Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Lil B owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJfBV_OQ-T4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Baked Alaska just picked a fight with him on twitter too

https://twitter.com/LILBTHEBASEDGOD/status/916395570041778176

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

In football, the same owners blackballing Kaepernick for protesting during the anthem are out on the field showing solidarity protesting with their teams during the anthem. So yeah it definitely doesn't mean what it originally meant anymore :lol: The funny thing is even if it shifted into being The Resistance bullshit, these owners also donated to Trump!!

It's gotten so blatant that the Titans signed Brandon Weeden, who may be the worst quarterback I have ever seen at the professional level.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

EvanTH posted:

"decently" nothing the dude went from bench nobody one day, Daryl Morey said he ignored his own models and passed on drafting him 'cause Asian, to averaging 24.2pts 9.5a in his first 5 NBA starts, winning 7 in a row for the Knicks, quite possibly their longest winning streak of all time. It looked like 0 to all-star, some dude seriously carping the dang diem, great story, too bad he's such a goober in his personal life

Also the individual games were fantastic and Tyson Chandler rules

yeah he pulled some high drama poo poo with panache

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Linsanity. It was real, all of it.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Linsanity made me a basketball fan

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Carlosologist posted:

Linsanity made me a basketball fan

like this???

minutes later, i am ashamed

Brolander fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 6, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
What would Lonzo's stats have to be to get voted into the all star game?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Spacebump posted:

What would Lonzo's stats have to be to get voted into the all star game?

A triple double

this is the west we're talking about

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Tae posted:

A triple double

this is the west we're talking about

The Lakers have the biggest fanbase. I don't think he would need a triple double to get in. Maybe something around 14 points 7 assists, and 3 or 4 rebounds?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Fan voting is only 50 percent though. Zaza made sure no one can get lost by a large fan base anymore.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Tae posted:

Fan voting is only 50 percent though. Zaza made sure no one can get lost by a large fan base anymore.

I'm enjoying these new Tae posts where he branches out into drastically typoing non-name words and phrases

Also Linsanity was cool and fun and wasn't matched until the first three games of the Three Alphas when they collectively shot like 50% from 3 and looked unbeatable.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Free idea for an MA thesis: comparing Linsanity and Tebowmania

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Brolander posted:

like this???

Lmao

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Brolander posted:

like this???

this is the content i live for :five:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Punkin Spunkin posted:

remind me, what were those seven teams? I still think it was like 40% media cynicism

Hah dude I'm tellin' y'all as someone who was sitting down to watch the Knicks game, expecting it was going to be more ugly losing bullshit with Melo studiously rejecting D'antoni's offensive principles but everyone firmly embracing his lack of defensive principles, it was set to be grinding basketball death and instead a backup PG is averaging 25/10 in his first 5 NBA starts, delivering increasingly exciting wins and the team's actually playing together (because Melo was injured ha ha ha)

Linsanity was really really good and pretty great for the NBA. Everyone in the city wanted to talk Ball and watch Ball which doesn't always happen and it felt pretty darned good.

The games themselves were great to watch and the coverage reflected that, tried to report on how much the crowd was into it. It got out of control huge but it was mostly organic

Brolander posted:

like this???

ah gently caress

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Fan voting is only for the top five in each conference, so if your not in that range fan voting won't matter.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Rick posted:

There are segments of his fanbase that are the worst fans of basketball on Earth.

There are a lot of insane stans but the self-styled Lin experts weirded me out the most. When he was on the Hornets this dude was in my mentions constantly and his photo always cracked me up

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kings holding out Harry Gilles till January to recover and build muscle. I expect to see a Hassan Whiteside esque transformation

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Punkin Spunkin posted:

remind me, what were those seven teams? I still think it was like 40% media cynicism

During the ten games where he averaged 24/9, the defenses he faced held opponents to an average of 105.9 pts/100, which is right at league average. During the whole season as a starter, Lin averaged 18/8 while facing very strong defenses (avg 103.9/100)—compare to the best PG in the league that year, CP3 averaged 20/9 against defenses that gave up 105.1/100. It was a legit run.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

EvanTH posted:

Hah dude I'm tellin' y'all as someone who was sitting down to watch the Knicks game, expecting it was going to be more ugly losing bullshit with Melo studiously rejecting D'antoni's offensive principles but everyone firmly embracing his lack of defensive principles, it was set to be grinding basketball death and instead a backup PG is averaging 25/10 in his first 5 NBA starts, delivering increasingly exciting wins and the team's actually playing together (because Melo was injured ha ha ha)

Linsanity was really really good and pretty great for the NBA. Everyone in the city wanted to talk Ball and watch Ball which doesn't always happen and it felt pretty darned good.

