Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Ketchup only on the side of extremely crispy, hot fries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Tiny breads were the epitome of class in the 1970s. My family used to go to some steakhouse where they would make a huge deal about bringing piping-hot tiny bread to your table. It was just bread.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Hey, real quick: what the gently caress is up with everyone who just lives for prattling on about food preferences? What's fun, engaging or interesting about "I like food x." "x is for loving CHILDREN" "I eat x with food y and I don't like when they touch!" "x is objectively good/bad and I don't understand that other people have their reasons for liking/disliking it"? I just don't fuckin' get why this keeps happening, and why so many people get so stoked to engage in these pointless conversations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

poop dood posted:

I just don't fuckin' get why this keeps happening, and why so many people get so stoked to engage in these pointless conversations.
People take food really, really personally. It's the same reason the mere concept of vegetarians causes arguments and smugness, or why you get the occassional weirdo trying to 'test' to see if someone's food allergies are real or not.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Ketchup is a sometimes food. I'll put it on eggs, but not on, like, steak.

For me, it's got to be the Ketchup without HFCS since that tastes closer to what I remember it tasting like when I was a kid, and it's either on fries or scrambled egg sandwiches.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

poop dood posted:

Hey, real quick: what the gently caress is up with everyone who just lives for prattling on about food preferences? What's fun, engaging or interesting about "I like food x." "x is for loving CHILDREN" "I eat x with food y and I don't like when they touch!" "x is objectively good/bad and I don't understand that other people have their reasons for liking/disliking it"? I just don't fuckin' get why this keeps happening, and why so many people get so stoked to engage in these pointless conversations.

On that note, what's with people who read threads for months and then bitch about the discussions therein? What a bunch of pineapple pizza placenta pastries!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

On that note, what's with people who read threads for months and then bitch about the discussions therein? What a bunch of pineapple pizza placenta pastries!

I want those pastries small please, extra ketchup.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Samizdata posted:

I want those pastries small please, extra ketchup.

Only got one left, but you're welcome to it:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Cheers!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Haifisch posted:

You have opened a portal to the pizza dimension.

From last page, but that almost looks exactly like a disgusting pizza I ordered last weekend. If the black stuff is balsamic glaze/vinegar/whatever (it just said balsamic) and there are bits of anchovies in it, then that is it. It was my fault for not bothering to google translate before drunkenly ordering it, but every other pizza place's "pizza diavolo" is just pepperoni, onions and hot peppers. Adding balsamic and anchovies just creates an abomination that is simultaneously too sweet and way too salty from the anchovies.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

As a french person, I'm deeply offended :france:
Also, what a terrible looking croissant.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Ketchup is ok I guess if you get the kind that tastes more like vinegar than sugar, and put it on eggs or french fries. :shrug:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Zanael posted:

As a french person, I'm deeply offended :france:
Also, what a terrible looking croissant.

It's from Costco, too.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Have some baking fails!

(is this a thing?)

WHAT IS IT

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Indian Maggi ketchup > other ketchup.

I'm usually anti-ketchup on hot dogs, but I wouldn't turn it down if it were a component of the local style of hot dog—like in Sweden, or wherever.

I can't come up with a defense for yellow mustard except that it looks pleasant in a clean, unbroken squiggle.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I like yellow mustard on a soft pretzel but that's the only situation I can think of.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Have some baking fails!

Don't talk nonsense. All pretzels are beautiful.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Have some baking fails!

WHAT IS IT

Boiled whole liver in an plain aspic nest?
Floppy chocolate mousse fenced in with chopped lemon jelly?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Pookah posted:

I am getting a terrifying vision of horribly overcooked pseudo-potatoes au gratin. I got nothing on the pink stuff though.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

oh we've come back to cooking with placenta, i see

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pookah posted:

It's almost certainly sloppy chocolate pudding in fruit jello.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

elise the great posted:

Is that boudin? Oh god it's crying out for mustard and white bread

It is boudin! I finally found a barbecue place around here that has it and I'm going to eat it as often as I can.

I agree with you about the mustard, but I fall squarely on the saltine cracker side of the fence.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Have some baking fails!

(is this a thing?)

Yeah, for some reason some people have taken to 'hard boiling' their eggs by baking them. Supposedly an easier route? :shrug:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

Yeah, for some reason some people have taken to 'hard boiling' their eggs by baking them. Supposedly an easier route? :shrug:

It's easier in my experience but it's really easy to overcook them, which can make them explode like presumably happened in that picture.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

How hard is boil pot of salted water, remove from heat, set timer for desired yolk consistency?

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Have some baking fails!

I'm amazed someone could know enough about baking to use/own a silpat and screw up their cookies that badly.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Enfys posted:

How hard is boil pot of salted water, remove from heat, set timer for desired yolk consistency?

My "stove" (more like a 2 burner hotplate) sucks rear end and can't really bring a pot to a hard boil so it's a crapshoot whether they come out as rock-hard or snot consistency. Lately I just use my instant pot pressure cooker thing to do them and it's pretty good, the shell peels off much easier than any other method although i did get one exploded egg last time I did it.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

the small plates place in my neighborhood hired a new chef, who presents to us "Haida Gwai Tuna Tartar"

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Cakefarts Carol posted:

the small plates place in my neighborhood hired a new chef, who presents to us "Haida Gwai Tuna Tartar"

Hmm...w-would? Sorry, but nothing here looks outright offensive to me...

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
looks like ceviche with fatty pork on top.

would

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

vlad3217 posted:

I'm amazed someone could know enough about baking to use/own a silpat and screw up their cookies that badly.

At least the cleanup will be a breeze!

Silpat rocks. Whereas those cookies are rocks.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Cakefarts Carol posted:

That's some pretty nice-looking tuna tartare. On top I think that's thinly-sliced fried green tomatoes? Looks tasty, would eat.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Looks like deep fried lotus root to me, and the dish looks perfectly fine and normal.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Kinda agree with that guy that said ketchup is for kids, with the exception of hot dogs and french fries it pretty much has no place on any other dish.

As a kid though I would put that sugary red poo poo on everything...

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Cakefarts Carol posted:

That looks delicious, but it is a little tacky to try to compare it to the art on Haida Gwaii.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Maybe it's just the arty food photography perspective making it look bigger than it is, but like most fine dining food it looks unwieldy to eat. I don't want food where I need to look up a walkthrough on how to eat it right.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

It's just a cylinder shaped pile of ceviche

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Maybe it's just the arty food photography perspective making it look bigger than it is, but like most fine dining food it looks unwieldy to eat. I don't want food where I need to look up a walkthrough on how to eat it right.

:confused:

You either use a fork, or you scoop it onto whatever the garnish is on top. Not very difficult. Do you have a brain problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Ziv Zulander posted:

:confused:

You either use a fork, or you scoop it onto whatever the garnish is on top. Not very difficult. Do you have a brain problem?

Hint: username/post combo