Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

So much for "this fall" like they said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

New trailer for The Runaways dropped today too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6_0dJkjFAM

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Looks very CW aka poo poo

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Oct 7, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Looks very Runaways.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hey, just in case you were keeping tabs. You can add the lead guy behind Honest Trailers and Screenjunkies to the list of loving creeps with Harvey Weinstein and Harry Knowles.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

IRQ posted:

Dollhouse had an absolutely fantastic supporting cast but an unfit-at-best lead and meandering, unfocused writing. And what I previously would have called network meddling to bump up the sex appeal but now ehhh probably just Whedon being Whedon.

It's my fave on the strength of Dichen Lachman and Enver Gjokaj alone, basically. And I love the concept. That first half of season one is shaky af tho.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The return of Once Upon a Time is now. Waiting for DVR to finish, then will watch.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

esperterra posted:

It's my fave on the strength of Dichen Lachman and Enver Gjokaj alone, basically. And I love the concept. That first half of season one is shaky af tho.

Those two, Fran Kranz, Miracle Laurie, Harry Lennix, Amy Acker, Olivia Williams, and Reed Diamond all killed it on Dollhouse. I often think about how amazing it would have been with Tatiana Maslany as the lead, even though I know the show got made because Eliza Dushku had some kind of development deal with Fox and brought in Whedon.

My favorite Marvel character who hasn't gotten a movie or TV show yet but is perfect for one (especially a series) is Jamie Madrox, the Multiple Man. His mutant power is to create infinite duplicates of himself, who he then sends off into the world to learn useful skills. Then he reabsorbs the duplicates, and when he generates more of them in the future, they all share the newly-acquired skills. So he's a multi-linguist, an Olympic athlete, a lawyer, a combat medic, an escape artist, a detective, a SHIELD agent, etc. -- or he can just create a lot of "dupes" to back him up in a big fight. But I've always thought Enver Gjokaj would be so perfect for that role, as a guy who can play so many different subtle versions of different characters, all while looking like the same guy.

I argue that Dollhouse goes from mediocre and forgettable to great at the sixth episode, and improves exponentially from there.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

poo poo, I feel bad for not shouting out Olivia Williams, she was phenomenal. Everyone but Dushku was.

And she did fine when her doll was made to act like Faith.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

That and Sarah Conner Chronicles were cut before their time.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

As much as I loved Dollhouse, I'm still furious they axed SCC to give it a second season.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Holy poo poo Designated Survivor wins the trophy for most out of control CSI work of the century.

"I think that's him!"

"How do you know, we can't get facial recognition!"

"But we can get earlobe recognition! Ears are as unique identifiers as fingerprints"

Loads up earlobe identifier.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The day Frasier goes off Netflix is the day I drop netflix

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

At least OUAT brought in plenty of cleavage for the new season.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

Holy poo poo Designated Survivor wins the trophy for most out of control CSI work of the century.

"I think that's him!"

"How do you know, we can't get facial recognition!"

"But we can get earlobe recognition! Ears are as unique identifiers as fingerprints"

Loads up earlobe identifier.

That's a real thing that the NSA has.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

GreenNight posted:

At least OUAT brought in plenty of cleavage for the new season.

Is the most important cleavage (Regina) still on the show? This will determine whether I continue this year.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

esperterra posted:

Is the most important cleavage (Regina) still on the show? This will determine whether I continue this year.

Yes.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

esperterra posted:

As much as I loved Dollhouse, I'm still furious they axed SCC to give it a second season.

Scc really hosed up by putting the absolute worst episodes of the series as part of the sweeps.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The double whammy of back to back Sarah centric episodes, while also separating John and Cameron really hosed with the middle ot S2.

Shirley Manson was a beacon of light in that darkness. Then the show picked up steam again, and ended.

RIP

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, there's basically 3 lovely Sarah episodes in a row at the beginning of s2, and I don't blame anyone for quitting during that stretch.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Snak posted:

Yeah, there's basically 3 lovely Sarah episodes in a row at the beginning of s2, and I don't blame anyone for quitting during that stretch.

You mean the middle, right? It was just after the show came back from a break, so I can see why you'd think it was the start, but I generally thought people really liked the start and end of Season Two.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I mean, it's whichever 3 lovely ones there are in a row.

Edit: I also don't think Lena Heady is a very good actress. I don't hate her or anything, but I don't think I've ever been impressed with one of her performances.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lena Headey is my fave Sarah Connor.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
My favorite Terminator is Sylvia Hoeks' Luv character from Blade Runner 2049.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

X-O posted:

Hey, just in case you were keeping tabs. You can add the lead guy behind Honest Trailers and Screenjunkies to the list of loving creeps with Harvey Weinstein and Harry Knowles.

Here’s a link, in case anyone was curious.

Looks like it took the victim going public for them to fire him, which is shameful.

I honestly don’t understand how people can think behavior like groping or touching or propositioning women is appropriate. A coworker of mine told me that the assistant manager at her other job just straight up asked her for a blowjob out of nowhere. She said that he’d asked all her coworkers for blowjobs at one point or another and no one thought it was a big deal. Some even did it.

I flipped poo poo and told her to go to their HR department. She didn’t, though, because she “didn’t want him to get into trouble for something dumb” and that it wasn’t a big deal because all he wanted was a blowjob.

