Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when a racist baseball player bankrupted Rhode Island with a world of Warcraft ripoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!

.... what was he trying to say?

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

White Rock posted:

.... what was he trying to say?

"A" vagina. Unfortunately, it came out as "mom's vagina"

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Also apparently sometimes he's into doing dudes

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Taintrunner posted:

when a racist baseball player bankrupted Rhode Island with a world of Warcraft ripoff

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

cards against humanity is worse than trump

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
Enron. just lol

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when Wall Street fuckin destroyed the economy and nearly destroyed America so we gave Wall Street a bunch of money

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Eric Prince, Betsy DeVos' brother, claimed it was his Blackwater thugs who took down the guy who threw shoes at W when it was actually the Secret Service.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
george double-u bush essentially shut down the EPA for 8 years and buried all of their climate research because his family is horny for oil

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

Enron. just lol

haha the equivalent of the nation of France recalled their president because a company was intentionally sabotaging the power grid

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
the Atlanta compromise https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_compromise

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
farmers campaigning for brexit

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I like how our history books equate WEB DuBois and Booker T Washington was equals in the early civil rights struggle when Washington was just awful

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

MrBishop
Sep 30, 2006

I see what you did there...

Soiled Meat
I miss the 2008 election cycle
Mensa members :heart: Sarah

I believe a goon made this video, btw, and it is a work of art

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

zegermans posted:

I like how our history books equate WEB DuBois and Booker T Washington was equals in the early civil rights struggle when Washington was just awful

bunch of monuments are coming down in baltimore and hopefully web dubois gets a statue

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I can't get over how psychotic Frankie Muniz looks

DKD
Dec 25, 2011
LF's fat gay muslim pants fund is villainously misappropriated

But really, LF circa 2007 (maybe also 2011?) was some kind of golden age, before descending into unironically ironic presidential-assassination-plotting maoism-third-worldism

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
when a big rig truck intentionally slammed into the side of the california capitol building in the middle of the night for no discernable reason back in 2001

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBxm-LcQyt0

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
just remembered this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K0sRkvX4KE

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

bannon being terrified in saudi arabia

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

remember when the roots used an instrumental to call michelle bachman a lyin rear end bitch

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

breitbart spending all day politicizing the weinstein stuff and then it turned out bannon owned a company with him

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The Speaker of the House was molesting boys and only went to jail because the hush money he was paying broke the law about bank withdrawal reporting.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
he just got outta prison after serving 13 months

Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

I remember when LF was shutdown for making fun of grover house and was blamed on some threat made in FYAD

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Both of these facts=cool/good

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Ostiosis posted:

I remember when LF was shutdown for making fun of grover house and was blamed on some threat made in FYAD

I thought it was because of secret service visits to Lowtax

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
groverhaus

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
:grovertoot:

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

DKD posted:

LF's fat gay muslim pants fund is villainously misappropriated

But really, LF circa 2007 (maybe also 2011?) was some kind of golden age, before descending into unironically ironic presidential-assassination-plotting maoism-third-worldism
I remember at some point in 2007 checking the user counts and some significant majority of people logged in at any given time were in LF

and there were like tens of thousands of people logged in all the time if im remembering right (im probably not remembering right)

THS
Sep 15, 2017

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

I remember at some point in 2007 checking the user counts and some significant majority of people logged in at any given time were in LF

and there were like tens of thousands of people logged in all the time if im remembering right (im probably not remembering right)

it was pretty substantial and had a huge effect on online

post that

it was real

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Ron Jeremy posted:

I thought it was because of secret service visits to Lowtax

The way I remember it there were two visits. The first one was from an LF post but it survived for awhile after that. The second one that resulted in LF getting shut down was from a FYAD post. LF wasn't suddenly killed off so much as it was slowly strangled to death. The last year or so was absolute garbage due to the IKs being put in charge and randomly banning people and the stupid forums cancer poo poo. All the good posters were driven away and by the time it was actually killed off it was merciful and the reason didn't really matter.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

I remember when Bin Laden was killed LF had the most users by far.

mags
May 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Zell Miller challenging Chris Hayes to a duel