Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Man with Hat posted:

Well, yeah, but I thought Cannoneer was more piraty than sniper and archaeologist did not sound very cool and piraty at all.

The correct piratey, or at least old-timey, term is clearly "naturalist".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

carrot is also funny and cool with an interesting story. deffo the best part of an already good arc

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Carrot should get the snow snow fruit.

1. Snow bunny
2. Logia on the crew to represent all DF types

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
If you didn't instantly fall in love with Carrot when she displayed her bishi drawing of Luffy and co. then there's just no hope for you.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Ryaomon posted:

nobody is eating a devil fruit and especially not the paw paw fruit jfc whats wrong with you people

The more this fight goes on and the more we see from Katakrui the more out of place he looks, not just among his family and location but in a general artistic aesthetic sense as well. He's basically Luffy as written and drawn by someone who idolizes Tetsuya Nomura.

Dude is made out of mochi and fights using jellybean bullets, what more do you want.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Zoan fruit question: I know we've seen snake Zoans, but has there been any insect Zoans shown? Like in filler arcs/movies?

Just saying that big-rear end giant spider Zoan would be rad.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

there was a maybe spider zoan marine + two of the dwarves have a beetle and bee fruit

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Vice Admiral Onigumo.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's unclear if Onigumo is a spider zoan or if he has a hair manipulation fruit

I know this because I used the loophole in a One Piece tabletop game to have the main villain be a Marine with a spider zoan

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It's not like you couldn't have used that idea even if he was a spider zoan, because there's lots of different species of spider you could have used instead of just a generic spider zoan.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blockhouse posted:

It's unclear if Onigumo is a spider zoan or if he has a hair manipulation fruit

I know this because I used the loophole in a One Piece tabletop game to have the main villain be a Marine with a spider zoan

Never fully stated but he looks awfully spiderlike when confronting Oars Jr.

Also 2 midgets were Insect Zoans.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Man with Hat posted:

Jinbe being the helmsman makes a ton of sense and got me thinking about something. Everyone in the crew has a role/title or whatever.

Luffy - Captain
Zoro - First Mate (i.e.Captain 2, or fighter 2)
Nami - Navigator
Usopp - Cannoneer or whatever
Sanji - Cook
Chopper - Doctor
Robin - Reader of Poneglyphs essential for the crew (I guess this one is a bit far fetched but whatever)
Franky - Shipwright
Brooke - Musician
Jinbe - Helmsman

Everyone who's so sure Carrot, Vivi and/or Sugar are going to join the crew (I think none of them, personally) what would their roles be?

Edit: RC Cola here: https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/one-piece-2/en/0/881/page/1

I see Vivi's role as the diplomat. She was the one who smoothed things over between Luffy and the militia when they first arrived on Drum, remember. Though that might be redundant with Jimbei around (he was the one who set up the meeting with Bege, after all, and he's very level-headed).

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

vivi is not joining the crew

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Because she's already a member! Glad to see you're finally talking sense here.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Man with Hat posted:

Everyone who's so sure Carrot, Vivi and/or Sugar are going to join the crew (I think none of them, personally) what would their roles be?

Nakama

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
in a secret twist choppers gf will join the crew

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Obviously Robin's an archaeologist and that's her main thing but I see her, despite no evidence that she's recording any of this, as the ship historian. Like, say, if someone's telling the story of the ship 30 years down the line it's her.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

oddium posted:

vivi is not joining the crew

She's technically already a member, she just needs an excuse to come back (like say, something catastrophic happening in Alabasta).

Even if she doesn't end up permanently jumping on board, teaming up again temporarily with the Straw Hats isn't out of the realm of possibility at some point.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Obviously Robin's an archaeologist and that's her main thing but I see her, despite no evidence that she's recording any of this, as the ship historian. Like, say, if someone's telling the story of the ship 30 years down the line it's her.

She will write it and Brook will perform it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

[bravely, wokely] vivi is not a member of the crew

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

haha i got the yonta maria/santa maria pun but i didn't catch that orlumbus/columbus is "big lumbus/small lumbus"

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

oddium posted:

[bravely, wokely] vivi is not a member of the crew

Vivi is crew number 5.5, her color is white (gold), her animal would be a dove/pigeon, her blood type is F, her favorite foods are curry and pudding, and her least favorite food is dried shredded squid.

Carue can be 5.9.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I miss Carue. :( He's a good duck.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Carue is better than ViVi as he can be used to fish

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
but seriously lets never talk about them again like oda has chosen to do

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
They were all good ducks, Doctor.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

oddium posted:

haha i got the yonta maria/santa maria pun but i didn't catch that orlumbus/columbus is "big lumbus/small lumbus"

Holy poo poo, that rules and doubles the initial pun. ODA DOES IT AGAIN

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I hope Oda doesn't get into a near fatal situation and then have his life outlook change so he does things like self insert himself into his manga and have his characters know they are in a comic.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Lpzie posted:

I hope Oda doesn't get into a near fatal situation and then have his life outlook change so he does things like self insert himself into his manga and have his characters know they are in a comic.

Luffy made a Warp Zone reference like five years ago, that ship sailed a while ago.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wait, why doesnt luffy just eat him

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

mabels big day posted:

Wait, why doesnt luffy just eat him
A. Doesn't wanna die of a devil fruit mochi overload
B. cannibalism is against a seaman's code
C. He wants MEAT, dammit

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
https://imgur.com/a/hOm60

Anyone post this in here yet

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Shugojin posted:

what is that face

what is it

what does it mean

I actually thought katakuri had either hijacked or put in place some mochi mouth on Luffy to get him to say something misleading through the mirror. Those eyelashes threw me off.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Whenever I think of Luffy's face in the latest chapter, I think of this:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

thinking back, i'm kinda loling that some of you thought Jinbei wasn't a good enough character to be a SH. Oda could introduce a 2x4 piece of wood and have you crying about it in a single chapter. just lol.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Brett824 posted:

https://imgur.com/a/hOm60

Anyone post this in here yet

Nice cuphead ref

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Lpzie posted:

The man in black fled across the sea, and the Gumslinger followed.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The Luffyface reminded me of this.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

That is the ugliest art style I have ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Darth Walrus posted:

The Luffyface reminded me of this.

The only good part about this thing is how Lucky Roo looks basically normal.

and the duck king in the backgrounds alright