Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Yeah but new different weapons or just more crucible stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

mikeraskol posted:

Really can't disagree with this enough. If I'm losing and try to disengage they push me, especially if I'm not protected by my team. Higher recovery could absolutely turn it there.

:gitgud:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

FishBulb posted:

Yeah but new different weapons or just more crucible stuff?

Hasn't IB items always been unique in their designs though?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

cvnvcnv posted:

Hunter runs 5-7-3 for pve and 4-10-0 for pvp.

I stick to range and religiously disengage if I'm losing or low health so I don't really feel like recovery would serve me much in Crucible, especially given the other ways it would change my build, the way armor stats work.

Have you tried your pve stats in pvp? I would flip your loadouts, but we all play differently.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
[quote="“Zedsdeadbaby”" post="“477122570”"]
Hasn’t IB items always been unique in their designs though?
[/quote]

Yeah but them not previewing any of them yesterday makes me suspicious

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

There better be a new Kick-rear end sword

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

or you could take a roughly equivalent amount of time to do two public events and probably get actual rewards and accomplish the same thing but feel free to continue being a raging rear end in a top hat about your mostly indefensible position

LMAO no

e: also you are calling people out for being an rear end in a top hat about this but you could just go on ignoring that patrols exist and no one will care

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

el B posted:

Have you tried your pve stats in pvp? I would flip your loadouts, but we all play differently.

I haven't, actually, but you're really good so I'm thinking I'll test drive it this weekend, see what pans out.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Man I cannot get my hunter's recovery higher than like 5. I can max mobility easily, and I can ALMOST full-stack Resilience, but I cannot get anywhere close to top tier recovery, even using Yung Ahamkara. I don't think there's any armor sets that have NO Mobility.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Waffle House posted:

Man I cannot get my hunter's recovery higher than like 5. I can max mobility easily, and I can ALMOST full-stack Resilience, but I cannot get anywhere close to top tier recovery, even using Yung Ahamkara. I don't think there's any armor sets that have NO Mobility.

It's the price we pay for Foetracer and Knucklehead Radar.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Norns posted:

There better be a new Kick-rear end sword

There probably is a kickass sword but weapon drops will be a subset of the full IB set, that's how it's always worked. Maybe the engrams you get from tokens or challenges will have different rules than matches.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
There are not hunter armor sets with no mobility. All hunter armor has at least 1 so the lowest theoretical mobility Stat is going to be 4. I would use grenade CD mods and resilience mods where you can and I run like x/6/2-3 or something.

Beyond 6 is a waste due to diminishing returns on stats. I think it's like 3:1 up to 6 then 1:1 after.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
They have literally never not highlighted the weapons for sale/rewarded during IB so if they actually have something in the pipeline I will be impressed.

Seems insane to not at least preview them. Get everyone moist and horned for new stuff.

I'd be willing to guess there's just powerful rewards of crucible weapons.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
pre-release we saw weapons with IB iconography on them, though

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010

JackDarko posted:

Yeah, that's a good list. Did the raid last night we only got to the gauntlet. Only two of us had experience doing the raid and only one guy knew the gauntlet. It was a lot of fun, and frustrating of course.

Was that the one where we did the dogs right away, but ended up spending two hours playing Ninja Warritard?

I was retro, aka swordbot

BR0ME0 fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 6, 2017

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Guardian Ninja Warrior is getting into the underbelly, the gauntlet is Most Extreme Guardian Challenge

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

pre-release we saw weapons with IB iconography on them, though

I don't remember this so I'd love to see it

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'll dig up some screens, but it was some degenerate clickbait-mill destiny youtuber so i don't blame you for missing it

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvNkx831Rzc&t=122s

grenade launcher and suros machine pistol

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

haveblue posted:

Guardian Ninja Warrior is getting into the underbelly, the gauntlet is Most Extreme Guardian Challenge

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

IB will drop the idiot dragon, a high ROF pulse that shoots bullets perpendicular to the barrel. BUT! It has the non-nerfed HCR perk on it.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

xzzy posted:

