Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Man I have to admit I am kinda salty that I'm apparently the only person who didn't pull a single USB despite spending 300 mythril total this fest. That's some poo poo.

If it makes you feel better, I only got the same one (Pecil) on two different banners (Fest 2 and CT)

Like there are worse 6*s to have than two holy swords (or one badass holy sword), but come on

A combination of whimsy about when to go all-in and bad luck for the past six months or so has really set me back; my options are poo poo for someone who's been playing since launch and there's people itt who started like three months ago better off than me for magicites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

If you ever feel bad about a pull here is the one that made me quit way back when

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Sure why not

USB

Gilgamesh - it doesn't seem particularly powerful, but I like Gilgamesh and there are always uses for drawtaliators

Ace - Very hype about this. Was my sole DPS in my failed Chadarnook fights, but even with only a 3 dive, R3 Chain Firaga and Firaga, he was putting out consistent and great damage and literally almost killed him by himself. Probably going to be my first mage LD.

Zidane - My biggest hope. I'm looking forward to him carrying my Physical team, hopefully.

Tidus - Don't know anything about this, but I'm excited! I hear it's great.

Vaan - Competes for the Thief spot, but his non-ele damage will be useful. Excited to do a dual Thief team.

Noctis - I can't leverage this as well as others since I don't have his BSB or a rank 2 OD, but I used him as my DPS for Goddess and it worked out great.

Alphinaud - I have no opinions here. I hear it's great but I have zero summons at the moment. I guess I need to change that?

Lightning - Very stoked. I like Lightning and I hear this USB is fantastic by itself.

OSB
Rydia - oh cool

Sephiroth - Since I got his BSB2, I'm actually pretty excited. He'll be one of my main Dark wielders for sure.

BSB

Ceodore - make fun of it all you want, but when I'm fielding a team of front row Knights all leveraging Marche's USB, it will be glorious.

Iris - Awesome.

Lenna - I'm sure it'll come in handy down the line but on my back burner for now.

Shadow - Very awesome, but sad I didn't get the USB. I finally have a great option for Ninja Magic.

Setzer - I have a fully decked out and dived Fran, but I'll take another top tier debuffer

Matoya - BSB aside this is all I got from my Banner 1 pull so I'm a bit salty.

Rinoa - at least with this though, I now have an Ice mage team.

Papalymo - Stoked but I loving got this three times. At least I have a 5*+++ +fire stat stick?

Zell - Stoked again but unsure how to fit it in my teams. I'll have to experiment.

Gladiolus - a staple in my A team, so I'm happy I have an additional option for him!

Larsa - my CT choice and happy I did it. Great utility since I have both his SSBs.

Sephiroth - excited to try it out with his OSB.

Yda - I like Yda a lot, so why not! It always helps to have more Support characters too.

Ashe - I have no opinion on this. Looks decent?

Eiko- same with Zell, not sure how best to use it but I'm glad to have it!

Also got some random ssbs of no note.

How'd I do friends?

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
Can someone give me a hand?
I beat the lightning magicite guy first, and now who do I fight next? Ill assume the 1 and 2 star espers are crap, I did combine my two hydra's and hes like 51/60. I don't know what they do or what they're stats are for?
I basically just have weak ice offense, everything else is pretty much covered with the Good poo poo

My core team is:

onion knight for battery and bsb
ramza for battery and shout and backup heal
deuce for bsb heals/curada/shellga
some imperil guy
osb/usb cannon guy

I should just not even bother with breakdowns right?

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

superloosegoose posted:

Can someone give me a hand?
I beat the lightning magicite guy first, and now who do I fight next? Ill assume the 1 and 2 star espers are crap, I did combine my two hydra's and hes like 51/60. I don't know what they do or what they're stats are for?
I basically just have weak ice offense, everything else is pretty much covered with the Good poo poo

My core team is:

onion knight for battery and bsb
ramza for battery and shout and backup heal
deuce for bsb heals/curada/shellga
some imperil guy
osb/usb cannon guy

I should just not even bother with breakdowns right?

Okay, so. You've got Hydra, so now you have a magicite that can do Imperil Lightning. Figure out your best lightning elemental team and try out Bismark, or keep farming Hydra for more 3 star magicite. The magicite dungeons work in a clockwise cycle of elemental weaknesses. Lightning magicite boosts your lightning damage, for the most part, so water is your next target.

