Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net
Oh no... Mr. Metokur's TGWTG series has gotten to Lindsay Nostalgia Woman and Todd*, the only two reviewers from his site that I actually like and still follow... time to find out how angry he's going to make me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fytwnY4YHA0

*Despite him making GBS threads on Wall of Voodoo's Mexican Radio.

Edit: Pretty much "wah wah, SJW tweets, wah wah"

fallenturtle fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Did my part and reported them for being a lovely nazi ~alt-righter~ and general harassment provoking turd.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

OwlFancier posted:

Nazis aren't bright. They always think it'll happen to other people. And frankly they're partially right given that a lot of the modern authoritarian white supremacism is tied up in wealth privilege as well. He would probably see employment as the useful idiot.

Nazis are still pretty desperate to find recruits. Hence why they've latched on to neckbeard the waifu pillow crowd. Those people either think this new frog-flavored version of nazism will accept them, or they'll have enough clout in the movement to avoid the knives.

So yeah, they're dumb as gently caress.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 6, 2017

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I do feel weird pontificating on the motivations of these guys though because I have to admit it's totally loving alien to me.

Like I can't imagine believing that I, in any given situation, would not probably be getting the poo poo end of the stick, and thus politically my goal is to make the lovely end as not lovely as possible.

Whereas all of this lot seem to operate on the principle of climbing over to the other end of the stick and beating someone with the lovely end which, I just can't begin to fathom how you think that's going to work for you. It's never going to happen. Your best practical outcome is that you get to hold the lovely end while someone else beats you and a bunch of other people with it and pretend like you've got any control over it.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 6, 2017

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

Nazis are still pretty desperate to find recruits. Hence why they've latched on to neckbeard waifu pillow crowd. Those people either think this new frog-flavored version of nazism will accept them, or they'll have enough clout in the movement to avoid the knives.

So yeah, there dumb as gently caress.

The best example of that is that video of that tweedy kid in his bike helmet and Kekistan flag cape getting physically dunked on by actual white supremacist who yell at him to get the gently caress outta here because he's making them look bad while he desperately tries to gather up his Pepe placards, literally crying "but these are good memes!"

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/916426658617454592

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

felat posted:

I've just finished the Buzzfeed piece on Milo and I'm even more confused now. He's a gay man married to a black guy that flirts openly with nazis. Before I told myself "he's in it for the money and attention", but it's pretty clear that he was super friendly with an all out nazi outside of his work-related stuff. I imagine him having a jolly email back and forth, talking about nazi poo poo with his nazi friend, while his black husband was sleeping next to him. The gently caress did he think was gonna happen if his friends ever truly got into power?
I could understand when I thought it was 100% about money, but now it seems he believed in it too.

probably money and "fame" and him being a opportunistic as gently caress. he probably does believe it to an extent but he also believes he is safe and can make money off the mercers and make money of his rube fanboys. i mean look how much money these assholes make just per video in some cases.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

fallenturtle posted:

Oh no... Mr. Metokur's TGWTG series has gotten to Lindsay Nostalgia Woman and Todd*, the only two reviewers from his site that I actually like and still follow... time to find out how angry he's going to make me.

so is this guy a psychotic ignorant backbiting piece of poo poo who hates people for no real reason and makes controversies out of nothing? because this is all I'm getting out of this video.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

so is this guy a psychotic ignorant backbiting piece of poo poo who hates people for no real reason and makes controversies out of nothing? because this is all I'm getting out of this video.

the only good one of the series he made was the spoony one, outside that its all that.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Whatever happened to him?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the only good one of the series he made was the spoony one, outside that its all that.

yeah i watched that and wwent oh this is good then i saw all his mra garbage in my sidebar.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

fallenturtle posted:

This guy was one of the king turds of gamergate, run off by the other ones for being too pathetic, then he rebranded into this. He's best left ignored.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Depression is a bitch man.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

BigRed0427 posted:

:smith: I was worried it was something like that. It's a shame cos he made some drat fun stuff.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

[quote="“OwlFancier”" post="“477131437”"]
:smith: I was worried it was something like that. It’s a shame cos he made some drat fun stuff.
[/quote]

