Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

McLauchin's pole lap for Bathurst was loving amazing. How the hell he didnt crash at McPhillamy I have no clue

Video

"You can now tell Greg Murphy that The Lap of the Gods has been totally whacked."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005
52 making a bid for freedom from the track

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

wheeeeee

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

WindyMan posted:

Video

"You can now tell Greg Murphy that The Lap of the Gods has been totally whacked."

you hosed up your url tag.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Xisticide posted:

52 making a bid for freedom from the track

That was amazing, he lawndarted that.

E: no 4 Corvette made a trip through the grass

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Looks like a good crowd even with the iffy weather. I guess this is nothing compared to the downpour a few years ago, ha.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

As awesome as this race is i cant wait until the new Joest Mazda and the Penske car break cover at the Roar next year. Im gonna need to see my doctor about my nonstop year long racing erection at that point.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Boom goes the 10.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

31 just got hosed over by a PC's tire.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Great video of the lap by McLaughlin:

http://www.supercars.com/videos/championship/full-lap-mclaughlin-completes-first-2-03-at-mount-panorama/?cat=default

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Helio's black and white helmet owns

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Looks like there is going to be some rain at Bathurst :getin:

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Always makes for exciting times. It's a good indicator of when it'll rain at my place. If it rains at the track it'll bit mine an hour later every time

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Old KB needing a walking stick these days. No wonder after the huge shunts he had in Formula 5000 in the 70s. John Goss isn't looking too bad

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

You Am I posted:

Looks like there is going to be some rain at Bathurst :getin:

I might have to try Bathurst in rain in PCars because it looks completely unsafe.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Hartley owns and I really hope he ends up in Indycar.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

harperdc posted:

I might have to try Bathurst in rain in PCars because it looks completely unsafe.

It's not the worst weather I've ever seen watching the race. There was one where the mist rolled in so not only was it wet you also couldn't see a thing. They're doing well to avoid safety cars atm though.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lol christ it's early but everyone's already contriving to gift the race to Whincup

also who the hell is the shithead in 97? he's giving Luke Youlden a run in the awful co-driver sweepstakes

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

[quote="“Feels Villeneuve”" post="“477161519”"]
Lol christ it’s early but everyone’s already contriving to gift the race to Whincup

also who the hell is the shithead in 97? he’s giving Luke Youlden a run in the awful co-driver sweepstakes
[/quote]

Commentators just discussing it may get worse weather-wise so you'd want your main driver in then.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Reynolds off now, I think all the front-runners have made mistakes or gotten penalties except Whincup/Dumbrell, this race is already going to enrage me

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Finally 88 makes a mistake lol

Stanaway is going to be one of the best drivers of the next 15 years once he gets a drive, he's already better than Cam Waters.

e) jesus christ Matt Campbell is garbage

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 8, 2017

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Triple 8 driver using a squeegee to clear the inside of his windscreen down Conrod Straight. Balls of steel

EDIT: Someone must be keeping a running tally of the number of cars losing it at Murray's Corner

You Am I fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 8, 2017

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
It'd be a third of the field by now wouldn't it?

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Don't think McLauglin is gonna make it to the end somehow.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lol Jason Bright is leading on merit

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Finally 88 makes a mistake lol

Stanaway is going to be one of the best drivers of the next 15 years once he gets a drive, he's already better than Cam Waters.

e) jesus christ Matt Campbell is garbage

Stanaway is with another Prodrive team, the Aston Martin GTE team in WEC. But looks like he's done a few Super2 races to prepare for the Supercars enduros this year.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Waters should feel bad at getting outclassed by Stanaway really, he has a great international reputation but Waters has been racing in the main game for like three years now.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

RIPenske, the pole car has succumbed to its motor problem.

They also just changed tires on that 6 Monster car so let's see if the tires were bad (as commentary just mentioned) or Stanaway is that class.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Good news is that 97 is back on the lead lap because SVG went nuts and was two seconds faster than the field

bad news is that I think they have to have another stint with Matt Campbell in the car

SVG is either going to fight his way through the field to the lead or will crash in the first few laps after the SC ends, I haven't decided yet

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Tanking the car back into the garage and quickly changing the suspension setup is probably less time than Campbell would lose with the current setup.

[E] SVG already up in the top 10? Dang

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

harperdc posted:

RIPenske, the pole car has succumbed to its motor problem.
I feel sorry for McLaughlan since he was so dominate during most of the weekend. Bathurst seems to be a place which he gets bad luck at

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
SVG winning with Campbell might actually be a bigger handicap than 2014 when Mostert won with Paul Morris.

e) in all seriousness one of my favorite things about Bathurst is seeing the young guys get a shot, and Stanaway is great and has a ton of hype, but Garry Jacobson had a fantastic stint in that 56 car.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
:siren: matt campbell back into 97 :siren:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
:siren: kangaroo SC :siren:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

This is the best.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lmao please god give #88 a penalty for an unfastened squeegee in the car

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
They attached it with magnets.
I don't remember the last time this much of the race was wet. Hasn't rained in months and now this.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think the last completely wet race here was 2000, when Bargwanna/Tander won.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lots of race left to run but Percat is doing a great job. Would love BJR to get a win here, they've gotten close in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
hahaha gently caress off #88

• Locked thread