You assign one magicite as your main magicite, which means you can activate its ability (in Hydra's case, lightning damage plus Imperil Lightning) twice per fight, like a roaming warrior. The more you level it up, the stronger it gets. The passive bonuses increase as well, and is one of the main draws of magicite. You've got Dampen Lightning, which helps more against Hydra itself, and Resistance Boon, which is a decent boost to Resistance once you've leveled it up, preferably to 80. These passive boosts are available on sub magicite as well as main magicite.

Basically, see which other dungeons you can do and see what magicite you can get out of it. Enkidu's a good one, but you'll need ice damage to beat Fenrir unless you can figure something else out. Enlil is a physical boosting one that drops off Hydra.

And yeah, breaks don't seem to have too much of an effect. Elemental boosts/debuffs are usually your best plan of attack.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

USB:
Noctis x2: really what I wanted, though I wish one of these was Alphinaud USB instead
Tyro 2 :lol:
Curilla: I wanted more relics for curilla, but not really this one. Still USB, I'll take it
Marach: Seems cool, but no other relics for him.

OSB:
Hope: Goes good with his BSB1 I have, at least, but doubt I'll use him outside of CM

BSB:
Alphinaud: This is what I wanted, outside of Noctis USB. I also wanted Firion/WoL USB but couldn't get that either... I also want WoL CSB to go with his BSB but alas... (his osb or agrias's OSB would have been nice too)
Nabaat: Nice surprise. Wrathable dark imperil seems like it'd be good later on for barty CM when that comes around again with raines bsb
Zidane 2: Not super excited about this one, no other relics (Have cloud osb/enwind and zack bsb, and freya bsb)
Relm: I don't want more healing relics. I have eiko usb/bsb, now I have relm usb/bsb. feels less useful than eiko
Shadow: wasn't really gunning for this, but another source of dark is cool.
Squall 2 x2: My first ice, then the game decides to throw his relics at me. OK
Firion: mblink is awesome and can replace ceodore as my other holy member!
Minwu (dupe): Minwu is cool and all, but eh
Seymour (dupe): his bsb is not that interesting, especially now I have naabat
Rydia (dupe): summon earth is cool but not interesting. no other relics for her.

SSB:
Minwu: I can't see me using this over his bsb unless i had extra SB gauge and didn't have his bsb
Firion: Doubtful i'd use this....outside of maybe Ahriman mote dungeon...?

Gentleman Owl
Apr 29, 2013

Post-fest roundup as well if only to set things clear in my mind. I started toward the end of August, so this fest was pretty helpful in just amassing options.

Account creation to fest: Rosa USB, Bartz BSB3, Dorgann SSB, Galuf SSB2, Shadow BSB, Laguna BSB, Wakka SB, Hope BSB, Noctis SSB, Orlandeau OSB, Meliadoul SSB.

Fest:

USB
Faris - USB1, along with her SSB2. Hyper Break along with SSB2 Imperil Wind.
Alphinaud - Supposed to be great, but I literally have zero summons crafted let alone honed. Future project.
Delita - Looks good!

OSB
Firion - Also got his BSB, so he's now a solid phys option.
Bartz - More damage on top of his BSB3 I drew during the V banners.
Agrais - Looks like nice standard damage.
Squall - I've got nothing else of his. Ice damage. Not much to it.

BSB
Sarah - I've now got a glut of healing options which isn't a downside I guess.
Firion - Looking forward to rapid spamming.
Mog - MAG/MND-boosting hastega entry, heal and mag break commands, on a character with 5* dancer and can carry Protectga/Shellga.
Relm - Medica with Last Stand.
Celes - BSB2 - Runic! What seems to be nice damage!
Edea - Ice damage, and a mage option I guess.
Garnet - Seems like a hybrid of healing and summon damage. No summons yet.
Rikku - Imperil Water, although I have nothing else for it yet.
Lulu - BSB2, EnIce?
Cid Raines - Gem pick, I think enough's been said about this one already.
Nabaat - Imperil Dark to go with the rest of the dark.
Larsa - Picked from CT. I figured I may as well pick up Astra and have healers for all occassions.

SSB
P.Cecil - eh.
Palom - Looks like a decent versatile bit of damage, I can see tri-element and mag/res debuff being useful.
Faris - SSB2, Imperil Wind.
Gilgamesh - eh.
Barret - Hyper Break at least? I've got a better option anyway.
Laguna - Had his BSB previously. Eh.
Iris - Crit buff.
Ace - If I needed more healing.

Post-fest: Gabranth BSB (dollar pull).

