Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

LibrarianCroaker posted:

psst, all his SSR dudes are NP5.

I repeat, if he'd spent some money instead of relying on his absurdly lucky free draws, he could have drawn more 5*s to buy Gilgamesh with, or drawn Gilgamesh himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm really tempted to grail and max out George. The man has made my main berserkers go to town without fear of instantly dying on various occasions.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I got bored so I did a guide on the upcoming Servants, featuring GudaGuda, Halloween, and the random Scathach banner. Please look forward to these things happening over the next couple of months.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
diarmund being useless makes me sad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hey at least hes not phantom

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Endorph posted:

I got bored so I did a guide on the upcoming Servants, featuring GudaGuda, Halloween, and the random Scathach banner. Please look forward to these things happening over the next couple of months.
These as always are very helpful. Thanks!

I don't think anyone ever did an assessment of Orion, other than a general sense being "great against male servants/sabers, terrible NP gain outside of AQQ chains".

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Orion is the only 5* Archer single target NP for a very, very, long time.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

Sounds about right, although I think Okita is slightly stronger than Scathach.

Nyaa posted:

Orion is the only 5* Archer single target NP for a very, very, long time.

And she's still a good card overall, but she gets outclassed hard by Archer Artoria. Euryale can do her gimmick well enough that you can skip her without problems.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

Thanks for that Endorph!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I was saving literally all of my SQ for another Gil banner but Tamamo is a strong contender since all my favourite characters seem to be Arts-based.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Tired Moritz posted:

diarmund being useless makes me sad

Don't let that stop you!

I got someone on my friend list with a level 100 Diarmuid, because that's how you play this game.
Their friend message is "Waiting for Saber Diarmuid..." and has been some variant of that since before there were friend messages.

BlondRobin fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 7, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
drat, such pure love.

maybe he'll get more buffs. one day.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Someone on my JP friend list has a level 100 Leonidas and let me tell you, he kicks rear end.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
For the Assassin training, I've been using Waver + Andersen + Support Berserker and it feels like cheating holy poo poo. The Waver/Andersen duo is incredible.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
Who are the best grail candidates for pure gameplay reasons? Is Cu like Hans and worth raising to 80? I know the game is easy enough otherwise but I'm just curious from a pure gameplay perspective.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Soylentbits posted:

Who are the best grail candidates for pure gameplay reasons? Is Cu like Hans and worth raising to 80? I know the game is easy enough otherwise but I'm just curious from a pure gameplay perspective.

I don't think there's such a thing as objectively good candidates for grailing. Arguably there are objectively bad candidates, though; since all a servant gets from grails is ATK and HP, a servant who isn't a primary damage dealer and who isn't usually at risk of dying could be considered a waste of a grail.

Hans is pretty borderline by that argument, since his damage is nonexistant and his kit is already quite heavily defence and healing based - though Innocent Monster and his low starting cap mean he'll still get some benefit. Cu is somewhat better since you'll be doing damage with his NP and more HP potentially gives him an extra turn before he uses his guts, but I certainly wouldn't say that's enough of an argument to justify grailing him over someone you like more. Even semi-offensive tanks like George and Leonidas only really need grails if you want to use them in content that's much higher level than them.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm definitely tentatively leaning towards grailing Cu up to 90, as I figure that should put him roughly on par with a 4* Lancer which given his skillset/NP would make him pretty awesome since there aren't that many great gold Lancers in the game yet prior to Scathach.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
why is it so hard to get my 5th copy of eli-chan, is this my punishment for getting 4 extras of the Bryn CE :negative:

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Soylentbits posted:

The correct answer is that the best person to grail is the person who will let you enjoy the game more if you can use them more. That's it. There's a lot of potential arguments to be made about who should and should not get grails- for example, it's common wisdom that 5*s don't need them since they get less stats, but you can also argue that most good 5*s are incredibly powerful and focusing more power on them is more desirable than promoting a bunch of lessers youll use less. I think statistically, pound for pound, 4*s get the most going from 80 to 90 since it's the most levels per grail but the growth rate per level is still affected by your rarity, but you can also argue that the important part of grails isn't stats, it's shoring up functional teams, which is why grailing people like Hans is worth it. And none of these arguments are wrong.