Yeah, he has a serious untreated medical problem that will almost certainly kill him. He's bipolar, whatever else he might have with it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

TGWTG is not doing well in the sadbrains sweepstakes.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

[quote="“OwlFancier”" post="“477131564”"]
TGWTG is not doing well in the sadbrains sweepstakes.
[/quote]

It kind of seems like there's a strong correlation with mood disorders and being Extremely Online enough to make internet videos. This is true of the reactionary crowd too—they actually are much less healthy than people who have faced their problems and spoken about them openly.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Shock of all shocks, Depression is a lot more common than you think. Honestly, most of the people who were worth wild from Channel Awesome have either left and moved on or retired from making internet videos all together. I comes up every now and then but the Walkers are apparently totally clueless abut how to properly run an operation like theres.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

he kinda broke. girlfriend used him and threw him away and his mental problems got worse and worse and his patreon is in like double digits now(it used to be like in the high hundreds) he became a weird rear end in a top hat and starts fights on twitter all day.

BigRed0427 posted:

business hammocks posted:

Yeah, he has a serious untreated medical problem that will almost certainly kill him. He's bipolar, whatever else he might have with it.

these. it sucks he was one of my favorites. there are other funny/clever reviewer people still but no one from channel awesome(thats still there) is funny or clever outside brad jones

BigRed0427 posted:

Shock of all shocks, Depression is a lot more common than you think. Honestly, most of the people who were worth wild from Channel Awesome have either left and moved on or retired from making internet videos all together. I comes up every now and then but the Walkers are apparently totally clueless abut how to properly run an operation like theres.

doug will be there until he dies just to break even. RLM came and basically changed the guys talk about bad/good movies game so to speak. also linkara just sucks and isn't funny.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he kinda broke. girlfriend used him and threw him away and his mental problems got worse and worse and his patreon is in like double digits now(it used to be like in the high hundreds) he became a weird rear end in a top hat and starts fights on twitter all day.

Yeah I remember one of his midnight release review streams quickly descending into him getting extremely drunk and just sobbing about his girlfriend leaving and his life falling apart. It was one of those "am I enabling something by watching this channel" situations. :smith:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

there are other funny/clever reviewer people still but no one from channel awesome(thats still there) is funny or clever outside brad jones

I was about to disagree, but Brad's the one good dude who's still with them. He's just like that one chill guy who can be friends with everyone.

Is Kyle Kallgren still with Channel Awesome? I just follow his youtube. I haven't look at the CA site since Blip died.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

It's great that Andy Kaufman is still alive!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

I was about to disagree, but Brad's the one good dude who's still with them. He's just like that one chill guy who can be friends with everyone.

Is Kyle Kallgren still with Channel Awesome? I just follow his youtube. I haven't look at the CA site since Blip died.

Kyle is still around and making videos on youtube, but he left CA a long time ago.

Lupa (Now using her real name Allison and Movie Nights for her show title) Is good too. She was flat out fired by Rob Walker for going to the bathroom during a skype call or something.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Goon Danton posted:

Yeah I remember one of his midnight release review streams quickly descending into him getting extremely drunk and just sobbing about his girlfriend leaving and his life falling apart. It was one of those "am I enabling something by watching this channel" situations. :smith:

I remember that one too. Part of why I liked the guy honestly, a lot of his work was just him plus some good editing and scripted bits, just a genuinely charismatic person with a knack for funny.

Also why I liked Wrestle Wrestle.

Also yes Brad is a treasure. I really should buy some of his uncut DVDs for Christmas.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

spoony was at one point getting 5k per month on patreon to write his movie and then just didn't.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That sounds like depression yeah.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

Kyle is still around and making videos on youtube, but he left CA a long time ago.

Lupa (Now using her real name Allison and Movie Nights for her show title) Is good too. She was flat out fired by Rob Walker for going to the bathroom during a skype call or something.

thats what i mean, most of the good talent left or were fired or died. except brad.

Groovelord Neato posted:

spoony was at one point getting 5k per month on patreon to write his movie and then just didn't.

it sucks. his old stuff is still good. but he is gone now. he spends time writing depressing poo poo as his loving dog on twitter. or he does a stream and is either dead silent or legit SCREAMING in rage and banning people. his dedicated fan base is gone, his reddit has been replaced by gawkers and sad ex fans watching the train wreck.

