Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

*every branch of government gives disproportionate power to whites*

wow just gonna let the people of wyoming STARVE are you lib??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Calibanibal posted:

the EC is so a small group of financially-independent elites could come together and pick a gentleman president from among themselves, gently caress off with this anti-democratic propaganda about states rights

Yeah, it's important to reiterate: the EC wasn't to offset the national popular vote, because there wasn't a popular vote to offset. State legislatures voted for their EC delegates for a good couple decades, and the only thing stopping them from doing that again is state laws. Some Republican legislators in PA talked about just assigning our EVs by fiat in 2012 before public outrage shut them up.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Virginia was by far the most populated state.

Just you know, not the voting kind.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 7, 2017

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Also Congress getting locked at 435 is bullshit and should also be changed.

It's not locked. Congress has to pass a law apportioning new seats.

They could do it today with a simple majority. They just never have since 1912.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ague Proof posted:

yes, but the north was far more populous than the south.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/916747884716011521
https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/916743769042636805
:suicide:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ague Proof posted:

Yeah but smart people knew even in 1780 that the North was going to overtake the South in importance before long.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah but smart people knew even in 1780 that the North was going to overtake the South in importance before long.

The north already was.

Virginia was the only southern state with a lot of people.

The biggest cities were Richmond, New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Boston.

The south only had two major ports and both of them were used primarily for slaving and agriculture exports in 1776.

The south was just agriculture, slaving, and exporting/importing the previous two. They had 1/3 of the people and no infrastructure for anything other than agriculture and slaving.

That's why the southern delegates were constantly paranoid about population-based measures and teamed up with small northern states to enshrine states rights and state-based representation in the constitution.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 7, 2017

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Oh my christ. Is this actually it.

Are we going to war? How long will it be with provocations until we reach a breaking point

Kale
May 14, 2010

Thanks don but I think I'll just be watching hockey instead of your senseless blathering and "stay tuned t find out what my rambling bullshit meant"

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Willo567 posted:

Are we going to war? How long will it be with provocations until we reach a breaking point

Willo didn't you say you weren't going to do this anymore? Anyway HAVE ANOTHER NORTH KOREA TWEET
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/916750042014404608

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Willo567 posted:

This is such a goofy gimmick

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Idiot.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/916751271960436737

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I hope Mike Huckabee falls into a vat of gravy and drowns.

Also anyone against proportional representation is an idiot and more than likely a Republican voter because no one else benefits from the current system more.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

I suspect he's targeting these at his generals, who keep telling him that no, he can't bomb North Korea.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Please do not go to war, you dipshit

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

only one thing will work! will someone please tell me what that one thing is?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

So what's the one weird trick that'll solve North Korea?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i am never ever ever ever gonna get over that he was president.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Fulchrum posted:

I think step one for Democrats going into 2018 is to have Kilroy bludgeoned to death. It's a small, but I think you will all agree, necessary step.
I'm up for this but only because I can't read your posts if I'm dead.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

i am never ever ever ever gonna get over that he was president.

Its going to take decades to repair your image around the globe, and thats assuming you dont elect him to a second term.

Kale
May 14, 2010

There's two scenarios here, either he's about to start a war or desperate for attention tonight. Either scenario is basically gently caress him and his never ending poo poo show. I just want to watch some loving hockey tonight and not have to worry about this poo poo for one loving day. I'm finding it less and less easy to sympathize with Americans lately too, like they elected this utter shitstain on humanity and kind of have to own it if it leads to war in particular

Kale fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 7, 2017

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

gret posted:

So what's the one weird trick that'll solve North Korea?

The yuugest, most luxurious Trump brand bombs. They make things explode bigly!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kale posted:

There's two scenarios here, either he's about to start a war or desperate for attention tonight. Either scenario is basically gently caress him and his never ending poo poo show. I just want to watch some loving hockey tonight and not have to worry about this poo poo for one loving day.

Im really hoping the Pens get shitstomped 10-1 again because gently caress that lovely team for supporting Trump after all the racist poo poo he said and did.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Furnaceface posted:

Its going to take decades to repair your image around the globe, and thats assuming you dont elect him to a second term.

Pretty please help us end ourselves, somehow.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

500? gently caress, I'd up it to 750 at least, if not more-proportionally, the House should be at more than a thousand by this point.

The issue is that reps still need to fraternize with each other. It's already difficult with how big the house is now, I can't imagine what it would be if you broke 500.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

Im really hoping the Pens get shitstomped 10-1 again because gently caress that lovely team for supporting Trump after all the racist poo poo he said and did.

That was amazing, especially Niemis stumble out f the gate and total unpreparedness

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Kale posted:

There's two scenarios here, either he's about to start a war or desperate for attention tonight. Either scenario is basically gently caress him and his never ending poo poo show. I just want to watch some loving hockey tonight and not have to worry about this poo poo for one loving day. I'm finding it less and less easy to sympathize with Americans lately too, like they elected this utter shitstain on humanity and kind of have to own it if it leads to war in particular

Hey, we voted for Hillary, Trump just won because of our dinner anti-democratic system.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kale posted:

Why the gently caress would you sympathize with americans, we are loving horrible.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Furnaceface posted:

it's loving ridiculous that we've lived/are living through 2 of the worst presidents ever.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Can't wait to watch Mick Huckabee goad the president of the united states into nuclear war on the premiere episode of his Christian TV show.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's loving ridiculous that we've lived/are living through 2 of the worst presidents ever.

lol if you don't count Reagan in that.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

Carter and Clinton weren't that bad

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Party Plane Jones posted:

lol if you don't count Reagan in that.

well i was a lil baby then. so yeah i guess it's 3 for some of the older folks.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I really don't think he's cognizant of the fact that if we preemptively go after NK, China is going to side with them. They have already said as much.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Office Pig posted:

Pretty please help us end ourselves, somehow.

Minnesota is already Canada-lite, may as well move there and hope they decide to become our next province. :v:

empty whippet box posted:

Why the gently caress would you sympathize with americans, we are loving horrible.

Its a weird part of Canadian culture. We envy, hate, love and sympathize with Americans all at the same time.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Calibanibal posted:

the EC is so a small group of financially-independent elites could come together and pick a gentleman president from among themselves, gently caress off with this anti-democratic propaganda about states rights

this is legit the most coherent post ive seen you make

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Oh for gently caress's sake, not this poo poo again :cripes:

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

So, like, Congress still has to declare war, right? Donald Trump can't nuke NK based on the war on terror, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Calm before the storm! It all makes sense now!

• Locked thread