Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Quixotic1 posted:

We pondered if we should still go as that and asking people around us "Where is Donald/Donde esta Donald?"

yes you should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

santanotreal posted:

How does Caribbean Beach compare to Coronado Springs?

Keep in mind both are undergoing significant construction but Caribbean Beach has it worst. Their main building is closed and while the pool is open its just the pool, no pool side bar or snacks. The restaurant is closed and replaced by food trucks and a tent in the parking lot.

Coronado on the other hand has all their amenities open.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What the hell I didn't know the brers were at the Halloween party. Still my dream to meet them

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Thoughts on a half-ish day at either MGM (yes im calling it that) or Animal Kingdom / Pandora? Crowds at Pandora look pretty insane, but nothing is jumping out at me at MGM. If I wanted star wars shops I would just got to DS and save myself the headache. 4 kids under 8, and a bunch of adults. This will be a day after our Epcot full day, I leave out of MCO at 7pm, looking to get something in before that. Latching onto my sisters trip for a couple days as I will be in Orlando for work - this is Nov 13/14. :cool:

Also anyone know where Marketplace Space 1 is for DS? That is where the Shades of Green bus is, I guess. I think its in the space marked "other resorts". Would like to know beforehand as I will be corralling 4 kiddos.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 5, 2017

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Zero One posted:

Keep in mind both are undergoing significant construction but Caribbean Beach has it worst. Their main building is closed and while the pool is open its just the pool, no pool side bar or snacks. The restaurant is closed and replaced by food trucks and a tent in the parking lot.
Oh wow. I knew they were still going through some upgrades, but that sounds like a disaster.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

WhiteHowler posted:

Oh wow. I knew they were still going through some upgrades, but that sounds like a disaster.

I was staying there just as the construction started and it wasn't that bad. The queue for breakfast in the morning was a pain, especially if you wanted the buffet they had going, but aside from that it was fine.

I didn't really make use of the main pool, so I can't comment on that, but each 'island' area has it's own pool, and each also had one of the rooms converted to a shop for grabbing snacks from.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I've stayed at Caribbean somewhere around 13 times over the last 20 years. It's my absolute favorite. I tried Coronado in 2015 but didn't really care for it. The pool being on the opposite side of the lake of the main hub was super annoying, and even though people say it's a resort for adults, the main pool bar closed at like 8pm. Obviously as people said they're both under some major rehab but it honestly doesn't seem so bad.

19 days to my first stay ever at PO Riverside. Stoked!

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
We stayed at Caribbean once when we decided to "upgrade" ourselves a bit from our usual stay at Pop. Though it was nicer, I wasn't crazy about having to go around the entire resort sometimes when getting dropped off. The sheer size of it was kind of daunting. That said, it was very peaceful since your room isn't right on top of the pool.
Despite not being "true" Disney hotels, I've always enjoyed Swan and Dolphin when we stayed there. You can sometimes swing really good deals at both hotels (my aunt works for Starwood who runs them so we get deals through her). You don't get magical express, gotta use room keys still, and you don't get to do typical room deals with them. That said they have a very excellent character breakfast buffet at the Swan a couple days a week and the transportation is divine due to low crowds at the hotels. Never wait in line for a bus and always have a seat, walking distance to boardwalk is just lagniappe.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Tim Whatley posted:

19 days to my first stay ever at PO Riverside. Stoked!

Stayed at Riverside the first time on my last business trip. Although I didn't see much due to my hours I really liked it, hope to vacation there eventually.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I think riverside is overall my favorite

It's so peaceful and relaxing.

AKL was great, but riverside has a river

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

If you're into escape rooms, you can visit The Escape Game and Lockbusters in the International Drive area for some really high quality ones. There's also some good restaurants down there like Nile and Cafe Tu Tu Tango.

Cheers! I'm not sure my girlfriend would like that, she's a little claustrophobic and worries about flying even :( But I'm sure they'd let you out if you asked, i'll mention it to her.

