Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

[quote="“Radioactive Toy”" post="“477151484”"]
Patiently awaiting my Ruiner refund to come through so I can pick up Cuphead tonight. Only WITHIN 6 HOURS remaining. Ruiner seemed like my jam but I just wasn’t feeling it right now.
[/quote]

Turns out stylish games are better at hype than gameplay. Skip cuphead and just play contra or treasure's astroboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaggitz posted:

Playing FF9 on the PS4, I watched my babysitter play through it in its entirety when i was like 9 or 10 and barely remember anything about it except for existential black mage robots. It's a very cool game and a lot of fun now that you can use the fast forward feature to absolutely destroy chocobo hot and cold.

I'm about to head into Terra with a fuckload of endgame weapons and gear. :getin:

Man, the music that plays in Terra is so good

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm playing Evil Within, trying to run through it before the sequel drops.

I feel like I could have guessed Mikami made it because it really does feel like he tried to squish REmake and RE4 together.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
a hat in time is one of the best 3d platformers i've played in years and felt like a blast the whole way through, though world 1 and 4 are rockier than 2 and 3 and the clock tower level in world 3 is a really weird addition. i got kinda weird vibes from the last boss, not cause it was a bad fight, but cause i felt the message the game was going with was cause kinda hosed up given some of the weirder context of the game's development, but that might've just been me overanalyzing stuff. ignoring that though the actual boss and level design was shockingly great and i'd rec the game to anyone looking for a good 3d platformer that takes a lot more cues from mario sunshine than it does banjo-kazooie, and actually does it all really drat well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The bad guy in this is just Dracula

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

In Training posted:

Lol in Shadow of War you get a permanent 3% XP bonus if you sign up for their newsletter.
What the hell

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Palpek posted:

What the hell

I mean that's less weird than the Totino's Pizza Rolls TM partnership or Destiny's pop tarts deal.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Has anyone tried the new monster hunter rpg on 3ds? It has a free demo. I'm waiting on it to download right now.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

chumbler posted:

I mean that's less weird than the Totino's Pizza Rolls TM partnership or Destiny's pop tarts deal.

Does anyone actually eat pizza rolls

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Internet Kraken posted:

Does anyone actually eat pizza rolls

*raises paw*

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Has anyone tried the new monster hunter rpg on 3ds? It has a free demo. I'm waiting on it to download right now.

The combat system is just kind of rock-paper-scissors except you can't tell your party member (monster) what attack to use.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2St6dvBv_4U

Just wanted to share this song I'm listening to because I like it and thought others might wanna listen to it as well.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FirstAidKite posted:

Welp. KCB and her friends are at the movies now. She brought me along cause I'm better at navigating roads than she is and she had to take some new roads to get to where her friend Jesus lives. Since I don't wanna sit through the MLP movie though, I'm sitting at a local gas station, using their wi-fi and listening to Yes and sipping some Snapple raspberry tea.

All in all, a solid day with no unfortunate events. I hope everyone else has the same kind of day, one where you get to just chill out and relax :)

I did, FirstAidKite. Similarly I ended up being waylay'd, I went to get some new tires put on my car and ended up with a 2 hour wait so I wandered around a nearby sorta super-strip-mall area and went into a bar and had a couple beers.

All in all a pretty chill day.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

XCOM 2's expansion's take on the nemesis system is about all I want from it: highly-visible tough enemies with distinct move sets and with randomized strengths and weaknesses, who mess with you often enough that you develop a hate for them, but rewarding when you bring them down

Simple, really

al-azad
May 28, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

Just wanted to share this song I'm listening to because I like it and thought others might wanna listen to it as well.

I'll be the rooooundabout!

Wait, no wrong opening.

In music related discoveries I'm pretty sure this song from Grandia came from a smudged sheet music of Mamae Eu Quero.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FirstAidKite posted:

ELP are good but this song just makes me think of Roundabout by Yes

which in turn makes me think of JoJo's

media is weird

E:

al-azad posted:

Wait, no wrong opening.

In music related discoveries I'm pretty sure this song from Grandia came from a smudged sheet music of Mamae Eu Quero.

Mah man

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Walk like an egyptian is cool but also a downgrade

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I have to say that Evil Within feels a bit rougher than I was expecting from the guy who directed RE4, even with warnings going into it that it was a flawed game.

Is there any reason to ever be punching things in this game? Or are we back to original RE1 knife levels for melee?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Man, it's a shame the developer of A Hat In Time is such a prick because Gears for Breakfast made a goddamn good video game. I am loving it so far.

