Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Just chiming in to add to the Jimbe is awesome crowd, and I'm hoping Jimbe goes full Initial D with his crazy sailing techniques.

Also, looking forward to Katakuri pulling Totally Not Purple Hermit out of his rear end in the near future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i just wanna see how luffy beats katakuri...............

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
DogtoothFan87

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

AradoBalanga posted:

I'm hoping Jimbe goes full Initial D with his crazy sailing techniques.

Multi wave drifting?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

anime was right posted:

i just wanna see how luffy beats katakuri...............

Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to the "Oh poo poo" look on his face when he realizes Luffy is going to beat him and he can't change it despite his haki.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

tsob posted:

Multi wave drifting?

multi-sea drifting

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
One thing I look forward to is KK's eventual, inevitable shift into the usual One Piece artstyle.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

One thing I look forward to is KK's eventual, inevitable shift into the usual One Piece artstyle.

Katakuri is Duval's half-brother

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

We have gone a while without a good Enelface reaction...

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
i had a post like forever ago in this thread saying jinbei was gonna be the helmsman cause thats what he was on the oro jackson but some goons had the nerve to question the best fish in one piece (gently caress you laboon)

but im glad everyone seems be be on the jinbei sea train now

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
now i cant wait until carrot gets left back at zou because shes not nakama but a very nice girl

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It's okay, she'll get a cover arc with her OTP Wanda as part of the armada.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

drjuggalo posted:

i had a post like forever ago in this thread saying jinbei was gonna be the helmsman cause thats what he was on the oro jackson

Do you mean on the Sun Pirates ship, which I don't recall ever being named, because the Oro Jackson was Roger's ship; and Jinbe wasn't on that. I don't recall Jinbe ever clarifying his position in the Sun Pirates before becoming captain either.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

drjuggalo posted:

i had a post like forever ago in this thread saying jinbei was gonna be the helmsman cause thats what he was on the oro jackson but some goons had the nerve to question the best fish in one piece (gently caress you laboon)

but im glad everyone seems be be on the jinbei sea train now

whales aren't fish!!!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

bats aren't bugs

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Fishmen aren't fish.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
well poo poo i just assumed a dude named fisher tiger would captain the oro jackson but im stupid. jinbei IS steering in all the flashbacks in FI to fisher tiger when theyre sailing on whatever ship theyre on

derra
Dec 29, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

We have gone a while without a good Enelface reaction...

Pudding gave one mocking Sanji to Reiju.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AradoBalanga posted:

Just chiming in to add to the Jimbe is awesome crowd, and I'm hoping Jimbe goes full Initial D with his crazy sailing techniques.

Initial D you say?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blaze Dragon posted:

Initial D you say?

The scientific name of whale sharks is "Rhincodon typus".

Rhinco D Ontypus.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

drjuggalo posted:

well poo poo i just assumed a dude named fisher tiger would captain the oro jackson but im stupid. jinbei IS steering in all the flashbacks in FI to fisher tiger when theyre sailing on whatever ship theyre on

why would the oro jackson be captained by fisher tiger and not gold roger in your mind?

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Elfgames posted:

why would the oro jackson be captained by fisher tiger and not gold roger in your mind?

because like i said im stupid and something about fisher tiger and oro jackson fit together in my head

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

drjuggalo posted:

because like i said im stupid and something about fisher tiger and oro jackson fit together in my head

i mean fair enough it's just weird to not tie the gold jackson and gold roger together

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I just want to stop and appreciate the fact that Oro Jackson is a drat good name for a boat.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Lpzie posted:

I hope Oda doesn't get into a near fatal situation and then have his life outlook change so he does things like self insert himself into his manga and have his characters know they are in a comic.

wait, what?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Stephen King did that in The Dark Tower series after he was hit by a van.

VIZ are releasing the colour walk compilations in hardcover three at a time which is great news. Normally I don't like omnbuses because they are awkward to read and end up with creased spines even if you're a cautious cat. For this release though they are hardcover to prevent that and also individual colour walk releases are usually fairly thin so a 3 in 1 is a good size. They'll also include interviews and other things in English as well. Colour Walks are these for anyone who's unfamiliar with the name

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I can't handle this wait

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

RC Cola posted:

I can't handle this wait

its only like 10 more days!!

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

anime was right posted:

its only like 10 more days!!

You can do a lot of things in 10 days. I watched the entire first season of Hajime no Ippo in 10 days. That was a good 10 days.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

TriffTshngo posted:

You can do a lot of things in 10 days. I watched the entire first season of Hajime no Ippo in 10 days. That was a good 10 days.

even with a job?????

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Quit your job to watch anime.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
To the guy who was complaining about everyone rear end pulling ridiculous theories in the hopes of being validated later on:

That's actually the reason I avoided saying poo poo about Pudding back in the great Pudding debate of '65 pages ago! But we're far enough along I feel a bit more confident in my personal little prediction here. Normally I do just keep this poo poo to myself, but this arc really is a wild ride. If i'm invested enough in it to change my avatar, i'm gonna make a post about it.

I'm putting 1,000 beli down on Pudding getting a tragic rear end backstory flashback soon that ties her into the Charlotte and Lola drama, somehow. It's gonna be Senior Pink levels of sad and prove just how hosed up and awful Big Mom's tyrannical family angle at pirating really is.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
they already did her backstory on why shes so hosed up

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

RC Cola posted:

I can't handle this wait

Post your favorite one piece panels to pass the time

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Wedding Cake is going to be the new ACCCEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU in the anime isn't it. I can see this escape being, at least, 30 episodes.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Rank the straw hats by fashion sense. There are correct answers.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Rank the straw hats by fashion sense. There are correct answers.

Cowgirl Robin > Brook > Sanji > Nami > Usopp > Boring Robin > Franky = Zoro > Luffy > Chopper

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

dapper brook > whatever > soul king brook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oda please sell an official Doskoi Panda shirt.