chucky

I was in a unique position to view this as I haven't seen a Child's Play movie since I was a kid, and obviously none of the new ones.

The plot was flat as hell, maybe if I'd seen previous versions I'd care more but I suspect not.

That said the voicework of the doll(s) was good and there were a few chuckles. The real meat, literally, was in the deaths later on though, those were 2 of the gnarliest skull stompings I've ever seen.

2 smashed brains out of 5.

(I probably over-spoiler stuff)

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 6, 2017

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

I've got a huge backlog of reviews to put out so let's get started:

3. Shatter Dead, 1994

The dead have come back to life... but instead of eating people and destroying civilization, they become marginalized second-class citizens. Some are just trying to get by, while others see it as a way to stay young forever as long as they can pass as living, and there's one figure who's made an apocalyptic religious cult of zombie followers who plan to revolt against humanity.

Shatter Dead's greatest strength is its wealth of ideas, since it's considerably lacking in everything else. While it deals with the zombie genre in an inventive and interesting way (the director of Les Revenants had to have seen this, right?) and goes along with its premise in a lot of different directions in a short runtime; it's also a mostly ugly-looking, poorly acted, sloppily made Shot-On-Video pseudo-art house film. It's clearly not a movie for everyone, but if you can look past its flaws to appreciate the boldness of its premise than you'll find it reaches the level of really solid outsider art in it's best moments.

:spooky::spooky::spooky:/5

4. The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires, 1974

Last year I went through all of the Hammer Dracula films except this one and I shouldn't have slept on it. The waning Hammer films tried to remain relevant in the mid '70s by making this co-production with the Shaw Brothers ending up in a Gothic horror kung-fu mashup. While this sounds like gimmicky desperation from a floundering studio, the talent in front of and behind the camera were both some of each studio's best. The credited director was Hammer regular Roy Ward Baker (Quatermass and the Pit, The Vampire Lovers) with Peter Cushing in his final role as Van Helsing, while the action-y bits starring David Chiang were directed by Chang Cheh with fight choreography by Lau Kar-leung!

The story deals with Dracula taking over the body of a Chinese disciple and traveling to rural China to reawaken the legendary Seven Golden Vampires (of the Western tradition, not the hopping kind). 100 years later Van Helsing is in China giving lectures on how the legend of these vampires are true but is laughed out of the room by the local scholars. The only person who believes him is David Chiang, whose ancestral village has been plagued and destroyed by the vampires, and asks for Van Helsing to help him and his family of martial arts experts to destroy the threat once and for all.

Being a pretty knowledgeable fan of both studios, seeing their familiar traits melded together in a single film was incredible to see. The film luckily didn't hold back from the bloodiness of '70s Shaw fights and seeing Cushing take a small part in them is something I'm still trying to comprehend. The makeup on the vampires and the undead are gloriously cheap, often looking like rigid papier-mache masks of Troll 2 quality. The fights aren't up to the highest quality that Chang and Lau were and would be known for, but they are immensely entertaining to watch and watching undead minions getting fists punched through their bodies is always good.

There is some of the familiar dead-weight of these later-day Hammer films, with the character of Van Helsing's son being mostly uninteresting and useless. And it's biggest flaw keeping it from true greatness was that Christopher Lee unfortunately does not play Dracula, who's instead played by Some Guy. I would've even preferred stock footage of Lee, given that Dracula barely appears in person for all of 3 minutes. But even so, this was a very fun way for the Hammer Dracula series to close, and it's tragic that it didn't do well which may have robbed the world of possibly more Hammer/Shaw mashups like this one.

:spooky::spooky::spooky:.5/5

Watched: Pulse, Darkness, Shatter Dead, The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Nroo posted:

I've got a huge backlog of reviews to put out so let's get started:

3. Shatter Dead, 1994

The dead have come back to life... but instead of eating people and destroying civilization, they become marginalized second-class citizens. Some are just trying to get by, while others see it as a way to stay young forever as long as they can pass as living, and there's one figure who's made an apocalyptic religious cult of zombie followers who plan to revolt against humanity.

Shatter Dead's greatest strength is its wealth of ideas, since it's considerably lacking in everything else. While it deals with the zombie genre in an inventive and interesting way (the director of Les Revenants had to have seen this, right?) and goes along with its premise in a lot of different directions in a short runtime; it's also a mostly ugly-looking, poorly acted, sloppily made Shot-On-Video pseudo-art house film. It's clearly not a movie for everyone, but if you can look past its flaws to appreciate the boldness of its premise than you'll find it reaches the level of really solid outsider art in it's best moments.