IB will drop the idiot dragon, a high ROF pulse that shoots bullets perpendicular to the barrel. BUT! It has the non-nerfed HCR perk on it.

felwinter's fakenews, a shotgun with so low of range that it shoots backwards, but has OG shotpackage

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Do it ironically posted:

nothing makes me happier than shut in sperglords who can't poopsock this game literally crying about it every day while still trying to poopsock it, feels good because they are catering to people like me who have limited hours and online friends and I'm loving it, the game and the tears that is

Late but yes, basically this.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Where do you get the phosphorus subbie?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Gunsmith

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

cvnvcnv posted:

Hunter runs 5-7-3 for pve and 4-10-0 for pvp.

I stick to range and religiously disengage if I'm losing or low health so I don't really feel like recovery would serve me much in Crucible, especially given the other ways it would change my build, the way armor stats work.

I'm not sure how you can look at this and think, "Yeah I'll take the one below 1 for PVP". :shrug:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Trials of the Nine(ty minutes to do 3 matches lmao)

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Wazzit posted:

I'm not sure how you can look at this and think, "Yeah I'll take the one below 1 for PVP". :shrug:

Oh no, I took out two dudes and survived but I have to stay out of the line of fire for less than the duration of a fart more than I might otherwise!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

Oh no, I took out two dudes and survived but I have to stay out of the line of fire for less than the duration of a fart more than I might otherwise!

The difference between 10 and 0 is about 4 seconds. Between 10 and 5 is about 2.5 seconds, so it's a more or less linear scale.

That's not nothing, unless you got enemies politely not hunting you down after an exchange.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Does anyone have any good destiny2 pvp montages of teamshooting the hell out of scrubs with Midas or even better ducking behind the corner just in time to force the other guy to reload his Uriel's while you still have bullets in yours? Could also use some 3-shot melees while invis.

I'm putting together an exciting pitch reel for potential televised or streamed D2 matches

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Does anyone have any good destiny2 pvp montages of teamshooting the hell out of scrubs with Midas or even better ducking behind the corner just in time to force the other guy to reload his Uriel's while you still have bullets in yours? Could also use some 3-shot melees while invis.

I'm putting together an exciting pitch reel for potential televised or streamed D2 matches

I should make a montage of me killing stupid pubbies who don't pay attention to Foetracer.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

cvnvcnv posted:

I'm staring at the Recovery 1 row and imagining the duration of that fart.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hehe farts

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

The difference between 10 and 0 is about 4 seconds. Between 10 and 5 is about 2.5 seconds, so it's a more or less linear scale.

That's not nothing, unless you got enemies politely not hunting you down after an exchange.

I stick to range and run away, reposition, reapproach. Cowardly way to play to some, perhaps, Idgaf. I get chased down a lot but it very seldom works out well for them, I always lead them right to my teammates or by the time they can do anything, I'm positioned and healed, ready for them to turn a corner. Lone Wolf a lot, I do my own thing and flank or bully the dudes on opposing teams trying to do the same, or I hang back and to the side of my teammates, aid in their aggressive approach while healing and keeping alive.

It's playstyle, ultimately. Fight Forever emblem has my efficiency at 2.7x so I'm not a complete slouch, I just like to have more room to take abuse than I do to get over it.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

First montage I made of my destiny 2 feats: https://youtu.be/Ncci_tatNMc

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Is there any Hunter gear that can have 3 points of Recovery? Running around like a crack addict is fun and all, but 1-3 points of Recovery isn't cutting it for me.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Bring back ammo packs Bungie!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Trials of the Nine(ty minutes to do 3 matches lmao)

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xzzy posted:

But what about friendship? Will IB provide me with the most important endgame reward?

Friendship ended with eris now saladin is my best friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Mill Village posted:

Is there any Hunter gear that can have 3 points of Recovery? Running around like a crack addict is fun and all, but 1-3 points of Recovery isn't cutting it for me.

Most definitely. My current build has 5 recovery, I think? I'm running all Trials armor + Stompees, but with a combo of raid and random engram drops I was shifting between 4-8 recovery.