Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

CommissarMega posted:

Awww yeah, that's the Nazi gold I was looking for :allears:

Nazi tears are the only true treasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

CommissarMega posted:

(and I only use that nice latter phrase because I don't think, or don't want to think, anyone really gave any thought to what 'getting rid of undesirables' actually meant).

They knew fully well what it meant and more than half the population knew about the extermination camps as well. A popular and widespread phrase to hurl at uppity Jews at the time was, "Take care, otherwise you'll go up the chimney."

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dem nazi snowflake tears.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Dem nazi snowflake tears.

you laugh but you have not yet figured out the GREAT LIE

https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/915937811420844033

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
Welp. The marketing worked on me. I've been vaguely wanting to try the last Wolfenstein game but hadn't bothered.

But if real life Nazis hate it, I'm gonna love it.

Weekend plans: Drink beer. Shoot Nazis. :cool:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sloober posted:

you laugh but you have not yet figured out the GREAT LIE

https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/915937811420844033

What

No it isn't

Go back to jail Dinesh

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
known felon, dinesh d'souza makes a tweet

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
I just really like that dinesh tweet, b/c it's so cool in how loving stupid it is and how many people say YES UR RIGHT

But also

people believe it :(

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
your idea of socializing with nazis is to greet them with bullets

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Lastgirl posted:

that's no fair. I just want to give them a hug. With my knife. In the ribs.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sloober posted:

I just really like that dinesh tweet, b/c it's so cool in how loving stupid it is and how many people say YES UR RIGHT

But also

people believe it :(

oh we weren't criticizing you bud

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

http://www.newsweek.com/nazi-video-game-wolfenstein-angers-nazis-make-america-nazi-free-again-slogan-679530

:qq: :godwin:

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

This is the smartest thing the marketing team could have done. Now you have actual news orgs talking about your video game.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SplitSoul posted:

They knew fully well what it meant and more than half the population knew about the extermination camps as well. A popular and widespread phrase to hurl at uppity Jews at the time was, "Take care, otherwise you'll go up the chimney."
Yeah, a lot of work was done in the post-war years to paper over the complicity of the German people in Nazi crimes, because everyone needed to band together against the Soviet/capitalist menace. It's the same reason the "Clean Wehrmacht" myth has been so prevalent, when it's laughably untrue. Should be said that Germany isn't alone in this post-war rewriting of history; the idea of "The Resistance" being representative of the people in general was also something that was just decided on post-war. In some cases, the majority even went so far as to claim that the actual resisters had been cooperators, otherwise how could they have done what no one else had been able to? A transparent attempt to obscure the fact that they failed to resist where others did not.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Yes, YESSSSSSSS, the Nazi tears nourish and sustain me

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

cool. i cant wait for the alt right to go nuclear over this. well even more.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

Lastgirl posted:

I'll just repost this

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I forgot about this game somehow, holy poo poo take all my money :homebrew:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I was somewhat on the fence on if I should get it (lots of other games coming out), but now I'm prioritizing this and getting the other Wolf games.

They know how to make an ad that loving sells!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Welp. The marketing worked on me. I've been vaguely wanting to try the last Wolfenstein game but hadn't bothered.

Dude (or missus) you are in for a wild ride that has no business being as touching as it ends up being. Blazko is a warrior poet who tears through Nazis with zero remorse :black101:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

TopHatGenius posted:

I was somewhat on the fence on if I should get it (lots of other games coming out), but now I'm prioritizing this and getting the other Wolf games.

They know how to make an ad that loving sells!

Yeah, there were a few games on my consideration list for this month but Wolf2 jumped to the top after their ad campaign and all the crybaby reactions to it.

That and I really liked the previous game, and this one looks even better.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

so the most recent Wolfenstein game is really good. But it is very much an older philosophy of FPS. There are health pickups and you don't regenerate to full health, just up to like the nearest 25 or something. If you keep that in mind, you'll enjoy it.

the game is sick

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The only frustrating part of The New Order is having to manually pick up every piece of ammo, health, and armor that ends up on the floor. The sequel is changing that at least.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Kibayasu posted:

The only frustrating part of The New Order is having to manually pick up every piece of ammo, health, and armor that ends up on the floor. The sequel is changing that at least.

Oh they are? That's a smart move.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I don't mind having to pick up armor and like how it added to the franticness of a gunfight but picking up clips one at a time is a line too far

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I was thinking of waiting till the Steam sale to pick this up but gently caress it, this looks awesome, killing Nazis is Cool and Good.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

What happens if I don't have a previous game save on-hand?

My PS4 hard drive had to be reformatted (long and boring story) and I forgot to upload to the cloud, so I don't have a Wolfenstein save ready to go.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Not sure what I think of this game going all leftbook about Nazis. Kinda tacky.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Narcissus1916 posted:

What happens if I don't have a previous game save on-hand?

My PS4 hard drive had to be reformatted (long and boring story) and I forgot to upload to the cloud, so I don't have a Wolfenstein save ready to go.

I think you just tell the game which choice you made at the beginning and it is used.

echronorian posted:

killing nazis, in my Wolfenstein?! well I never!

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

echronorian posted:

what's tacky about thinking nazis are the scum of the earth

psychoJ fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 7, 2017

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

echronorian posted:

They started off with fairly normal advertising, but alt-right weirdos kept spamming the videos with "uhh you ever think maybe nazis good?" type stuff, so I think they just decided gently caress it and ran with it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

echronorian posted:

We found 'im guys, we found the Nazi.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

echronorian posted:

It is a game about killing Nazis, in a series that has been wholly about killing Nazis for like twenty loving years.

How are morons having conniptions about the poor misunderstood Nazis now?

Like being anti-Nazi isn't a 'leftbook' thing, it has been the goddamn baseline in the world for seventy years. Nazis are bad hth.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Zore posted:

How are morons having conniptions about the poor misunderstood Nazis now?

The internet was a mistake; though I'm really not sure if people were always this stupid and it's just really obvious now or if something happened along the way.

Really all that matters is

We'll remind Hitler of this when BJ balls up the stars and stripes and jams it down his throat.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

echronorian posted:

Sometimes people need a reminder that Nazis belong on the business end of the gun.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Psychotic Weasel posted:

The internet was a mistake; though I'm really not sure if people were always this stupid and it's just really obvious now or if something happened along the way.

Really all that matters is

We'll remind Hitler of this when BJ balls up the stars and stripes and jams it down his throat.

speaking of deepthroating hitler with old glory. he is actualy mentioned in this. watching the various videos. news paper articles and characters refer directly about him. so that early leak from anyas actress might be true.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I mean, this is Alternate History Nazi Sci-fi where there was an underground Jewish Atlantis full of ancient technology, but didn't Hitler die in Wolf3D?

But again, alternate history and sci-fi and zombies so there's probably like a Zombie Hitler Roboclone or some poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

I mean, this is Alternate History Nazi Sci-fi where there was an underground Jewish Atlantis full of ancient technology, but didn't Hitler die in Wolf3D?

But again, alternate history and sci-fi and zombies so there's probably like a Zombie Hitler Roboclone or some poo poo.

in this return and 2009 wolfenstein are canon, not the older ones.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the entire fps genre (wolfenstein, call of duty, medal of honor) built it's foundation on the idea that shooting Nazis is fun and morally the equivalent of eating toast in the morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Honestly you shouldn't get too worked up on the canon of Wolfenstein. The wolf 3d games are referenced in the new ones, and if we take wolf 09 as canon with New Order onwards, then wolf 3d did happen because 09 references spear of destiny.