:spooky::spooky::spooky:/5

I'm uh...kinda surprised anybody liked this for non-masochistic reasons. Back when I had my own website of b-movie reviews like, up to close to a decade ago, my review of this was the number one hit on the site, due to Arabic Bing searches of all things, I believe mostly because of the gun felatio scene. If you actually did indeed like this movie, you should see the filmmaker's attempt at dystopic sci-fi, Sixteen Tongues. It's a weird one.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

October 6. Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things

"This is a grim-or-ee."

This is one those films I've heard of forever as a landmark horror film of the 70's and never got a chance to see. After checking it out, I could see why it was hugely influential but at the same time, it's got some major problems that prevent me from saying it's a good movie. OTOH, it's got a really fun third act so maybe it's worthwhile?

A group of actors, led by a guy who is the prototype for all those hipster stereotypes only forty years early, go for a night of fun on an island cemetery. The plan is to have some fun, mess with some corpses, and raise the dead (drat, now I've got the Treehouse of Horror episode stuck in my head: "Did you wreck the car?" "No." "Did you raise the dead?" "Uh-huh." "But the car's okay?"). For some reason, this plan goes horribly awry.

So I think I've talked a lot about pacing in horror films this month and this is an example where the bad pacing I see in horror films all the time is there, but it manages to work. Things don't really get going until a bit after the hour mark in this 90 minute film, but that first hour is filled with a pack of assholes being assholes, harassing and tormenting each other, two satanic rituals, and a gay marriage to a corpse. Even though you're not getting much in the way of zombie action, there's still plenty of things going on. Then when the dead do start popping out of the ground, the film gives you a goddamned army of zombies; when I saw the opening credits and they had about fifty names in it I knew they weren't just going to have three or four guys in make up rotating in and out of shots.

The real biggest problem with this movie is that it's a horror comedy where the characters are all supposed to be witty, but they're actually insufferable assholes who I couldn't wait to see get eaten. Especially the leader of the troupe who needs to have the poo poo smacked out of him badly. This is a movie where the idea of someone going into an ethnic Jewish stereotype in the middle of asking Satan to show them some zombies is considered to be hilarious.

So, a clunky movie, but one that delivers on its promises and winds up being kind of neat for that. The seams of the student film are showing, but it's such an earnest effort that I don't mind that.

I'm impressed by all the people checking out Hammer's The Mummy this year; that's a good movie even if it didn't need the flashbacks to earlier in the film.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Dead Calm

I never heard of this movie and wish I never had, seriously gently caress this movie. It's really dark and I'm having trouble thinking of another movie that so seamlessly starts building tension that turns into frustration. The characters make the stupidest, non-sensical decisions and the scenarios are absurd.. the ending had me literally saying 'gently caress you' at the tv.

The beginning also seems pointless in retrospect, unless they just had to figure out a way to cram in a child's death to go with the dog killing and rape . Ugh

zero-point-zero/5 .

The Devils

Another grim film that I'm not sure of why it deserves the high scores it seems to get. Didn't care for it, but it's just not my cup of tea

:spooky::spooky:/5

I'm ready for some Scream Stream fun

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 7, 2017

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

You think that's bad, you should see the made for tv remake...set in space. Richard Grieco is in the Billy Zane role, and Corbin Bernsen in the Sam Neil role. IMDB lists it as Inhumanoid. There's other titles though.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
3. Cult of Chucky (2017)

Hopped on the Cult of Chucky train last night, I liked this much more than I remember like Curse of Chucky which I watched last year. Didn't really appreciate the ending. Guess I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what they do next.

:spooky::spooky::spooky:

4. Dr Phibes Rises Again (1972)

Vincent Price is some sort of zombie man, who wants to bring his wife back from the dead with the help of some crazy egyptian magic. Meanwhile, some other guy wants that magic to keep himself alive. Did I mention that zombie Price is pretty much proto-jigsaw? I feel like the traps in the first were better, and every scene without Price put me to sleep.

