Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
tony fantasmo looks like a 40 something dad of three carefully scrutinizing a book called "grow the perfect sex offender 'tache in just 4 weeks" and gazing into a mirror mournfully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

BexGu posted:

Two woke enter one woke leaves!

WOKEDOME! WOKEDOME!

(grim voice over somber 1930s lounge jazz) woke... never changes...

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jose Mengelez posted:

tony fantasmo looks like a 40 something dad of three carefully scrutinizing a book called "grow the perfect sex offender 'tache in just 4 weeks" and gazing into a mirror mournfully

lol

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
abobo fairground looks like the bastard offspring of millennial angst personified and a plastic tub of expired potato salad... but somehow even more retarder

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Jose Mengelez posted:

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
anpho phantasm looks like a homophobic cartoonist's caricature of a beaver

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
anthony fantano looks like a sex tourist getting arrested in uganda for nutting inside a shaved chimp that somebody left nailed to a table.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
anthony fantano looks like the wellspring of all human suffering, like the screaming abyss of despair, like a old floridian dude's overeager golf caddy who never breaks eye contact when using the ballwasher waaaay to slowly for comfort.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Windows 98 posted:

I have no loving idea who this is and I constantly am using YouTube to find music. So maybe he isn't as popular as you'd assume.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean, if YT hasn't replaces your itunes idk what to even say to you

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Listening to someone review music seems like one of the most superfluous jobs there is.

BexGu posted:

Two woke enter one woke leaves!

WOKEDOME! WOKEDOME!
Haha

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Oct 7, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Koldenblue posted:

I don't really understand how music reviews are a popular thing. In this golden age of the internet, it's so easy to discover music and listen to it for free. So why would you go to music reviews? And even for pop artists who have all their poo poo locked down, it's easy to find streaming songs or some other cheap/free way of listening to music. Why wouldn't you just listen to the music and decide for yourself whether you like it or not?

I suppose it could be useful for discovering new bands... but still, streaming services that actually play the music seem like they would be far more helpful than listening to some guy talk about music. Or maybe people don't actually want to listen to music, they just want to hear someone talk about it so they can be "in the know"? Idgi.

Disclaimer: I have maybe watched only one or two of this guys videos, some years ago
of course the concept of music reviews is outdated. that's why Pitchfork made the pivot to peddling tepid culturally liberal social criticism in their reviews instead of merely reviewing an album with 20 layers of pretentiousness. ditto sites that do TV reviews, movie reviews, video game reviews, etc.

the internet has made word of mouth far more powerful than before and writing a few paragraphs won't do it anymore

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only review i watch is mike and jay and thats because i jo thinking about them loving each other on top of a pile of vcrs badly in need of repair

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Melon knows that people go to YouTube looking for MUSIC and that if his obnoxiously grinning mug also pops up on the search results it's pure profit; respect the player

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont respec nazis sorry

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I used to always joke that he looks like a school shooter but if it turns out he's alt right I guess that won't be okay anymore because :qq:You're Just Saying That Because He Voted For Trump:qq:

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

get that OUT of my face posted:

of course the concept of music reviews is outdated. that's why Pitchfork made the pivot to peddling tepid culturally liberal social criticism in their reviews instead of merely reviewing an album with 20 layers of pretentiousness. ditto sites that do TV reviews, movie reviews, video game reviews, etc.

the internet has made word of mouth far more powerful than before and writing a few paragraphs won't do it anymore

That's kind of why I think he tried to branch out from his music reviews with being more of a goofy YouTube personality and also doing more music related think pieces on separate channels. YouTube was loving him over with his third channel when it came out, I think because they thought his rapid influx of followers was flagged as spam/robot followers or some poo poo. And now this with his second channel.

Sadly I think he was just trying to be himself and do what he finds funny and it blew up in his face.

Also he just made a response video

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Secular Humanist posted:

oh man there's a guy and oh man he's not a big progressive pussy poo poo eating rear end in a top hat narcissist psychopath oh man im gonna go ahead and read his mind and tell you his true intentions please just disregard his actual words thanks

racism is bad btw, and columbus?? murder person

*kicks legs up on desk; basks in self goodness*

hahahahaha dawg you keep doing you.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I admire that you all go to bat for each other lol.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

why can't pop culture reviewers try and stand out by not shoehorning in politics? saying something like "this latest kanye album is misogynstic" or "there's too much jewish influence in curb your enthusiasm" isn't shocking or thought provoking, it's boring and everyone's doing it. try something else

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene
I like The Needle Drop even more now. :smugdog:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I admire that you all go to bat for each other lol.

It's a quality lol for me

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

why can't pop culture reviewers try and stand out by not shoehorning in politics? saying something like "this latest kanye album is misogynstic" or "there's too much jewish influence in curb your enthusiasm" isn't shocking or thought provoking, it's boring and everyone's doing it. try something else

Because it makes for easy writing and it's in now so it'll generate clicks

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

from what I've seen he is incredibly unentertaining

he did an interview with danny brown and it wasn't even that good.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
i'm glad everyone on the internet taking part in 'memes' is an alt righter

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Possession or circulation of memes should at least be some sort of misdemeanor

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

All art is inherently political, I guess that's part of it. Reviewing is passing judgement on something, and part of that is considering its value as a part of our culture. And that's not even getting in to the art that is overtly political, like albums made by Kanye "George Bush doesn't care about black people" West.

Basically, it's really hard to not be political when reviewing politically charged media in a politically charged culture.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Basically, it's really hard to not be political when reviewing politically charged media in a politically charged culture.

i dunno dude i've never claimed there was a jewish ruling class that needs to be destroyed or implied that black people are inferior when giving my opinion on the latest radiohead album

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

ah poo poo does that mean i'm NOT woke??

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

All art is inherently political, I guess that's part of it. Reviewing is passing judgement on something, and part of that is considering its value as a part of our culture. And that's not even getting in to the art that is overtly political, like albums made by Kanye "George Bush doesn't care about black people" West.

https://youtu.be/2UZqIIy7pAk

Here's his response. I think he makes some good points!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Whorelord posted:

from what I've seen he is incredibly unentertaining

he did an interview with danny brown and it wasn't even that good.

How the gently caress

Danny Brown is like liquid fun times

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
cool story op, keep us in the loop on those alt righters

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

i dunno dude i've never claimed there was a jewish ruling class that needs to be destroyed or implied that black people are inferior when giving my opinion on the latest radiohead album

How are you gonna innovate in a crowded market if you don't have an angle

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'll say it because nobody else will

There's too much German Jew influence in Norteño music!!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

same

also fantano never did too, :same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UZqIIy7pAk
link for da curious

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

if no one else is going to say it, fine, i will. kanye west is a jewish conspiracy

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Jose Mengelez posted:

anthony fantano looks like that one british comedian who wont shut up about how huge his goddamn teeth are but with tiny mr magoo eyes.

check out antfans narduar interview. he has big tits

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

same

also fantano never did too, :same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UZqIIy7pAk
link for da curious

I like how he makes it clear that, with the Hyde podcast, it was well before Hyde went kinda nuts with the alt right stuff. I've made that point a few times in the Hyde thread. It's still a really interesting podcast to kind of get in Sam's Pre-crazy head

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah that makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Hyde has always been a piece of poo poo jesus christ how many times do we have to go over this?

• Locked thread