Unsurprisingly no dupes, given I think a whole one banner all fest had a couple dupes on it. I've got a whole lot of options now, including a good amount of darkness. Next stop nightmares.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
So in a vaccuum, what's better overall: +50% party crit rate (Zell BSB) or +30% ATK (Reks BSB)?

Assume I'm interested in maximizing my overall DPS potential for the entire party.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Got the 50 and pulled on CT

Can't remember her name OSB, Kerplode XVII

and a relic for Luneth! His SSB, this game is loving with me :negative:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ceaselessfuture posted:

So in a vaccuum, what's better overall: +50% party crit rate (Zell BSB) or +30% ATK (Reks BSB)?

Assume I'm interested in maximizing my overall DPS potential for the entire party.

Depends on if you're hitting the softcap. Once your peeps get over ~800(?) Attack, Critfix will do more than +ATK. Until then (say Reks is your only boostga, or you have lovely realm synergy) you'll get more payout from the +ATK.

There's also the factor that Reks BSB has a hastega and +30% DEF attached, whereas Zell BSB is mostly about DPS. So really, the best answer is "use both".

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

:bandwagon:

USB
Bartz: I legend dived him immediately after picking up his LM in the last fest so welp
Faris1: I've started bringing her to some fights instead of Vaan BSB, especially AoE or mostly physical fights.
Lulu: I tested this against Fenrir and I prefer Edea BSB. If I started leaning into Entrust this might eke it out, though.
Tidus: In a vacuum I think this is better than Chicken Knife for water damage. But I did LD Bartz so it does tend to play second fiddle even there. I've actually been using this just as an enwater->OSB against Liquid Flame, lol.
Yuffie: instant atk/def breakdown and proportional healing. The water damage is icing.

OSB
Lightning: this one's got that bad ramp mechanic I believe. I do have her BSB2 though so a bit of extra damage at the end of a fight's not bad.
Tidus: standard OSB, but all realm +water sword and I have his enelement so it's welcome.
Rydia: I think this is my first mage OSB? Nice elements but I don't think it's going to see a lot of use

BSB
Beatrix: dupe actually not a dupe, but I did already have Agrias' version.
Cid (7): no enelement tax but...
Cloud2: I have Cloud OSB too. That makes Cid's maybe my 3rd best physical wind SB, which may not always make the cut
Edea: dupe
Galuf: the heals usually make this my fire imperil of choice
Gladiolus: good, I think? My first earth BSB, at least.
Golbez: the one and only mage tank
Gogo: I've heard mimic is bad but it's still a decent water burst, on a +water mage stick
Iris: I'm 90% of the way through Y'shtola's LD or Iris might have replaced her as my healer of choice.
Noctis: my best non-elemental damage? And less fiddly than Prishe
Raines: dupe
Rosa: IV medica and mblink command. I'll take it.
Seymour: dupe
Steiner: solid enfire, but I probably have better options
Vanille: instant medica BSB, hard to argue with that
Yuna2: after playing with this a while I'm not sure the toggle is even worth it. Sacrifices a turn for piddling damage and messes up your doublecast RM. But the faithga on entry makes some teams function properly.

SSB
Amarant: I'm not familar with Amarant's junk and mistook this for his wannabe Refia BSB at first glance. Probably not going to see use.
Faris: dupe

And I need to choose a BSB off of Crystal Tower. With the dupes and the crap peeled away it's probably down to Sarah, CoD, Kain or Orlandeau. Not sure which yet.

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 7, 2017

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

what are the best relics to pick from the Crystal Tower draw?
also why won't they let me read the loving descriptions for them

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Well, why not. Everyone else is doing it, so I guess I can do it too. :downs:

USB
Lion: 6* Lucky. Actually really good and helped me clear the FF11 torment D300 CM. Instant-cast pentabreak on a non-support is nothing to sneeze at.
Vanille (Dupe): 6* Lucky. I guess it's my strongest healer stick now. :shrug:

OSB
Jecht: 30 pull. Not my favored relic, because bleetzbol and also on a character I hardly use.

