Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
Here, to make up for dicing you, multiple times, have some nice, calm text.

namad posted:

First I just want to say frenzy has been really really good. It's caused a lot of interesting things to happen, at least mildly interesting. The opponents fear it. Agent is using it. Glad we picked it, even if it wasn't strictly optimal.

My votes:
Papa G Wrestle
Papa G Wrestle
Papa G Wrestle
Papa G Wrestle

Rest: who cares? You promised us we could vote for a wrestle saur. You gave all the other saurus block without asking us. This is our one voting chance to give a saur wrestle instead of block. We need to take it. Otherwise we'll have to wait for a saurus to die. If we'd been voting normally I think we would already have had a Wrestle saur by now. Tackle is going to be better on one of the other regular old block saurus anyways. A saurus who just has tackle will result in the elf just being happy to stand next to him and eat up a risky block. With tackle and block combined though they're doomed to dodge and doomed to mark.

Papa G already has block. The saurus that had no skills was Mothra In law and has already been given block on the end of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
There's another saurus left without a skill, Starance. Papa G is a level 2 guy with block.

Beaten to the post.

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.
Skunt = Guard

Papa G = Mighty Blow

Fleetfoot Mac = Block.

Human Cheerleaders

I don't care for dwarves but won't vote for banning them outright.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

For the record when saurus #6 levels I'm planning on having a vote for block vs wrassle for all you wrestle-holics. So don't get too crazy about trying to shove wrestle on people who already have block, I was going to explicitly give you the chance for a wrassler if you really feel you need it.

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
Skunt = Break Tackle

Papa G = Tackle

Fleetfoot Mac = Block

Money = Level 2 Stadium

Keep the Orcs, let newbies play Dorfs

Tempting to pick more fun options, but a blodge AG4 seems ridiculous.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
i have no idea why you people are voting wrassle on a ag4 skink. you know what the really obvious and good choice is that lizards are always lacking normally? pass. yes i vote pass on him. lizard pass plays.

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
Here, to make up for dicing you, multiple times, have some nice, calm text.
I would honestly rather give him pass then wrassle. Wrassle on an agi4 stuntie player is just suicide, hes going to get the boot every single time he is on the floor.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Oh, something I forgot to mention!

Nobody has signed up for next week's match. I'm looking for challengers if you'd like to play the team (which will probably be 1390 or something I think after counting level ups?). Or I'll just end up trying to find somebody who is available in discord after the voting closes sometime Sunday.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Phoneposting so I'll just throw a quick block for Fleetfoot and I might add the rest of the votes if I remember.

namad
Nov 7, 2013

Agent355 posted:

For the record when saurus #6 levels I'm planning on having a vote for block vs wrassle for all you wrestle-holics. So don't get too crazy about trying to shove wrestle on people who already have block, I was going to explicitly give you the chance for a wrassler if you really feel you need it.

Sorry. I'm an idiot. I got the names confused in my head. :(
I'd go delete my post, because it's so stupid and disruptive, but I think we need to leave the evidence up.

Another n00b question, does the purchase of the stadium cost TV? if no, I think we should get it, because it's fun and interesting and a lot of us don't know anything about it. If it's like cheerleaders though and will give all our opponents star players, then it might be bad?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

If we have more than 150k in gold it starts getting added to tv. I think we're at 170k so we have 20k added to our tv.

Stadiums/enhancements don't add to tv at all, so spending some money on that will effectively lower our tv which is actually a good thing (lower tv, same efficacy = good).

Shazzner
Feb 9, 2004

HAPPY GAMES ONLY

Aeromancia posted:

Skunt = Break Tackle

Papa G = Tackle

Fleetfoot Mac = Block

Money = Level 2 Stadium

This; let's have an actual good team.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't even know what I want to vote for really. So I will vote +1 to whatever is winning for skill votes, DO NOT ban Chorfs, banning Doofs is fine though. Also Doof Cheerleaders

e - changing slightly. Give Skunt Guard even if I will sooner or later hate you for it.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 8, 2017

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Aeromancia posted:

Skunt = Break Tackle

Papa G = Tackle

Fleetfoot Mac = Block

Money = Level 2 Stadium

Seconding this.

I'm okay for comedy levels, but we're going to enable way more hot bullshit by making the AG4 Blodge Skinkmoster that was meant to be.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Skunt = Grab

Papa G = Tackle +ag

Fleetfoot Mac = Block

Money = Level 2 Stadium

Keep the Orcs

Let there be dwarves!

Skunt, so that we can be an rear end in a top hat and pin people under double prehensile tail dodges. Bonus points for tempting agent to make loner blocks.

Papa G, so that we can kill zons, elves and stunty teams. Works well defensively with grab to make even elves have trouble escaping.

Fleetfoot because there's not really any other option here. Wrestle could be useful for cage busting, but he'd probably be doing so at a -2db and without easy access to tackle+strip ball, that's not likely to work.

Our stadium should be pretty to look at!

Orc cheerleaders because they're amazing(ly horrid)

Dwarves because they aren't that boring. Kind of. maybe. not really, I just like suffering.

Actually, you know what? We're giving agent too much nice stuff. Let's +ag a saurus toss him sure hands and make saurus ball life.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 7, 2017

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Agent355 posted:

Alright, good. I was worried you were gonna try to cop-out and say the doubles roll was the chance for Wrestle, and I could not abide such a nefarious attempt to deny the king his throne.