The real answer is that FGO is extremely well balanced, especially amongst the catastrophe of power creep and gameplay balance thanks most mobage, and there's basically no such thing as bad servants, just bad masters, as the saying goes. The servants who are good have the stats they need, and grailing is explicitly not a mechanic that is taken into the balance considerations outside of possibly some ridiculous challenge content with minimal rewards that exists mostly for the sake of doing it. Grails are not how you make the game, they're how you break it.

Use your grails for love, because the point of the game is to have fun and the game will make sure you can have fun.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Endorph posted:

Neat, good to see my intention of going after Scathach is also a pretty good choice mechanically. Now we'll she if I actually manage to get her before I run out of tickets and Quartz. :shepface:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yeah, the hardest thing about grails is how many servants I'm tempted to grail. Okeanos, for example made me want to grail Asterios even more. I'm also tempted to grail my boy Hans, Ushiwakamaru, and Caster Cu, plus Medea and Medusa because the FSN crew deserves to be loved.

Looking forward to picking up Demon Archer Nobu during the event, she seems pretty cool with neat animations and such, being pretty dang good is just a bonus.

Nate RFB posted:

I'm definitely tentatively leaning towards grailing Cu up to 90, as I figure that should put him roughly on par with a 4* Lancer which given his skillset/NP would make him pretty awesome since there aren't that many great gold Lancers in the game yet prior to Scathach.

If you're curious my level 90 Cu is, subtracting the boosts from his Fous, ATK 8,942 and HP 11,866. With max Fous he'd be ATK 9,932 and HP 12,856.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
One day they will release a Tamamo-tier Quick Support and I can only hope I have rolled Okita by then.

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
I started the game over a month and a half ago, and while it started slow for me, I've really been enjoying it recently. But, sheesh, doing two dailies, then waiting six-seven hours for my stam to refresh is silly.

I've spent quartz to refresh my stam bar, just because I'm not ready to stop playing, sometimes.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you fool

you damned fool

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Endorph posted:

Where's Fionn McCuck?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Where's Fionn McCuck?

Comes out with Bryn rate-up, I believe, not Scathach.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Plutonis posted:

Where's Fionn McCuck?
Fionn's added later.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I look forward to those additions to my support list while I roll Emiya NP levels

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I am saving all my quartz for Scathach, so I'm really looking forward to getting NP5 Diarmuid and NP5 Fergus instead.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Could be worse. Tamamo's rate up has Mephistopheles on it. Darius too, but I guess he's not utterly horrible, just mediocre.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 7, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/lostliddell/status/916421158718685184

owo

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
umu

Is Scracthchchhcachashcsash good and funny, like nero and marie?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Scathach mostly just wants to die, which is relatable but not very funny.

That said she beats people up in the Summer event.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

she's also still hung up on Cu, which is extremely relatable imo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheFireMagi posted:

she's also still hung up on Cu, which is extremely relatable imo
to be fair cu hosed her daughter

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Endorph posted:

that just makes her obsession with Cu killing her even weirder!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Endorph posted:

OP led me to believe he and her were an item too, unless his "teacher" was Uathach (had to look that up)

Otherwise that's a complicated triangle

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Basically except for Medb you can probably assume that if Cu Chulainn met her he had sex with her.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

scathach taught him how to have good sex, and then he used those techniques on her daughter, and then he killed her daughter's fiancee, and then he hosed scathach's rival

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Man all this does is make me want to full ascend Cu now, but there's no way I'm going to get the Phoenix Feathers I need even with these improved dailies until GUDAGUDA.