BSB
Yuna 2: Healer Lucky. I keep wanting to be impressed by this but medica commands always bother me. Give me an instant-cast Curaja any day. Too fiddly.
Rosa: Healer Lucky. Not bad, not great. Not her USB, so likely just CM fodder.
Fujin (Dupe): BSB/USB/CSB Lucky. At least it's a bonus to a +wind mage thrower.
Balthier 1 (Dupe): BSB/USB/CSB Lucky. Not even a good dupe.
Leila: Banner 1 100gem. Poison's a weird element, but I don't have practically any II synergy and it's good for thief gear. :shrug:
Mog: Banner 2 100gem. I actually prefer this to Yuna BSB2, despite it not having a medica entry. I know, I'm probably weird.
Rinoa 2: Banner 3 pull #1. Actually significantly helped my times on Fenrir and encouraged me to dive Rinoa. I do not regret this decision.
Edea (Dupe): Banner 3 pull #1. I would've been happy, if it wasn't a dupe.
Fang 1 (Dupe): Offbanner Banner 3 pull #1. What the gently caress. gently caress you, game. gently caress. You are the reason I ragepulled on banner 3 a second time instead of saving for 5.
Cloud 2: Banner 3 pull #2. Haven't played around much with it, but I keep hearing good things. Maybe it's time to dust Cloud off and give him a spin again.
Eiko: Banner 3 pull #2. You know, as a Chant-haver, you'd think this would hype me up more, but Relm is just too good. I can't see using Eiko over her in most high-end content.
Jecht: Dissidia banner 100gem. Game really wants me to use Bad Dad, huh. Feh.

SSB
Yuffie: 30 pull. I continue to pull absolutely none of Yuffie's good relics and approximately all of her bad ones.
Wakka (Dupe): 30 pull. gently caress your bleetzbol, you racist broomhead motherfucker.
Faris: 30 pull. I mean, it's an imperil. That's about the only good thing I can say about it, I feel like Sea Lord's Broadside is even a better SB.

Don't have the :20bux: for a gem pull or the mythril for the CT pull, or else I'd add those in, too.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Oct 7, 2017

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Augus posted:

Y'shtola also I think you have to hold on the relic to get the full description.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

ceaselessfuture posted:

If you don't have any other sources of Haste Reks is gonna blow Zell away in terms of both your damage output and overall utility. Haste is indispensable and the harder content assumes your characters are hasted 100% of the time.

Also I don't feel like compiling a big list but I got Doomtrain for Quistis and my first OSB+BSB mage combo on no less than Ashe :hellyeah: so the fest ruled for me despite only spending about 175 myth on it. (3 luckies + one NES pull + free 30th anniversary pull + CT pull) I got a few other OSBs and Ultras for Firion and Marach but Ashe and Quistis were what I was really excited for.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Augus posted:

rough list

Never pick (ever): Minwu, Terra, Aerith.
Situational (might be useful in some peoples situations): Sarah, Krile, Prishe, Orlandeau
Good (a lot of tech, versatile tech, or above average even without the frills): CoD, Kain, Fujin, Beatrix, Yuna
The best (you'll bring these characters almost everywhere): Larsa, Vanille, Y'shtola

I'm not an authority on it or anything though

Unrelated, I think I'm going to just forget that Prishe command 1 exists and focus on Lifebane when I use her. Doesn't feel worth the hassle.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
USB
Setzer - YES. Favorite debuffer getting an amazing toy is good times.
Aerith - meh. Gilg statstick when I want to fart around, otherwise just statstick.
Rikku - YES. Even if I don't field her, this will help Edge so much.
Vaan - Looks interesting, got me to level him up.
Tyro2 - It's a livin.
WoL - Anything for this dude is cool. Haven't yet tried it out proper though.

CSB
Rinoa - Suck it, DeNA, I get a chain off of the gem draw anyway. Not bad, haven't given it a spin yet but should.

OSB
Ayame - Synergy fodder.
Edgar - Always wanted this, and it's pretty fun if gimmicky.
Vayne - Hey, Gabranth, found you a new sword!

BSB
Arc - Game insists on giving me everything this doof has.
Mog - Sleeper hit, thought it was silly at first but now it's the (depressing) harbinger of mage fun.
Faris - Well, not gonna argue, but rather would've let this go to a friend of mine who utterly adores Faris, and I field Setzer anyway.
Cid 14 - Best earth imperil, solid toy and made Hydra possible.
Emperor - Well, might be fun to play with? Doesn't seem fantastic, but could eke a use or two out of it.
Maria - YES. Still an amazing damage source, and instantly fulldived her. Zero regrets.
Desch - Snazzy as hell, he's coming up soon for full dives.
Firion - Ain't ever gonna complain about an instant mblink.
Matoya - to think I chased this doofy item so long ago. Still cool though, will be useful for resist swap bosses.
Vaan - This is acceptable.
Reks - If I didn't have Ceodore fully dived out I'd be more excited. Still solid, and I could field the pair together to just not need a healer.
Auron 2 - Might be fun with the new fire samurai abilities?
Nabaat - Very pleasant surprise.
Cid Raines - This fucker went from the crap heap for me, to next in line for full dive. Him with Nabaat will be a solid duo for the Holy magicite.
OK - It's OK.
Sarah - FF1 supremacy.
WoL x2 - see above.
Yuna2 - Seems cool.

