Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Looper posted:

The 3DS is uncomfortable in general

I'm so glad we're getting another console Monster Hunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

[quote="“Looper”" post="“477165583”"]
[/quote]

Sure.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

[quote="“Olive!”" post="“477165611”"]
I’m so glad we’re getting another console Monster Hunter.
[/quote]

Yeah

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
lol is this shot from the stealth level in A Hat In Time the MGS2 Tanker callback that it appears to be?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Been seeing this from a lot of different people lately, did the phone app break or something?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Olive! posted:

Been seeing this from a lot of different people lately, did the phone app break or something?

It’s not exclusive to the phone app.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

LawfulWaffle posted:

It’s not exclusive to the phone app.

Then what is it? That was my best guess because I don't use the forums on a phone.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Neuroshima Hex is a board game a like and this is some art for an upcoming expansion that I wanted to share with you all because I think Neuroshima Hex art is kinda silly but also kinda fun and yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Olive! posted:

Then what is it? That was my best guess because I don't use the forums on a phone.

iOS 11's default settings break quotes is what it is

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Looper posted:

tbh I didn't have many control problems with using a stick on Samus Returns but I would have much rather played on a regular controller than on the 3DS.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hell yeah, El Viento. A game about an anime girl ninja-ing her way across america to stop the mafia from reviving cthulhu's half-brother hastur.

Also the second game in a trilogy that started with that game Ernest Evans which is mostly notable for not being very good and having some QWOP-like animations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GWUA2M37lM

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

This is the worst part of all this recent forum weirdness

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

:drat:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

This is the worst part of all this recent forum weirdness

I know right? It just makes me so mad!!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

FirstAidKite posted:

Also the second game in a trilogy that started with that game Ernest Evans which is mostly notable for not being very good and having some QWOP-like animations.

first game, actually. earnest evans was the prequel, which they slapped as the head of the entire trilogy in the third game for some reason. the series was always about anett just loving people up

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Colonel posted:

first game, actually. earnest evans was the prequel, which they slapped as the head of the entire trilogy in the third game for some reason. the series was always about anett just loving people up

Huh. Weird.

Unrelated (or maybe related, idk), I found this neat crowdfunding thing for a Hardcore Gaming 101 book about obscure Japanese video games. It looks interesting and I've always enjoyed reading HG101's articles about random stuff.

https://unbound.com/books/japanese-video-game-obscurities

Maybe someone here would be interested in it. $25 for a hardback copy doesn't seem that bad for something like that.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hopefully it fares better than the untold history of japanese game developers, in literally any respect

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Colonel posted:

hopefully it fares better than the untold history of japanese game developers, in literally any respect

Tell me more, what happened with that? Was that a failed HG101 crowdfunded book or was it successfully crowdfunded but ended up being really lovely or something else?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

FirstAidKite posted:

Tell me more, what happened with that? Was that a failed HG101 crowdfunded book or was it successfully crowdfunded but ended up being really lovely or something else?

an old hg101 writer crowdfunded it and uh

well

basically the guy self-destructed his entire loving career with a ridiculous legal battle with the lady who translated metal gear solid 2 because he got angry at the interpreters her sister hired for him

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Oct 8, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Colonel posted:

an old hg101 writer crowdfunded it and uh

well

basically the guy self-destructed his entire loving career with a ridiculous legal battle with the lady who translated metal gear solid 2 because he got angry at the interpreters her sister hired for him

Do you have an article link or something that'll go into more detail, because jeeze, what would a lawsuit even be about in that case? "I don't like the interpreters this person's sister provided for me, I want to sue her" is so out there.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
someone posted a big write-up on what happened a while back but i don't have the link, there's a loooooooooot of stuff to summarize and pretty much everyone involved did increasingly more bizarre, insane stuff

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

al-azad posted:

Aw, they changed the spelling in later versions. In the PS1 version it's zenogias which is is literally Xenogears' katakana and everything wrong with that game's localization.
It was an edited picture.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I'm so :stoked: for monster hunter you guys, everything just looks so good and you can even customize your felyne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgFs_JFQRxw

what a great cat...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
el viento is kind of awesome but at the same time completely terrible in a very trashy genesis game way that's just hilarious for how much crazy poo poo they toss at you with zero cohesion or telegraphing

last boss just kind of sucked though

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FirstAidKite posted:

Do you have an article link or something that'll go into more detail, because jeeze, what would a lawsuit even be about in that case? "I don't like the interpreters this person's sister provided for me, I want to sue her" is so out there.

Here's something I found after some Googling:

http://versusjs.blogspot.com/2014/04/joint-statement-regarding-criminal-case.html

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hahahahahahaha what the hell

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Does he have a brother named James who is also a lawyer?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

these people are still fuckin going at it :psyduck:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FirstAidKite posted:

Hahahahahahaha what the hell

The White Dragon posted:

these people are still fuckin going at it :psyduck:

Yeah, no kidding. I wonder if it's made any former developers a little wary with wanting to deal with any strange foreigners that are interested in delving into some of the early days of games dev.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there's a guy doing a manga series about stuff he learned talking with games industry veterans that's pretty cool, but it's super obscure, there's only one chapter in english and it's on a japanese site. it's a shame cause it talks about some interesting stuff, the whole first chapter focuses on nasir gebelli, the crazy programmer dude who worked on the early ff games and secret of mana and is now best friends with both john romero and hironobu sakaguchi

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

al-azad posted:

Aw, they changed the spelling in later versions. In the PS1 version it's zenogias which is is literally Xenogears' katakana and everything wrong with that game's localization.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well I finally finished Yakuza 5.

70 hours played, 47% completion :shepicide:

Gotta admit I teared up a bit at Huraka's speech at the end.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
As a left hander, I find myself struggling a bit with 3ds games that require using the stylus with the dpad/stick. I can usually cope, but most controls aren't built with handedness in mind, and that gets worse when writing or drawing are involved.

I'd love a left handed 3ds. :sun:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So Agents of Mayhem kinda just came and went, huh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll quite happily play it when it's (even more) in the bargain bin after Christmas.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Volition had to layoff a bunch of staff a few weeks ago I think

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Jay Rust posted:

It's a bad game with fun combat like destiny 1 but in tyool 2017 where goty candidates are released every other week there's no reason to play i

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Isn't Agents of Mayhem one of those games that took an absurdly long time to develop?

• Locked thread