We're all packed and about to go to bed before a really early flight in the morning... I'm not going to be able to sleep am I?

Biggz fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 6, 2017

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
All escape rooms I've ever done had a "let me out" button for bathroom breaks, panic attacks, etc.

Be sure to ask though - one of the local rooms near me starts the players blindfolded and handcuffed, which is pretty intense.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Biggz posted:

Cheer! I'm not sure my girlfriend would like that, she's a little claustrophobic and worries about flying even :( But I'm sure they'd let you out if you asked, i'll mention it to her.

We're all packed and about to go to bed before a really early flight in the morning... I'm not going to be able to sleep am I?

Yes, the doors are left unlocked so you can leave and return at any time (though your time continues). Also, they're not individual rooms; Mission Mars at The Escape Game has four rooms by itself. They all have a story of some sort and puzzles that fit into a game world rather than just "You're locked in a room. Can you complete all the puzzles to find the code to the door in one hour?"

This is their Prison Break one at the Austin location. Should give an idea of what it's like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYmTrsKNZ90

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Highly recommend them. We got my girlfriend's dad, who is claustrophobic, to do the temple room at Orlando Escape Room Entertainment and he was fine. I've done most of them in the Orlando area, with the exception of a few that have opened recently, if you want any suggestions.

I've heard Lockbusters is great but we haven't done any of theirs yet.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

We did Escapology for a team building event, it was a blast - especially considering most of us had done one before, and half the team hated them. But we all had a lot of fun. Pretty difficult, great theming. Ours was a murder mystery on a train.

In other news, going to EPCOT and getting our annual passes today! Super excited. The perks of living in Orlando!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

If anybody is looking for an Ohana for 4 on Halloween proper my dining sniper tool has been notifying me all day about reservations opening up for some reason.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Icedude posted:

I was staying there just as the construction started and it wasn't that bad. The queue for breakfast in the morning was a pain, especially if you wanted the buffet they had going, but aside from that it was fine.

I didn't really make use of the main pool, so I can't comment on that, but each 'island' area has it's own pool, and each also had one of the rooms converted to a shop for grabbing snacks from.

Some recent construction photos: http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/disneys-caribbean-beach-resort/gallery/02oct2017-old-port-royale-redevelopment.htm

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Did anyone manage to get an extra Funko Figment figure and would be willing to part with it at a reasonable price? I'm here at Epcot in MouseGear right now and they don't have it anymore. Seems like it's a one time deal.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Skeezy posted:

Did anyone manage to get an extra Funko Figment figure and would be willing to part with it at a reasonable price? I'm here at Epcot in MouseGear right now and they don't have it anymore. Seems like it's a one time deal.

I've heard they have them over at the gift shop near Journey until imagination

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

I've heard they have them over at the gift shop near Journey until imagination

Yikes. I'll see if I can get my buddy to grab me one if he goes again. We just left the park and with the rain and stuff didn't have a chance to pass by there.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
The Funkos don't usually sell out as quickly as Disney thinks they will. They still got Orange Bird ones in Adventureland.

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

Spent all day yesterday travelling and now I'm awake too early.

Can't wait for the sun to come up so I can see French Quarter in daylight.

Is the food court area always so packed? It was 10pm and we could hardly move around the bit where food is prepared.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

Biggz posted:

Spent all day yesterday travelling and now I'm awake too early.

Can't wait for the sun to come up so I can see French Quarter in daylight.

Is the food court area always so packed? It was 10pm and we could hardly move around the bit where food is prepared.

When I went, the food court was dead every time we went in. That's strange that it's so busy

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Wife and I picked up our APs yesterday when we took her mom to EPCOT for F&W. Her mom is 73 and it was her first time going to a Disney park; she said she felt like she was six years old! She was a trooper though, lasted until 8 even in that heat and humidity.