You may have your Blodge Skink

Of course, The Orcs must stay

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Break Tackle for Skunt, Block for Fleetfoot, and Tackle for Papa G because I'm boring.
Level 2 Stadium and dorf cheerleaders because I haven't seen them. :shrug:

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!
Papa G = Mighty Blow
Fleetfoot Mac = Block
Skunt = Grab

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Papa G gets Mighty blow
Fleetwood Mac gets block and becomes our hero.
Skunt needs breack tackle, dodging big guys are always fun.

Orc cheerleaders shoud stay.

Don't ban dwarfs for newer players

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.
Gonna edit my vote for Skunt: to Agent's choice actually. Also an +ag saurus with Surehands can actually work pretty alright.

And you don't ban new players from playing dorfs, you just ostracize and haze them until they learn the errors of their ways.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Skunt = Break Tackle

Papa G = Tackle

Fleetfoot Mac = Wrestle

Cheerleaders = orcs

Dwarves = no ban. Even if an experienced player wants to play them.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

+1 agility for saurus balls!

It's all I want.

Oh, and limit dwarves to brand new players.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Are there normally any Europeans active in Goonbowl? I'm sitting with my finger on purchasing BB2 from GMG, but it's still an awful lot of ducats to shell out, if I'm just gonna go through another game of people Alt + F4ing whenever I get a TD or CAS.

Also, keep the Orc cheerleaders.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Skunt: Big guys are at their best when you don't have to even touch them to do their jobs. Therefore, we give a kroxigor GUARD

Papa G: Agent wants to Saurus ball. Let's make that easier for him by making sure he only needs a 5+ to get the ball. +AG

Fleetfoot Mac: BLOCK because blodgers are the best/worst things in blood bowl. And a blodging skink becomes a foul target whenever he hits the pitch.

Finally, don't ban dwarfs. They never win Goonbowl anyway. Dwarf week is the worst week of goonbowl, but they won't win. And upgrade your stadium, Agent.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

THE BAR posted:

Are there normally any Europeans active in Goonbowl? I'm sitting with my finger on purchasing BB2 from GMG, but it's still an awful lot of ducats to shell out, if I'm just gonna go through another game of people Alt + F4ing whenever I get a TD or CAS.

Also, keep the Orc cheerleaders.

Yes, there were plenty when I last played. I certainly will be this time.

Even if you don't play goons, there's a few leagues like MHI that penalise leavers

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

FoolyCharged posted:

Skunt = Grab

Papa G = Tackle

Fleetfoot Mac = Block

Money = Level 2 Stadium

Keep the Orcs

Let there be dwarves!

This is my vote as well. Effective for everyone. This lizard team is going places!

Abyssal Lurker
Jul 14, 2007

:jeb:THRILLMASTER:jeb:
Skunt = Guard

Papa G = Tackle

Fleetfoot Mac = Block

Money = Stadium

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Break Tackle for Skunt. I really want to see the big lizard get a chance to blitz more often. I don't know BB; Break Tackle seems good but maybe I'm wrong?

Tackle for Papa G. Elves must die.

Block for Fleetfoot.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

megane posted:

Break Tackle for Skunt. I really want to see the big lizard get a chance to blitz more often. I don't know BB; Break Tackle seems good but maybe I'm wrong?

Tackle for Papa G. Elves must die.

Block for Fleetfoot.

It's pretty good, on all our sauri we can dodge into no tackle zones on a 2+, with our krox we can dodge into 1 tz with a 2+ roll.
It's almost essential for lizards to have at least one or two guys with it. Otherwise a cheap lineman can easily tie up our big powerhouses.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

+1 to all votes for whatever Agent wants, I want to see this team start wrecking fools. :getin:

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Since my original attempt to vote was invalid and for the wrong lizard.

Skunt Break tackle
Papa Tackle
fleet Block
money Stadium

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
Skunt Guard
Papa Break Tackle
fleet Block
Human Cheerleaders

I'm boring

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Skunt - Grab
Papa G - Tackle
Fleet - Block

The best thing about orc cheerladers is that, according to the Warhammer lore, greenskins are sexless and reproduce by spores. Muscled, masculine-looking orcs are pretty much the last thing that appears in fungus-infested caves after squigs and goblins. Most likely they don't even understand why human cheerleaders are popular - but they noticed they do and copied everything they could to bask in appreciation!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Voting isn't closed yet but it's pretty one sided so far. Here's what we got.

Skunt:
Break Tackle - 16
Guard - 6
Grab - 2

Papa G.:
Tackle - 15
Mighty Blow - 4
+AG - 4
Break Tackle - 1

Fleetfoot Mac:
Block - 20
Wrassle - 4

Cheerleaders:
Orc - 15
Human - 2
Dorf - 2

Extra Money:
Stadium upgrade: 9
Reroll: 2

Dorf Ban:
Newbies only: 8
No: 6
Yes: 3

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Dorfs are for funhavers :colbert:

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Slaan posted:

Dorfs are for funhavers :colbert:

Said no one, ever.

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014
I want to see argent go against jadestar's dwarves

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Guard for Big Guy

Tackle For Saurus

Block for +Agi Skink

Cheerleaders Orc

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Worklurker posted:

I want to see argent go against jadestar's dwarves

Didn't they all retire at once on him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
No Blood Bowl for Any Dorfs

• Locked thread