SSB
Gladiolus - Might be useful if I field him with OK? But I have his BSB and I'd rather let him be a rare earth damage source.
Sabin - +10 attack for my hard carry for Sealion.

Pretty good haul, all things considered. Tempted to try a pull for Gabranth's USB, but I'd just end up with another 4 Gigantaxes, no thanks. A pity since he's a drat solid dark-team tank. Gaff RM4 (50~% chance to counter phys with a big Drain Strike), Draw Fire, Protectga, BSB to slap down an imperil as soon as possible and start flinging damage.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

18 second mist dragon clear~ (Shadow USB + LMR + legend dive + every single action double casting, with CloudZack combo and Onion entrusting to fuel Cloud)

Shadow Dragon sub 30 looks tough with my current holy kit (dived Raines with BSB, TGCid OSB, Beatrix/Agrias BSBs, Pecil USB)

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Thanks for the critfix info! I'm wondering because I have both the Reks/Gladio combo for +30/+50/hastega, but I also have Ramza's Shout which I could pair with Zell. Not sure which would come out on top in that situation, but I guess since my dudes are mostly under the softcap that the Reks/Gladio combo will still be primo.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Yeah sure.

Total Mythril spent: 250 (two Luckies, two pulls on banner 3, one pull on banner 1, Crystal Tower draw, free 30 draw)

USB
Cloud: It's Cloud. Not much to say about that one.
Squall: Kinda blah, and I'm not even sure it outperforms his OSB. But it's another 6* sword.
Zidane: Really nice and makes him an Imperil machine and tacks on some extra damage, especially in Trance.
Vanille: Game insists on throwing healer USBs my way. She won't be on the A team anytime soon, but it's an Astra/HP stock source.

OSB
Jecht: Well, it's not anything amazing, but it's a 6* FFX weapon and it'll do some heavy damage in Jump Starts.
Sephiroth: Worse damage compared to Jecht, but my Sephiroth is way better geared.

BSB
Sephiroth: Excellent Dark damage (which I needed), and synergizes well with his OSB. He'll be solid for Holy Dragon.
Ayame: My first proper physical Ice BSB and my only XI synergy. Good stuff, and will do well on the XI Torment.
Lightning: Sadly, it's her first BSB. Nothing amazing, but it's +10 ATK and it's for a realm I needed synergy on.
Fang: Again, her first BSB. Nothing standout and I have better Wind attackers/Imperil users already.
Reynn: Well, it's better than Serah's at least. And +Ice on a mage weapon, albeit a fairly limited one.

SSB
Matoya: Comboes nicely with Echo's for FFI CMs. Not much else to say about it.
Terra: SSB1. Pure fodder.

I still have to pick my Crystal Tower selection (likely going for Larsa or Fujin), but 13 relics isn't a bad haul at all.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Oh poo poo, Y'shtola's selection relic has Stoneskin property? Yeah, that's a must-have.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Augus posted:

Oh poo poo, Y'shtola's selection relic has Stoneskin property? Yeah, that's a must-have.

Yea, it's a great burst on a wrathable healer.

Larsa's burst is a little worse (astra is more situational than stoneskin by a longshot), but he is an entrust user...

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

I was somehow having difficulty getting this under 30 seconds from the getgo, but then I went and farmed up some dark magicites and fixed up my ability usage and RMs. Basically, give Shadow ninja damage RM, entrust onto him at the start to get USB going, then entrust again to have him use BSB and get en-dark going. Yeah, I'll take me some doubletaps resulting in 80k damage per turn, at ninja speed.

Oh, and I somehow forgot that Vayne exists and has a physical component to his BSB. Definitely should bring him instead of Sephy and this might honestly go sub-20.