:spooky::spooky::spooky:

Watched: 1. House 2 (4/5) 2. Little Evil (2.5/5) 3. Cult of Chucky (3/5), 4. Dr. Phibes Rises Again (3/5)
Bonus: REC (4.5/5), REC 2 (4/5), Halloween 2007 (2/5)

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Movie #23: Child's Play

I found that sweet new Blu-ray (it's actually just a cardboard insert put over the old cover) of Child's play and figured I should watch it in HIGH RESOLUTION. What can I say about Child's Play? It scared me so much as a kid. As an adult I just kept thinking it wouldve been ballsy as gently caress to play it up like this doll is killing people but actually have it be the little kid. The movie holds up. I'm a huge Brad Dourif fan already and he has one of the scariest "angry" voices. It's owed a re-watch this time of the year.

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

Choco1980 posted:

I'm uh...kinda surprised anybody liked this for non-masochistic reasons. Back when I had my own website of b-movie reviews like, up to close to a decade ago, my review of this was the number one hit on the site, due to Arabic Bing searches of all things, I believe mostly because of the gun felatio scene. If you actually did indeed like this movie, you should see the filmmaker's attempt at dystopic sci-fi, Sixteen Tongues. It's a weird one.

"Liked" may be too strong a term, ha. I became aware of it due to former CineD mod Penismightier's brief mention in this list, so I already knew it was pretty much objectively terrible but also having an open mind to it's more interesting qualities.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

11. Hocus Pocus

Still looking for good family friendly ones and landed on this. I hadn't actually seen it before and it was quite delightful. It's very 90s Disney but it holds up.

12. Sennentuschi

Well, it was a Swiss thriller, so it was long and slow burning, but moody, gorgeous, and overall quite good. It was a bit ambiguous and not in the way I like, but overall it was pretty cool and gets very creepy near the end

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Oct 7, 2017

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
3. The Void: This was better than I expected. Extremely Lovecraft themes goin' on in this movie, and some really weird and cool monster designs. I'm glad that the people I was rooting for survived, and I liked the ending. One of the primary villains reminded me very much of a character that you'd find in Hellraiser. The movie didn't take very long to get started and it stayed pretty engaging once it did. I was rooting for some of the monsters that showed up in the last half of the movie. You can make it, monster dudes.

I've fallen behind thanks to various life things but hopefully I can find time to catch up before the month is through.

Movies Watched So Far
1. Pandorum
2. The Creature from the Black Lagoon
3. The Void

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Dr.Caligari posted:

Dead Calm

I never heard of this movie and wish I never had, seriously gently caress this movie. It's really dark and I'm having trouble thinking of another movie that so seamlessly starts building tension that turns into frustration. The characters make the stupidest, non-sensical decisions and the scenarios are absurd.. the ending had me literally saying 'gently caress you' at the tv.

The beginning also seems pointless in retrospect, unless they just had to figure out a way to cram in a child's death to go with the dog killing and rape . Ugh

This movie got a LOT of play on TV back in the day, and was shown completely uncut which was unusual for the time (the brief nudity was blurred out instead of having those seconds of film removed) so it had a reputation as a super serious intense suspense thriller film compared how WPIX or WOR (UPN now) would show it on the same day as like Superman IV or whatever. I think I was like eleven when I saw it. :wtc:

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

Gonna hop in on this. Setting the goal at 13 new movies, probably won't hit 31, but who knows!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
7. Tremors

Tremors is a 1990 horror/comedy that takes place in Nevada, about giant worms that live under the ground and hunt through seismic vibrations. Starting Kevin Bacon, Fred Ward and Michael Gross, Tremors is a cult classic and one of my favorite movies of all time.

Honestly, I think it's pretty much a perfect movie. It's tense when it needs to be, scary when it wants to be, the comedy never falls flat, and the effects are great. All of the actors play their parts perfectly (especially Michael Gross, who is a paranoid gun nut, coming right off of his role in Family Ties).

Seriously, if you've never seen Tremors, stop wasting your life and go watch it. It's got great quotes, great action, and Kevin Bacon.

5/5 Wrong Goddamned Rec Rooms Broken Into

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

25. The ABCs of Death 2 - Sadly missed half of the stream's first feature, but this was a pretty decent way to kick it off for me. I'd always assumed this series was garbage, but this one was actually a lot of fun! Standout favorite segments: D, K, O, P, Y. Honorable mentions: T, W, Z. Only a few total failures.

Maybe this anthology idea isn't so crazy.

• Locked thread