Goon Danton posted:

yeah. it was one of the twilight reviews. its like 3 hours long and he just breaks 20 minutes while linkara and brad jones awkwardly try to console him.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 7, 2017

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UZqIIy7pAk

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

felat posted:

I've just finished the Buzzfeed piece on Milo and I'm even more confused now. He's a gay man married to a black guy that flirts openly with nazis. Before I told myself "he's in it for the money and attention", but it's pretty clear that he was super friendly with an all out nazi outside of his work-related stuff. I imagine him having a jolly email back and forth, talking about nazi poo poo with his nazi friend, while his black husband was sleeping next to him. The gently caress did he think was gonna happen if his friends ever truly got into power?
I could understand when I thought it was 100% about money, but now it seems he believed in it too.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

probably money and "fame" and him being a opportunistic as gently caress. he probably does believe it to an extent but he also believes he is safe and can make money off the mercers and make money of his rube fanboys. i mean look how much money these assholes make just per video in some cases.

Milo's main motivators are money and negative attention. How much of his act is real vs. calculated is almost irrelevant. He's willing to make racist/nazi statements, willing to devote his life to those causes, incite riots etc. so he's an awful and dangerous person either way.

Alaska is kind of the same way but swap money and negative attention. also alaska sucks at the making money part. He is 100% going to be a stand-up comedian or youtube sjw or some other useless poo poo in a few years.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

little munchkin posted:

Milo's main motivators are money and negative attention. How much of his act is real vs. calculated is almost irrelevant. He's willing to make racist/nazi statements, willing to devote his life to those causes, incite riots etc. so he's an awful and dangerous person either way.

Alaska is kind of the same way but swap money and negative attention. also alaska sucks at the making money part. He is 100% going to be a stand-up comedian or youtube sjw or some other useless poo poo in a few years.

Alaska's going to suicide on periscope.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Alaska's going to suicide on periscope.

He'll fake hang himself and have his buddy post a video insisting that Baked totally did it you guys, get those hearts rolling in fam.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

I could see him trying to suicide-by-cop and managing to just get arrested instead.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Maybe he'd actually get pepper-sprayed if he tried that.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUf_6lJrOlA

felat
Apr 27, 2008

little munchkin posted:

I totally get this and it was the extent of my opinion before the buzzfeed piece. What I can't quite grasp is why he was legit friends with a neo nazi outside of his "work", when no cameras were on him and those convos would never (lol) be made public. I can only assume that he drank too much of the kool aid, started truly believing in his vile poo poo, then went home to his black husband and... turned his brain off or something.

I also recognize there is no functional difference between saying all this poo poo and actually believing all of it; a nazi is a nazi is a nazi. I just didn't think he actually believed it.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

That Fantano guy put up a 20 minute response to that article that was posted the other day. Anyone seen it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UZqIIy7pAk

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

This guy was one of the king turds of gamergate, run off by the other ones for being too pathetic, then he rebranded into this. He's best left ignored.

Comforting that I. Don't really need to. Listen. To him, because his. Delivery. Leaves a lot. To be desired.

Seriously I was down for listening to this guy after hearing his in-depth stuff about Spoony and then his other poo poo all just feels like he's trying to avoid mentioning the war.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I found a real gem, folks:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBDrbqudUtPUQxAK_K2JaNQ

Fire up the incognito tabs, because this is a pile of crazy you don't want polluting your no doubt already hosed up suggestions

Oddly enough a video from this loving nutter of a channel popped up in suggestions following a Cracked video about antifa. Apparently antifascists are planning a civil war on November 4th...or something

Good job, algorithm. Good job :thumbsup:

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Groovelord Neato posted:

[incredibly darth vader at the end of episode iii voice] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

gently caress me.

Midig fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Oct 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

zxqv8 posted:

Apparently antifascists are planning a civil war on November 4th...or something

It's the 100th anniversary of the Bolshie revolution on Nov 4th.
Alex Jones has been mentioning it, so all fucknuts have started to believe and repeat it.

And on the 5th it will be forgotten like Jade Helm Texas Walmart death camps.

• Locked thread