Shadow Dragon though, much like Liquid Flame exposes my lack of sheer water DPS, is similarly exposing my lack of raw holy DPS. Like, this is not a bad team at all, but WoL CSB/BSB and Celes BSB1+BSB2 just can't poo poo out big numbers until a good deal of setup, and by then any chance at sub-30 is gone.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Literally since everyone else is doing it... Fest + concurrent banners haul with comments:

USB
Tyro 1 - This is a really nice thing to have, especially with access to his Wall. Spammable Astra with some healing? Sign me up!
Tyro 2 - This could be super good for a new player, but as is I have enough tools for Tyro that this will probably never be slotted. :shrug:
Yuffie - Slightly award mix of damage, debuffing and healing. Been mostly using this as a complement for her BSB, either as an emergency heal or a finisher move.
Noctis - Not very interesting for me. While I have Noctis' BSB and SSB as well, I'm mostly using Noodle Prince for his SSB right now. Lacking the best support relics for this, his OSB and LMR. Maybe could try with Dervish, but right now Noctis is on SSB duty.

OSB
Quistis - While I have her BSB to go with it, poison is almost completely forgotten as an element right now. Shame, I'd love to be hype about DOOMTRAIN. :black101:

BSB
Leila - Great for CM's, but poison is still a dead element.
Onion Knight - Final tally: 850~ mythril and 120 bucks spent, and I finally have this loving thing. :shepspends:
Porom - Strictly CM fodder. I have access to better healing.
Sabin - Another CM item. Refia means this will probably never see use outside FF6.
Kefka - Enough with the poison already!
Cloud 2 - I was already swimming in physical wind stuff, but this is fine too. Maybe one day I'll get his USB to go with it.
Sephiroth 1 - Great tech to have access to. Remains to be seen how often I actually need it, though.
Sephiroth 2 - Seems like a perfectly serviceable dark damage option.
Yuffie - Reasonable water option. Hits pretty weakly, but gives her access to EnWater and thus boosted ninja and sharpshooter skills. Also goes nicely with her USB.
Squall 2 - At first I was a bit disappointed, because I already had a fully dived and kitted Ayame. But after testing it I now wish I could refund those motes and give them to Squall instead. :stare:
Fujin - GOOD
Garnet 1 - Bad soul break that is unlikely to see play even in FFIX CM's. Mostly has marginal use as a decent statstick.

Papalymo - :tif:

Sazh - Solid enough 30/30 boost attached to a good support break. Glad to have.
Fang 2 - One more wind item on the pile. Wish I had gotten her Imperil instead.
Nabaat - Good Dark Imperil to have, though I also have ExDeath's.

SSB
Setzer 2 - gently caress you why aren't you a Shadow item or Setzer USB/LMR. :catstare:
Steiner - Strictly CM fodder.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Oct 7, 2017

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
You did deserve that Squall BSB 2 after the VI pulls.

Meanwhile I gave all my energy to the dark magicite, which is to say I tried it once half assedly, and can safely say that a legend dived Raines isn't going to cut it here... at level 65. Maybe I'll come back later.

Afterwards did some fiddling with ice and got a single sub 30 with the newfangled Terra USB but it sure isn't consistent. Need to work on team building a bit here. Terra USB also gave me a sub 60 on the fire. Fight fire with fire as they say. Edge with USB helped a bit but he's level 70 now so not yet the Edgelord he some day will be.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Mithross posted:

Yea, it's a great burst on a wrathable healer.

Larsa's burst is a little worse (astra is more situational than stoneskin by a longshot), but he is an entrust user...
The healers themselves are situational. Y'shtola is my favorite general purpose healer, but Larsa and Deuce are better suited to magicite dungeons and Rosa is a better choice for fights where a wrathable M-blink is more healing than healing in general (and Y'shtola's USB doesn't quite cover that, unfortunately)

edit: Time to survey my loot:
Some of these are probably from the FFVI banner, though Umaro's BSB came from the 30 draw and Shadow's BSB came from one of the other 30th Anniversary pulls