The games themselves were great to watch and the coverage reflected that, tried to report on how much the crowd was into it. It got out of control huge but it was mostly organic

ah gently caress
I just don't really think any other random PG would have gotten this sort of coverage for helping narrowly beat the the 2011-12 Timberwolves/Kings/Wizards/Raptors/Nets/etc but fair enough, it is the city of basketball I guess things tend to snowball. gotta give the benefit of the doubt to a knicks fan who was actually watching those games

dokmo posted:

During the ten games where he averaged 24/9, the defenses he faced held opponents to an average of 105.9 pts/100, which is right at league average. During the whole season as a starter, Lin averaged 18/8 while facing very strong defenses (avg 103.9/100)—compare to the best PG in the league that year, CP3 averaged 20/9 against defenses that gave up 105.1/100. It was a legit run.
ah, well I guess that confirms it. fair enough! count me wrong for the billionth time.
dreads still gotta go though

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 7, 2017

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
There were also at least two game winners that he dropped in that run I think. Drained it on the Raptors and the Lakers. I mean that probably had a lot of luck involved but like, the swag levels were completely un loving touchable.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

attackmole posted:

There were also at least two game winners that he dropped in that run I think. Drained it on the Raptors and the Lakers. I mean that probably had a lot of luck involved but like, the swag levels were completely un loving touchable.

The game in Toronto it felt like two thirds of the crowd was there just for him, and they went loving ballistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIHTi7cz3Qo

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

dokmo just wants to paint Linsanity in a different light because it was proof that the hot hand exists

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Linsanity was just an early glinmpse of the D'antoni redemption

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
love earl

Brolander fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 7, 2017

Mr Gentleman
Apr 29, 2003

the Educated Villain of London

Doltos posted:

An athlete comes out with a thoughtful and measured response to a hot button issue and goons hate him lmao

yeah pretty much this

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool buff man I will say this once and once only :

Tatum is better than Fultz right now *

* right now

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/916452552505528320

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Cool buff man I will say this once and once only :

Tatum is better than Fultz right now *

* right now

Hahah, appreciated my man. Yeah I think it's gonna take Fultz a minute to figure it all out, especially cuz he won't get as many touches as he otherwise would on another team (with Simmons, Embiid, Holmes, Reddick, etc around) but he's gonna be scary when it starts clicking

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
So far, from what very little I seen, I think Jarrett Allen is going to impress folks during the regular season. He seems to be a very capable 5, why'd he fall to 22?

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

attackmole posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR3NhE8fBs8

Yeah. I mean, look at that poo poo. Listen to it. He had a legit great run.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
*in there is only one ball voice*
https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/916459924108046336?s=09

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
the deed is done

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/916409338796929029

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Melo likes to demonstrate his elite passing skills early in the game so you can find it that much more frustrating when he stops doing it later. He's a real wound-salter

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Guys Marcus Smart is playing really well.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I like Fultz and I hope he works out. I hope all the Sixers guys work out cause they all seem cool and have cool styles. But that shot form is hosed and a for real concern

EvanTH posted:

So far, from what very little I seen, I think Jarrett Allen is going to impress folks during the regular season. He seems to be a very capable 5, why'd he fall to 22?

Repeatedly showed that he could be bullied by smaller, less athletic guys in college if they weren't afraid to body him up. Major tendency to disappear completely from games, which is a problem when you already look and move like an NBA guy and you're playing econ majors. Is this the long way around to saying he's soft? maybe

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

from a while back but

did anyone say the uni-baller???

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
This was real pretty

https://twitter.com/celtics/status/916445184564404224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

I like Fultz and I hope he works out. I hope all the Sixers guys work out cause they all seem cool and have cool styles. But that shot form is hosed and a for real concern

Wait so Fultz can't shoot? So between him and Simmons two of their new franchise guys can't put the ball in the hoop uhh that may turn out bad

• Locked thread