My coworker’s other job isn’t in media, by the way. She works front desk at a local location of a major hotel chain. So if you’re reading all this news and thinking “drat, media creators are hosed in the head”, nope, people like this are everywhere. You probably even work with one.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

Get out.

Edit: Genisys exists, so she's not the worst anymore...

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

New Will & Grace is excellent.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

lelandjs posted:

[url=http://www.indiewire.com/2017/10/andy-signore-suspended-screen-junkies-honest-trailers-1201884692/]

I flipped poo poo and told her to go to their HR department. She didn’t, though, because she “didn’t want him to get into trouble for something dumb” and that it wasn’t a big deal because all he wanted was a blowjob.

It's so hosed that this kind of thing is so commonly accepted that someone would say this.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gonz posted:

My fav Terminator is Burton from Banshee.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

My fav Terminator is Burton from Banshee.

I’ve never seen Banshee, but i’ve heard some things....

*makes Robert DeNiro face*

....i’ve heard some things....

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gonz posted:

I’ve never seen Banshee, but i’ve heard some things....

*makes Robert DeNiro face*

....i’ve heard some things....
Earth shattering spoiler scene.... BEWARE/ACHTUNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Tq-OaSsUQ

His whole ting is, he's basically Clark Kent/Superman. Once the glasses come off, it's show time.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Oct 7, 2017

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

Earth shattering spoiler scene.... BEWARE/ACHTUNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Tq-OaSsUQ

His whole ting is, he's basically Clark Kent/Superman. Once the glasses come off, it's show time.

Well, then.

That seems like one way to kill somebody.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

lelandjs posted:

Here’s a link, in case anyone was curious.

Looks like it took the victim going public for them to fire him, which is shameful.

The crazy part is one of the co-workers, JTE, probably knew about it for months because the guy harassed his girlfriend and then threatened to fire him if she told anyone. They've been appearing in videos together for months and I'm surprised he could stop himself from punching Andy in the face. But what else are you going to do, it's a sweet job if you can get it. The whole company might come crashing down now.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is OUAT actually worth watching or is it Shondaland-style trash?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's a network show about fairy tale characters that has ran for seven seasons. Do you really need to ask that?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

DivisionPost posted:

It's possible to know without knowing. Never would've guessed that Knowles was an abuser, but the minute I heard somebody came forward, I thought "Yep, he did it."

BTW, now that that's all out, I wouldn't be shocked if their TV guy, Herc, harassed some people too. One of the reasons I stopped reading that site is because, in many of his advance TV reviews, he complained about actresses not getting naked. He might have been an even bigger creep than Harry.

Billy Donnelly, a former writer on the site, was canned years ago by Knowles for giving the movie '42' a negative review. Something about Knowles' father loving Jackie Robinson (Honestly it's bizarre). He detailed it in a recent Facebook post but essentially Knowles has always been a liar and a thief and generally an rear end in a top hat but if you were working for that site at that time you'd let it pass because you were getting access that other places simply weren't. It's insane (Particularly if you ever read anything that Knowles has written) that Hollywood actually paid attention to and feared that site.

Sure the former writers look admirable now, but they were fine with Knowles making GBS threads on plenty of people so long as they weren't tarnished along with it.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

DrVenkman posted:

Billy Donnelly, a former writer on the site, was canned years ago by Knowles for giving the movie '42' a negative review. Something about Knowles' father loving Jackie Robinson (Honestly it's bizarre). He detailed it in a recent Facebook post but essentially Knowles has always been a liar and a thief and generally an rear end in a top hat but if you were working for that site at that time you'd let it pass because you were getting access that other places simply weren't. It's insane (Particularly if you ever read anything that Knowles has written) that Hollywood actually paid attention to and feared that site.

Sure the former writers look admirable now, but they were fine with Knowles making GBS threads on plenty of people so long as they weren't tarnished along with it.

Thanks for the heads up on that Facebook post; here it is for anyone who wants to read it. After reading that, I can believe there was a whole lot of willful ignorance going around.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I remember Moriarty always been an rear end in a top hat on that site, I'm sure the whole lot of them sucked. I never read it, it was always poo poo.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Snak posted:

Yeah, I mean, it's whichever 3 lovely ones there are in a row.

Edit: I also don't think Lena Heady is a very good actress. I don't hate her or anything, but I don't think I've ever been impressed with one of her performances.

It was around the spring sweeps iirc and the ratings absolutely tanked. That stretch of episodes was absolutely dire and hard to get through even being sold on the snow.

And I agree, she has very little range from what I've seen and while it sort of works for the roles she gets, it always feels really flat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I remember Moriarty always been an rear end in a top hat on that site, I'm sure the whole lot of them sucked. I never read it, it was always poo poo.

Moriarty bailed on them quite a while ago; he now goes by Drew McWeeny and has been quite open about the issues he has with his temper. Jeremy "Mr. Beaks" Smith is the guy I was thinking of. I always liked his writing, so it's a drag to learn that he even had one foot in that boy's club. (Interestingly, he hasn't said a word about this situation on Twitter.)

Quint and Capone, on the other hand, can gently caress right off.

• Locked thread