USB
Alphinaud (I was expecting more from the EX effect. I'm probably going to be happier RW'ing this with Terra casting Valigarmanda and... Phoenix? drat)
Cecil (duuupes-I got an embarrassing number of these chasing Terra's USB last time, but knights have ridiculous synergy for FF4 now!)
Cloud (I chased this nearly as hard as I chased Terra's USB during the last fest)
Rikku
Seifer (caught me by surprise-I didn't even know this existed)
Shadow (diving Shadow was a knee jerk response to pulling this)
Shantotto
Squall (so, a stat stick? Apparently nobody wants to cast this if they already have Squall's BSB2)
Terra dupes (I chased her USB hard when it first came out; months later the dupes were welcome even though I was chasing Cloud's USB because I wanted a mega sword for Terra)
Tyro 2 (I love the animation. I got my brother into the game the day the 30-pull came out, and he did the anniversary newbie dungeons first and surprised me with a "KotR soul break")
Zidane (was looking for Cloud's USB, but I'll take it!)
OSB
Krile
Sephiroth (was looking for Cloud's USB, but I'll take it!)
BSB
Agrias (Gem pick)
Amarant
Barret
Larsa (CT pick)
Reks :shepface:
Rinoa 2 (whatever)
Rydia
Setzer
Shadow
Squall 2 (CMD1x3, then CMD2 isn't it?)
Umaro
Yuna 1 (I wanted Tiny Bee previously. Now I need two more)

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Oct 7, 2017

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I suppose I can make a list of prizes too, although mine is a good bit smaller since I didn't have mythril saved up before hand.

USB
Zidane (My grand prize for the whole fest since he's my favorite character. Bonus points for it being really great too.)
Tyro 2 (I guess this counts for something. I already have his USB1 though so it's mostly just nice for the mastery bonus)

OSB
Cloud (My only other thing for him is an ancient unique SB, so meh.)
Quistis (MOTHERFUCKIN' DOOMTRAIN. While poison is never really advantaged it's never really disadvantaged either. I have her BSB too, so she can wrath spam for EnPoisoned OSB uses which is rad.)

BSB
Warrior of Light (Pretty good knight burst, plus who doesn't wanna smack someone with a sentinel's shield)
Emperor (It's.... something.... I guess. It's a +Dark staff which is at least pretty cool.)
Minwu (Crystal Tower Bonus Selection. Picked purely for character biases despite there being far better options there. No Regrets.)

SSB
Jecht 1 (Meh.)
Jecht 2 (JORTS. From 100 gem on Dissidia banner. The SSB is meh, but it's +Dark light armor.)
Edward (This is a neat stacking faithga if you can bring a haste from elsewhere, nifty in combo with Krile's Sheepsong which I also have.)
Edea 1 (Dupe. Old and won't see use.)
Laguna 2 (Dupe. It's still an Imperil Ice so it's still useful.)
Raijin (Dupe. It's +Lightning armor though which is nice.)
Guy (Dupe x2. I now have an 8* axe. Neat)
Rydia (Dupe. It's now an 8* whip. Not super useful given I have Quistis' OSB whip. Oh well.)
Rikku (I have her BSB already but a hybrid stat mug SSB ain't bad. Prolly wont see use though.)

I'm happy with my haul despite it not being huge or full of a ton of awesome prizes. I got the One Thing I wanted plus got to kit out an additional husbando with the CT pull. Got some solid stat sticks too.

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003
Fenrir is an rear end and won't drop the final Enkidu I need to have all 3 wind 3-stars be able to get to 99...

Just needed to vent. I'm swimming in Fenrirs and Wing Raptors

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I have legend dived Lightning USB and BSB, what do I have to do to beat a friggin magicite dungeon? I feel like I have the tools, I just can't put it together arghhh

Stirdog
Oct 11, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I have legend dived Lightning USB and BSB, what do I have to do to beat a friggin magicite dungeon? I feel like I have the tools, I just can't put it together arghhh

Say more. What have you tried?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

triplexpac posted:

Take her. Two entrust bots. And two healers. Have some mix boosts and a last stand in there.

Feed sb bar to lightning while keeping her boosted. Constantly be using her USB and BSB whichever does most entry damage. Feed bars to your healers if they need it, keep last stand up at all times.

And wear water resist gear. Bismark has a variety of elemental magic, but water is the big one. If you have a gigas armlet and water res armor that's fine. The armor will overwrite the water weakness of the armlets.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Yeesh, all this easy sub-30 clears off Shadow USB are just making me even more salty that the only DPS USB I got from the whole fest is fuckin' WoL. Maxed-out Raines gives me easy sub-60 clears on both fights, but he doesn't have the instant burst to deal with these stupid gimmicks. Seriously if Mist Dragon didn't become invincible at ~22 seconds I might be able to pull this off but I'm not sure how I can pump out more burst to make that happen. Go mixed and try to use Sephiroth SSB->OSB shenanigans? Forego wall entirely and get Haste and dual-boost off the RW slot and pray I don't get exploded before Rosa can get the USB train rolling? Seriously looking for advice here, I've got so many Dark and Holy options that I should be able to manage something.