Quick question: I had a MDE account that I used to manage previous trips. My wife signed up for her own account when we got our APs, but now it seems there's some confusion with the system. I sent her an invite through the Family and Friends list page but it keeps giving her an error. Do I need to remove her from our current reservation (we were staying at POR for marathon weekend, but now that we live here we aren't sure we will keep it; we will definitely drop the tickets portion and will likely reduce the number of nights) in order for it to work?

Also, where do I get some sweet AP pins/buttons so everyone knows we are awesome?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Honestly, I would call tech support. The Friends and Family aspect of MDE is so stupid.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Omne posted:

Also, where do I get some sweet AP pins/buttons so everyone knows we are awesome?

In the past, we have received accessories for our magic band that say "Passholder 20XX" on them as well as car magnets, but they take awhile to come in the mail. I know there's some exclusive pins you can buy but I forget how you go about doing that.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
F&W has buttons in different colors at all of the non-country booths this year for AP holders.

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

Fejsze posted:

When I went, the food court was dead every time we went in. That's strange that it's so busy

It was a lot better this morning between 8 - 8:30.

Best place today was getting soaked at Dumbo's circus.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I went to Disneyland/California Adventure recently and found out that the meet and greets where the character can talk actually own.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I went to the Kansas City renaissance festival today wearing my shoulder banshee from pandora and honestly they should have let me in free because I was basically a performer as far as the crowd was concerned. Everyone wanted to see the cool "pet dragon." I didn't correct anyone, because I'm not a douche, but several people did ask where to get one and were very dismayed when I told them.

Also, you'd think it would be mostly children who were so easily enthralled, but it turns out taking a shoulder banshee to a ren fair is a legitimately good way to pick up chicks.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Had a bright idea to talk my mom into a mother daughter trip in February and my dad actually seems interested in going back as well. Shot you an email, braksgirl.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
[quote="“Roth”" post="“477185138”"]
I went to Disneyland/California Adventure recently and found out that the meet and greets where the character can talk actually own.
[/quote]

I cried when I met Mickey because I didn't know he talked. It was the best surprise.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Anya posted:

I cried when I met Mickey because I didn't know he talked. It was the best surprise.

I didn't know that either.

I met Darth Vader who called my Mom out for being a rebel spy for wearing an R2-D2 shirt, and then interrogated each of us individually. Captain America talked about how he wasn't sure about those Guardians of the Galaxy guys, and misses the 40s when everything was more black and white.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Anya posted:

Had a bright idea to talk my mom into a mother daughter trip in February and my dad actually seems interested in going back as well. Shot you an email, braksgirl.

Got it! I"ll have something for you shortly!

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Roth posted:

I didn't know that either.

I met Darth Vader who called my Mom out for being a rebel spy for wearing an R2-D2 shirt, and then interrogated each of us individually. Captain America talked about how he wasn't sure about those Guardians of the Galaxy guys, and misses the 40s when everything was more black and white.

I had the opposite happen when I was wearing a vader shirt and met Chewbacca. He didn't want to hug me or shake my hand :(

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Kylo Ren did not take kindly to my May The Force Be With You shirt. He also didn't care for me asking how his dad was doing.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
I probably would have broken character on that.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
My little cousin asked Chewie where Han was. Chewie threw his head back and made a loud cry and covered his heart with both hands. :(

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Funkmaster General posted:

it turns out taking a shoulder banshee to a ren fair is a legitimately good way to pick up chicks.

The odds are good, but the goods are odd, eh?

All this talk about DCA characters talking makes me really want to visit. I've done WDW more times than is healthy for someone who has never lived in FL or an adjacent state, but never made it to southeast California.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Anya posted:

haha my girlfriend did the same thing the first time. She was so star struck she didn't know what to say and stammered her way out of there in between tears.

How the gently caress do they even do that though? He has so many lines I didn't hear him say the same thing twice. Tell me your secrets mickyyyyyyy