Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Darchangel posted:

Also reminds me that I have a damaged RX-7 (FC) that might want to be a ute....

That's even easier, just take off the hatch and weld on a rear bulkhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Get a load of this: https://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/d/1977-amc-pacer-custom-wagon/6333589792.html :shrek:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

gets lots of tension at shows

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

KakerMix posted:

Please sir no tension

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

KakerMix posted:

shows make it nervous, like a small dog in a thunderstorm.

oh look, it's the harder to find 2 door and the driver seat missing a screw is the most important info they can think of to include in the ad

https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/d/cherokee-jeep/6335141783.html

winter.mute fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Oct 6, 2017

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

winter.mute posted:

oh look, it's the harder to find 2 door and the driver seat missing a screw is the most important info they can think of to include in the ad

Mileage would be nice, but it says it's 4x4 and manual on the sidebar (if correct), and the tailgate says it's a 4.0, so there's the pertinent info.

Edit: ideally, yeah, that info should be in the text, too. Maybe whether or not it has AC.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Larrymer posted:

That's even easier, just take off the hatch and weld on a rear bulkhead.

That's more or less the plan. I'd like to try for a functioning tailgate, though, too.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

winter.mute posted:

Um yeah I'd have to jump on that real quick like.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Um yeah I'd have to jump on that real quick like.

Sold my '95 2-door a few months ago to get my Crown Vic. Would have kept it if it were 4x4 and/or 4.0. I think I still would prefer a 4- door, though. Family, and parts availability.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wife says "You already have two Jeeps, why do you want a third?"

Wife doesn't get it.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I don't understand how that guy was disappointed with the ride quality of the 80s Toyota. Like, isn't that spartan feel why you buy those trucks? Everyone one of those things he listed is a bonus.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

PCOS Bill posted:

Wife doesn't get it.

You need the third Jeep to drive to the parts store.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
I love it but for a lot less money https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/d/1968-legend-designer-concept/6334699050.html

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Breakfast Feud posted:

I don't understand how that guy was disappointed with the ride quality of the 80s Toyota. Like, isn't that spartan feel why you buy those trucks? Everyone one of those things he listed is a bonus.

I get the feeling that it's a combination of wanting to 'be' the image thing (80s Toyota trucks are iconic and cool people own and drive them) and wanting to write an article about it. I read all the things listed as bonuses too.

This thing is awesome.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

958 miles on the odo.

I feel bad for that car.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Fermented Tinal posted:

958 miles on the odo.

I feel bad for that car.

I'd love to add a zero to the end of that number

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
This model was manufactured over 5 years. Total units built: 1.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Real drat Gold

and something weird but in my wheelhouse

This motherfucking kei truck, being sold in Florida, has Blizzaks on it. Price is high for what you get and if you are interested in a kei truck you are better off importing one yourself. There is no way that whoever originally bought this one paid more that $750 for it.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Oct 7, 2017

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Deteriorata posted:

You need the third Jeep to drive to the parts store.

Hey, Jeep #2 is a 2016, I have at LEAST two good years before that happens.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

KakerMix posted:

This motherfucking kei truck, being sold in Florida, has Blizzaks on it.

I saw a ragged out GMT800 3500 series Chevy dually being used as a tree truck the other day in Fort Lauderdale with studded snow tires on the front. Florida plates, too.

People are loving stupid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PCOS Bill posted:

Wife doesn't get it.

Time to get two new wives.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
showing it's age a bit but otherwise looks pretty stock
no crazy long list of mods and aftermarket items listed

https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-honda-crx/6335613615.html

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
If the body is solid it’s worth it.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Breakfast Feud posted:

It’s a really bizzare criticism. All 80s trucks were extremely crude and agricultural.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
It should be immediately apparent, too. There's nothing in there anywhere under the hood indicating any concessions for ride comfort have been made. He got pretty up close and intimate with the truck too so he should have seen it coming. It's like, all that poo poo in new trucks is there because consumers like him want it or something?