Course the dark is a whole other can of worms what with the 10-sec auto-kill timer. I've just been cheesing it with Galuf, but he really doesn't contribute anything dps-wise to the fight and just eats poo poo once his invuln runs out. Turns out boring monk with no haste and one atk buff isn't very good for magicite fights.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Black Fang completely bypassing KO resist is some real poo poo huh

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Thundercracker posted:

Take her. Two entrust bots. And two healers. Have some mix boosts and a last stand in there.

Feed sb bar to lightning while keeping her boosted. Constantly be using her USB and BSB whichever does most entry damage. Feed bars to your healers if they need it, keep last stand up at all times.

And wear water resist gear. Bismark has a variety of elemental magic, but water is the big one. If you have a gigas armlet and water res armor that's fine. The armor will overwrite the water weakness of the armlets.

I'll give that another shot! Whenever I've tried it I just can't get enough DPS. I've never bothered with last stand tho, just OK or Shout. I probably need to layer on more boosts, as you say.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
This magicite poo poo is seriously the first time I've considered quitting the game since release. I've got two down and dozens of attempts at the others but I just don't have the specific gear and it's really frustrating. All my best poo poo is dark or holy and I can't even access those yet. Had zero problems clearing every other piece of content except for perhaps parade float round one.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Can someone review my fest haul? Still a new player and am still learning what's good

USB

Terra - apocalypse
Auron- sprirtual blade
Vanille - brightwing staff
Setzer- final trump
Tyro- keepers frock

BSB

Refia- shura gloves
Locke- thief knife
Bartz- great sword
Ceodore- enhancer
Gladiolus- war sword
Relm - magical brus
Golbez - zeromus shard
Vanille- miseletein
Gogo - Mystics rod

SSB

Krile - fire lash
Irvine - bismark
Beatrix - ragnarok

OSB

Tyro- orbiter apocrypha
Paplymo- Lilith Rod zeta
Kuja - demons rod
Sephiroth- chirijraden

My main team so far has been Tyro, Bartz, Refia, Terra, and Vanille.

I also still have to pick my BSB from the 30th anniversary 11 pull.

Books On Tape fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Oct 7, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

acumen posted:

This magicite poo poo is seriously the first time I've considered quitting the game since release. I've got two down and dozens of attempts at the others but I just don't have the specific gear and it's really frustrating. All my best poo poo is dark or holy and I can't even access those yet. Had zero problems clearing every other piece of content except for perhaps parade float round one.

Don't sweat it too much. They really are the toughest fights in the game right now, but they're going to be around forever so you can take your time.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

acumen posted:

If it makes you feel any better magicite dungeons are still the hardest endgame content even in Japan. They're intentionally infuriating and intentionally require certain gear and at least one or two full legend dives.

I'm only able to beat 4 of them right now but if you wait long enough you'll get there after some lucky pulls and enough motes trickle in. They're not going away ever so there's no big rush to beat them all as soon as possible.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
The sub 30 completion reward for them isn't even that good. Most of the time jump start torments are a better use of stamina.

They are a good way to know which of your elements are weak so you can plan your pulls better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Books On Tape posted:

Can someone review my fest haul? Still a new player and am still learning what's good

USB

Terra - apocalypse
Auron- sprirtual blade
Vanille - brightwing staff
Setzer- final trump
Tyro- keepers frock

BSB

Refia- shura gloves
Locke- thief knife
Bartz- great sword
Ceodore- enhancer
Gladiolus- war sword
Relm - magical brus
Golbez - zeromus shard
Vanille- miseletein
Gogo - Mystics rod

SSB

Krile - fire lash
Irvine - bismark
Beatrix - ragnarok

OSB

Tyro- orbiter apocrypha
Paplymo- Lilith Rod zeta
Kuja - demons rod
Sephiroth- chirijraden

My main team so far has been Tyro, Bartz, Refia, Terra, and Vanille.

I also still have to pick my BSB from the 30th anniversary 11 pull.

You don't have much in the way of +Atk buffs, but you do have a pretty useful Tyro, an amazing Vanille, and the start of a decent wind team. Reifa's burst is great and so is Auron's Alkaid. While Locke's BSB is dated, he would give a lot of assistance to Auron and Reifa. You also have Setzer's USB which is an absolute no-brainer for Support, so I'd personally try those 5 out and see how it works.

• Locked thread