Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
That Murky skin is going to haunt my dreams forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I think it is OK for blizzard to release skins that aren't super modded/detailed if it'll be like a 100 shard craft that you toss on a hero just for the season.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
If people get to open dozens of silly rear end hat skins in their rare slot for each event now we are going to have a very good time.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Polio Vax Scene posted:

I think it is OK for blizzard to release skins that aren't super modded/detailed if it'll be like a 100 shard craft that you toss on a hero just for the season.

What are the odds they'll have the 50% "new skin" mark up and disappear after the event? I'm guessing somewhere north of 99%.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hello friends i have been playing this game quite a bit recently in anticipation of my one true love junkrat and he's almost here i'm very excited

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Wonder if Skeleton Abathur will come back or if he's just gone forever.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

We are all excited that after three years and 70 characters blizz was finally ready to add the first handsome guy to the nexus.

My favorite part is the critter on his back on the fallen skins.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 6, 2017

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

No Wave posted:

We are all excited that after three years and 70 characters blizz is finally adding the first handsome guy to the nexus.

wow don't throw shade at stukov like that, he is a very handsome boy

but also yes you are very right

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

thebardyspoon posted:

Wonder if Skeleton Abathur will come back or if he's just gone forever.

They showed Scarecrow Xul (with new tints) during the video, I would be surprised if the other old halloween skins aren't also back.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
Finally we get a Cho'gall skin and for some reason I can't even be mad at THAT thing :regd09:

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

They showed Scarecrow Xul (with new tints) during the video, I would be surprised if the other old halloween skins aren't also back.

They also showed a Skeleton Abathur spray so I would say he's guaranteed to be back.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

finally a RIP spray! now if only there was a way to make it spray on your death

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Power Bottom posted:

I'm sorry, "safest". You're still wrong.

Nah. :shrug:
You're right about Tassadar though, keep forgetting he's a right click hero now.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Paper Bag Gazlowe is kind of low effort, but it's also the first Gazlowe skin that doesn't suck.
Same for Chromie with a skeleton hat.

I guess this game needed hats all along?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Zwiebel posted:

Paper Bag Gazlowe is kind of low effort, but it's also the first Gazlowe skin that doesn't suck.

Terrifying giant clown Gazlowe with confetti poppers and little hats for his turrets disagrees with you.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Zwiebel posted:

I guess this game needed hats all along?

I look forward to Heroes 3.0 where the skins get chopped up into their individual components and you can mix and match poo poo. It's probably the only thing that I like about Dota 2.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Zwiebel posted:

mad martian owns

also i hope jason style stitches is back and a reasonable shard cost

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Kitfox88 posted:

also i hope jason style stitches is back and a reasonable shard cost

The default version (blue overalls) was available for purchase earlier this week for 400 shards. I don't know if it is still up, some of the old Hallow's End items were available early, that probably wasn't intended.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Man it took them long enough to make a new Greymane, I've always been surprised at that, he's pretty consistently been strong as hell and picked often but he just didn't have the titty I guess.

Some of the others are nice too but those mounts are great. :allears:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

He's bad value. You have to make 2 skins. Technically true of D. Va but D Va mech is probably pretty easy.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

No Wave posted:

He's bad value. You have to make 2 skins. Technically true of D. Va but D Va mech is probably pretty easy.

D.Va is also infinitely more popular, especially with the pedophile and weeaboo demographics who throw money at skins like crazy.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Toshimo posted:

pedophile demographics

i'm sorry what

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Nazeebo is a 55% win rate now and an insane pick rate (38%). It's mostly because of the massively overbuffed toad build. I smell nerf soon.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Power Bottom posted:

i'm sorry what

you basically have to be a pedophile to want to buy a skin for d.va. it's the only feasible way

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Power Bottom posted:

i'm sorry what

It's pronounced rɛdɪt.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Minorkos posted:

you basically have to be a pedophile to want to buy a skin for d.va. it's the only feasible way

on one hand i know you're bullshitting but on the other i'm familiar enough the internet to know that there are people who actively believe something like that

what i don't loving understand is where that viewpoint even came from, like

is that a common thing in overwatch? "people who like dva are pedophiles"?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Mierenneuker posted:

The default version (blue overalls) was available for purchase earlier this week for 400 shards. I don't know if it is still up, some of the old Hallow's End items were available early, that probably wasn't intended.

Yeah I checked after the post in the thread about it but it was already taken down.

edit: i think you'll find it's ephebophile and furthermore :words: :yikes:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'm not even sure where the weeaboo thing comes from since Overwatch has both a cyborg ninja and a literal magic samurai Archer character, but clearly the character that's a middle-aged game developer's idea of what a pro MLG superstar is must be the weeb bait, sure.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I still use bikini stitches because the plastic beach toy sound accurately reflects his AA damage.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Power Bottom posted:

on one hand i know you're bullshitting but on the other i'm familiar enough the internet to know that there are people who actively believe something like that

what i don't loving understand is where that viewpoint even came from, like

is that a common thing in overwatch? "people who like dva are pedophiles"?

i dunno man, what else would you call a bunch of dudes who want to gently caress a 17 yo korean chick?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

she's 19

Buncha pedos

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

appropriatemetaphor posted:

i dunno man, what else would you call a bunch of dudes who want to gently caress a 17 yo korean chick?

Full disclosure: I do not own or play Overwatch and know very little about its community. However, a cursory google search shows up multiple sources that list her age as 19, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Are there multiple D.vas or something?

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

next you'll shame me for appreciating tychus' massive sweaty pecs and irresistible speaking voice

edit: afaik d.va was originally supposed to be 17 years old in the lore and then a wise, savvy internet-goer at blizzard realized what would happen the instant they released an image of her and made her 19 instead

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Minorkos posted:

next you'll shame me for appreciating tychus' massive sweaty pecs and irresistible speaking voice

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Look, I just wanna gently caress the mech.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kai Tave posted:

Look, I just wanna gently caress the mech.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

the yellow dart posted:

I got probably my favorite HOTS moment of all time when as Azmodan by Orb of Destruction didn't quite finish off Baby D.Va...but the demon warrior that spawned from it hacked her to death while she got bodyblocked. It was beautiful.

One time in QM I got the perfect the perfect alley-oop. I was Azmo, and had an Abby vs. Abby match. I Dunked their Abby for 80% of it's life and spawned the demon warrior, and then our Abby hatted it and finished the enemy Abby off. We then laughed about it in chat and no one else had any idea what had happened.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Toshimo posted:

D.Va is also infinitely more popular, especially with the pedophile and weeaboo demographics who throw money at skins like crazy.

I don't care what people jerk it to, I just don't understand why anyone spends money on this game, I think I bought like one skin in the old pre-chest days and I'm not even sure why I did that. This game literally throws loot at you non-stop and then you get shards to buy other loot you didn't get from your mountains of loot chests. I can't imagine ever needing to buy anything with money. I think I have like 40 mounts that I probably won't ever equip.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Perhaps it's just me, but Blizzard should put somewhere more prominently that spells do double damage to buildings in this brawl. Sooooo many bad Chromie and Medivh picks. Jaina or Li-Ming can take down a tower before the minion wave even gets to the middle to start a game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

bio347 posted:

Perhaps it's just me, but Blizzard should put somewhere more prominently that spells do double damage to buildings in this brawl. Sooooo many bad Chromie and Medivh picks. Jaina or Li-Ming can take down a tower before the minion wave even gets to the middle to start a game!
I was wondering why Archon mode burned down the core in 15 seconds. Smart move on their part, the game never would have ended otherwise.