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Breakfast Feud posted:

I didn't get the impression he was disappointed as much as the fun started to wear off as the quirks that make it cool and fun started to wear on him. Tons of people buy cars that are fun on short drives or memories then once the reality of DDing them sets in they're quickly replaced with something more livable.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

This is seriously like 2 blocks away from me, anyone want it?

EDIT

Look I found the rare, elusive first gen turbo 4runner

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Oct 8, 2017

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

KakerMix posted:

This is seriously like 2 blocks away from me, anyone want it?
That era volvo trans always fail. I was seriously looking at one for a family car 5+ years ago but got turned off by constant reports of trans failure in everything around 1990 from a Cxx, Vxx and XCxx. It was a shame because they were the last cool wagons sold here so I really wanted a V70 or XC70 cross country. E: and then I thought about a later w124 merc (80s ones were just too old to me so I wanted a 92-94 w124, or a w210, but then read about the lovely decomposing wiring so I gave up on euros and bought a commodore.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Oct 8, 2017

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Fo3 posted:

That era volvo trans always fail. I was seriously looking at one for a family car 5+ years ago but got turned off by constant reports of trans failure in everything around 1990 from a Cxx, Vxx and XCxx. It was a shame because they were the last cool wagons sold here so I really wanted a V70 or XC70 cross country. E: and then I thought about a later w124 merc (80s ones were just too old to me so I wanted a 92-94 w124, or a w210, but then read about the lovely decomposing wiring so I gave up on euros and bought a commodore.

Yeah man they always fail. It has 200,000 miles...

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Read in forums way back then of them failing under 100k so I don't know what to tell you other than they seemed a bad buy to me at the time...

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Two similar things and a completely different third thing

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

[quote="“Hypnolobster”" post="“477171706”"]

[/quote]

Pure loving gold right here. The price leads me to suspect something is terribadwrong, though.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

MrYenko posted:

Pure loving gold right here. The price leads me to suspect something is terribadwrong, though.

I mean it is a Plymouth Fury that is pretty wrong.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fo3 posted:

Read in forums way back then of them failing under 100k so I don't know what to tell you other than they seemed a bad buy to me at the time...

The Volvo 200/700/900 series share roughly fuckall with the 850/V70/other later cars. The transmission in that 940 should be a stout but simple Aisin Warner four speed.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Apologies if this has shown up before, but it's amazing:

The car is one thing, but this is the kicker:

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/comuta-car-citi-car-electric/6335907882.html

All I can think is that dad was going for some American Gothic here. But ... PT Cruiser? Really?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Her dad's name is Stump Removal?

Is her name Lump? :v:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tremek posted:

Apologies if this has shown up before, but it's amazing:

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/comuta-car-citi-car-electric/6335907882.html

All I can think is that dad was going for some American Gothic here. But ... PT Cruiser? Really?

I think we kicked it around before but reminds me of this:

which looks like the urba car took the design cues from.

I have to think, running into a bicyclist would be life-threatening for the driver.

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop

Tremek posted:

man, i'd happily give them a pt cruiser for it!

(as soon as i snatch one of countless sub $800 PT's that are floating around locally)

also: what the heck's up with that guy's neck? and jacket, actually. it's photoshopped, but why?

Gomi Day fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Oct 8, 2017

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Gomi Day posted:

man, i'd happily give them a pt cruiser for it!

(as soon as i snatch one of countless sub $800 PT's that are floating around locally)

also: what the heck's up with that guy's neck? and jacket, actually. it's photoshopped, but why?

The jacket part could almost be to hide a concealed pistol in shoulder holster which became visible when he put his arm up to hold the pitchfork.

That doesn't explain the rest of the photoshoppingcrude MS Paint retouching. The best answer may be: This old guy owns a 1980 Comuta electric car and runs a stump-pulling business, he's probably a weirdo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Anyone up for a 1984 Wartburg pickup?