Raxivace posted:

I have to say that Evil Within feels a bit rougher than I was expecting from the guy who directed RE4, even with warnings going into it that it was a flawed game.

Is there any reason to ever be punching things in this game? Or are we back to original RE1 knife levels for melee?

You only should be relying on melee if you're totally out of ammo, and even then you'll wanna upgrade it a little first. There's a reason melee upgrades are so cheap though, you can kill enemies in like 2 or 3 swings when it's maxed out. But I only really recommend doing it if you're not that great of a shot.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 7, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CJacobs posted:

Man, it's a shame the developer of A Hat In Time is such a prick because Gears for Breakfast made a goddamn good video game. I am loving it so far.

the finales to world 2 and 3 are two of the best moments in any platforming game i've ever played

tell me your thoughts on the last boss when you get there, cause i feel very weird about it and i wanna get some other perspectives to see if i'm just reading too much into it based on the stuff with jontron and the lead dev

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Walk like an egyptian is cool but also a downgrade

They're both great but this is the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSHsPtUMDBs

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

Tried playing a bit of Smash Bros Brawl again since I haven't touched it in like five years. When you're doing well in a battle the crowd starts chanting the character's name, and if you play as Snake they go, 'Snake, Snake, Snakeeeee!'; it's a neat touch that I hadn't noticed before

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Colonel posted:

the finales to world 2 and 3 are two of the best moments in any platforming game i've ever played

tell me your thoughts on the last boss when you get there, cause i feel very weird about it and i wanna get some other perspectives to see if i'm just reading too much into it based on the stuff with jontron and the lead dev

I will keep it in mind.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Doki Doki Literature Club is good. I enjoyed myself!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

Doki Doki Literature Club is good. I enjoyed myself!

In Japan it's called Super Mario Bros 2.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
guardian heroes still freezes on the exact same level as it did when i tried it a year ago. sega saturn emulation ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mr.Kattykat posted:

Tried playing a bit of Smash Bros Brawl again since I haven't touched it in like five years. When you're doing well in a battle the crowd starts chanting the character's name, and if you play as Snake they go, 'Snake, Snake, Snakeeeee!'; it's a neat touch that I hadn't noticed before

Why play brawl instead of 4? Just curious, unless it's purely hardware limited. I love Brawl

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

In Training posted:

Why play brawl instead of 4? Just curious, unless it's purely hardware limited. I love Brawl

I always found Smash Bros to be a good party game but my friends and I don't have as much time to get together so I just never picked up 4. I have a Wii U sitting but it's pretty much just a PlatinumGames machine now

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

I did, FirstAidKite. Similarly I ended up being waylay'd, I went to get some new tires put on my car and ended up with a 2 hour wait so I wandered around a nearby sorta super-strip-mall area and went into a bar and had a couple beers.

All in all a pretty chill day.

Woohoo for chill days.

We're back home now. KCB and Jesus enjoyed the cartoon horse film and Jesus was talking about how he wants someone to GM that my little pony tabletop game hasbro put out. KCB wants someone to GM it as well and has said she'd like me to GM it if she can find players for it so I guess if/when she gets it, I'm gonna be GMing it -oh boy- lol

al-azad posted:

Wait, no wrong opening.

Hahaha yeah those were my thoughts first time I heard the song too.

Zaphod42 posted:

They're both great but this is the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSHsPtUMDBs

I still wish they'd used Shiny Happy People instead but oh well. Hopefully for part 5 they'll go with Fantastic Voyage by Coolio and Johnny Cash's God's Gonna Cut You Down for Part 6 and Kansas' Carry On My Wayward Son for Part 7.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Found a scooter. Is there a thread for A Hat In Time? I looked but maybe I missed it.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Nice.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoieBktW1uw

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm always attitude for some Fellow Feeling

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The B button should be a little Samus helmet

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Thanks to the free Amnesia collection I started a machine for pigs and I dunno it's pretty much just as good as the first one and Soma even though I know it was made by someone else. Not sure why it was panned

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Samuringa posted:

I'm always attitude for some Fellow Feeling

But do you have an attitude for gains?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

Thanks to the free Amnesia collection I started a machine for pigs and I dunno it's pretty much just as good as the first one and Soma even though I know it was made by someone else. Not sure why it was panned

How far in are you?

The criticism I've read mostly stemmed from the plot being kinda hokey and uninspired and a lack of interactivity with the environment and not doing all that great of a job of keeping the tension going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

[quote="“chumbler”" post="“477156624”"]
In Japan it’s called Super Mario Bros 2.
[/quote]

Super mario bros usa

• Locked thread