Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Make sure he's not crossing his fingers behind his back again :colbert:

He's totally crossing his fingers behind his back again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

So, Mole Man has the proportional strength of a mole right? Wouldn't that exponential ratio be worse because the mole is larger than a spider?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mole man doesn't have any super powers. he's just really good at hitting people in the shins with a stick

he is a genius and has bargain bin daredevil hearing tho

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Manatee Cannon posted:

mole man doesn't have any super powers. he's just really good at hitting people in the shins with a stick

he is a genius and has bargain bin daredevil hearing tho

He thought himself how to fight with a stick.
He is basically like the Star Wars Kid, only in the NSM universe that makes him like the Juggernaut.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
"While you were out partying, I studied the stick"

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Samuringa posted:

"While you were out partying, I studied the stick"

Look man, we all masturbated in high school.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I think we all still study the stick in that regard.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Is that the reason his eyesight's so bad?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:stare:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Uncle Moley just making GBS threads all over the very premise of Spider-Man is somehow deeply appropriate.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Peter, you just fought with a sentient racoon against a space robot and got shrunk to the size of an insect before that. You've also worked with Thor multiple times. The Thor. Not 'A' Thor.

And Melvin, quit being a :smug: neckbeard. You are a literal Mole Man. How do you even know about that anyway?

I think I hit terminal velocity with this storyline.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

They're just gonna keep bickering while Tyrannus whithers into dust :allears:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
So he's magically enchanted to be unable to break a vow, except before it didn't count because he was crossing his fingers behind his back.

God I love NSM.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

So he's magically enchanted to be unable to break a vow, except before it didn't count because he was crossing his fingers behind his back.

God I love NSM.

Imperial vow: his promise with Kala was matrimonial.

I would be looking forward to Mr T break this vow also but laws of NSM universe decree all conflict must be solved with minimal participation by Spidey. Tyrannicus actually keeping his vow for realsies this time (look we can see both his hands) is the best way to resolve this story.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

If he does keep his word, that means he gets to continue ruling Subterranea and Melvin gets to move to the surface and marry Aunt May!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

So much lampshading :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tiggum posted:

If he does keep his word, that means he gets to continue ruling Subterranea and Melvin gets to move to the surface and marry Aunt May!

Hell loving yes.

Keep your word, Tyrannus!

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

he's only vowing not to attack them

he could still wreak havoc on the surface world perfectly fine :smug:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

someone awful. posted:

he's only vowing not to attack them

he could still wreak havoc on the surface world perfectly fine :smug:

it's going to be this :cripes:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
tbh that would result in actual superheros turning up to kerb him, so it would still work out.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Wait, if he got eternal youth from Merlin, why does he need the Fountain in the first place?

... Did Merlin lease the Fountain?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
"Ahhhhh, after fifteen hundred years I'm free! It's time to conquer Earth!"

*Ten minutes later, Tyrannus is lying face-down in a crater, the Avengers and Spidey standing in a circle around him*

Cap: "Who was this guy anyway?"
:spidey:: "Oh, just a centuries-old former Roman Emperor who's been granted immortality by Merlin. You know, regular stuff."
Thor: "Thou art pulling mine leg."

Random kid, shouting from the background: "Hey Spidey, why aren't you an Avenger?"

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Well he does have an army of monsters. Although that just brings up the question of how he manages to control them when the only power he is shown to have is not dying of old age.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ikasuhito posted:

Well he does have an army of monsters. Although that just brings up the question of how he manages to control them when the only power he is shown to have is not dying of old age.
Honestly? Probably just because he beat up Mole Man so now they have to obey him instead.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Mikl posted:

Random kid, shouting from the background: "Hey Spidey, why aren't you an Avenger?"

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
He's promised not to attack him, he said nothing about the structure they were in

it totally doesn't count if he's just sealing them under rock, he didn't attack them, just the tunnel they happened to be in at the time

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh nooooooo

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Jerusalem posted:

Oh nooooooo

this never stops being funny to me. ever.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

The Unnamed One posted:

Wait, if he got eternal youth from Merlin, why does he need the Fountain in the first place?

... Did Merlin lease the Fountain?

If we go by the standard canon, he was banished to Subterranea by Merlin after an attempt to invade Camelot. He then discovered a cache of equipment made by the Deviants and while using it later just happened to discover the fountain of youth.

They could go in a lot of crazy ways if they weren't obviously wrapping this up nicely (in a few months). Anything involving the Deviants would be taking us on the fast road to "Jack Kirby having a wild time", which the artist would probably enjoy.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It's kind of a weird thing for Merlin to demand in exchange for eternal youth. "When you make a promise under these very specific circumstances, you must keep it for realsies! Agreed? Very well. Here is the Fountain of Youth. OK bye now."

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
Spider-man has such weird story archs

It's weird when you find the comic strips that are part of the classics that I remember reading a _long_ time ago, like this one below; (My version)

Greggster fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Oct 9, 2017

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

just casually namedropping merlin now i guesS?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Begemot posted:

They're just gonna keep bickering while Tyrannus whithers into dust :allears:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Whelp, he's dead.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

"I feel as if I've aged another week while we were having this conversation."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

So if he loses his hair from rapid aging, does it grow back immediately or is he going to look like a young chemo patient for a while?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

"I'll do what I can."

Pray for Tyrannus.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I wonder how much the artist hates drawing all those details on Tyrannus' aged face

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Don't know if it helps but Merlin existing is kind of a canon thing in Marvel. Maybe this means Black Knight is coming by next, but I hope not. Because he sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Scaramouche posted:

Don't know if it helps but Merlin existing is kind of a canon thing in Marvel. Maybe this means Black Knight is coming by next, but I hope not. Because he sucks.

Or maybe Captain Britain!

Or... a DC crossover with The Demon?

• Locked thread