Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

TheFireMagi posted:

Cursed Arm Hassan and Parvati's NPs! Honestly, I like how CAH's looks better, which is kind of hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ep2lUo0BlI (CAH)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yy8rzXvtqk (Parvati)

Cursed Arm Hassan's looks very cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

EGSunBro posted:

Parvati is a 4* while Ishtar is a 5*. This is a grave injustice

It is.

Should've been a 0 star.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I wish they'd shown off Cursed Arm's regular attacks too.

I hope NA gets all the various animation updates faster than in the original. It'd suck to have to wait two years for Awesome Zabaniya.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I wish they'd shown off Cursed Arm's regular attacks too.

I hope NA gets all the various animation updates faster than in the original. It'd suck to have to wait two years for Awesome Zabaniya.

They said that'll be happening at the last panel, but no concrete plans obvs.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Endorph posted:

.... huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30DyYkoNH9Q

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Also Mario could fit in all classes, thanks to all his crazy costumes over the years.

Luigi is Assassin though.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Haha, so Sakura is a Lancer, Rin is an Archer, and Saber is a Saber. And Shirou is a Ruler, but also an Archer. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Also Mario could fit in all classes, thanks to all his crazy costumes over the years.

Luigi is Assassin though.

Link could fit in to pretty much every one of the standard classes except I think Lancer and Assassin.

Saber - Standard Link with the Master Sword
Archer - Bow usually tends to be like the first item you get in dungeons and in past games, Ganon was traditionally had to be finished off with a magic arrow.
Lancer - I can't really think of any time Link's had a spear or lance as his weapon outside of them being a weapon type in Breath of the Wild. Maybe Link with the Fishing Rod as a summer skin? :shrug:
Rider - Either Link on Epona, or Toon Link from Wind Waker with the King of Red Lions.
Caster - Link qualifies for this the same way Gilgamesh does - by having a poo poo ton of magic staves, rods and canes he's acquired throughout various adventures.
Assassin - Can't really think of any way he'd qualify for this, even as a joke class.
Berserker - Child Link with the Fierce Deity Mask from Majora's Mask.
Avenger - Link's Shadow from Zelda II.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Gologle posted:

Haha, so Sakura is a Lancer, Rin is an Archer, and Saber is a Saber. And Shirou is a Ruler, but also an Archer. It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Wrong Shirou, for the ruler. That shirou is a real person, unrelated to anime.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amakusa_Shirō

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
e: beaten

Parvati artist should have been someone else, I wanted something lavish.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Well, I didn't get Parvati, but I did get Chevalier, which now means I have every 4* Saber on JPN besides Siegfried. :v:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Motto posted:

They said that'll be happening at the last panel, but no concrete plans obvs.

Albert did note that the NA release of Presage Flower would be a good tie-in time to do it, so we'll see.

BlondRobin posted:

Wrong Shirou, for the ruler. That shirou is a real person, unrelated to anime.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amakusa_Shirō

Granted, this is also the meta-bait; if you go into Apocrypha blind (especially in the pre-Grand Order days, reading the books) you were very much meant to think this "Shirou Kotomine" guy was supposed to be "our" Shirou. It was a pretty well-laid twist, but obviously GO kind of spoils it outright.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Mission complete.

I doubt this was what Parvati was expecting when she asked me for help. :getin:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm curious what CAH new NP start up looks like in his third ascension.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Cursed Arm Hassan's new attack animations, and they're pretttty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WHus7Of7SU

E:

Marogareh posted:

I'm curious what CAH new NP start up looks like in his third ascension.

Apparently, he wraps his arm back up just to take it out again. :v:

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 8, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Best butler looking good I see.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Does he seriously turn himself into a missile for his Extra attack?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Gologle posted:

Does he seriously turn himself into a missile for his Extra attack?

Yes, it's straight out of the VN and it's a loving amazing interpretation of what he does.

I got beat to it but holy poo poo Cursed Arm's new animations are astounding. A ton of callbacks to the VNs themselves and in general he looks stunning. And now a bronzie looks better than some gold Servants :v:

Hopefully Kojiro's rework is to this extent, too.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Still waiting on Nyanta to get an animation update.

It'll happen eventually.

I know it.

right

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
If they didn't do it for the Apocrypha Servants when the anime was released then probably not

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Compendium posted:

If they didn't do it for the Apocrypha Servants when the anime was released then probably not
they'll probably do it for the apocrypha servants when it ends

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Hassan update looking good. Now update Carmilla please

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

I went ahead and caved, buying quartz because I just needed a fix and I've had disappointing rolls lately.
Anne Bonny, Mary Read, and Ching Shih were my favorite pirates when I was a kid going through my pirate phase*, and I've really wanted to roll Anne and Mary since the get go but they've not shown up.
I go to do my final roll this rate up and there they are. :3:
I also got another Waver, so he's going to be up to NP2. Bless.

(* Okay, so, I grew up around the NC coasts and that's some Blackbeard and pirate-themed heavy territory so in elementary school you get a poo poo ton of pirate books in the library and pirate-themed field trips to Bath and poo poo. Lots of pirate poo poo. Okeanos has been loving great.)

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

tokomon posted:

I went ahead and caved, buying quartz because I just needed a fix and I've had disappointing rolls lately.
Anne Bonny, Mary Read, and Ching Shih were my favorite pirates when I was a kid going through my pirate phase*, and I've really wanted to roll Anne and Mary since the get go but they've not shown up.
I go to do my final roll this rate up and there they are. :3:
I also got another Waver, so he's going to be up to NP2. Bless.

A Very Good Roll. Enjoy your pie rats.

quote:

(* Okay, so, I grew up around the NC coasts and that's some Blackbeard and pirate-themed heavy territory so in elementary school you get a poo poo ton of pirate books in the library and pirate-themed field trips to Bath and poo poo. Lots of pirate poo poo. Okeanos has been loving great.)

I do have to wonder what you think of this game's interpretation of Eddie Teach :v:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Another ticket, another roll without Drake. :smith:

I swear I'm not gonna do another roll when this banner is over until London.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

The only thing that might tempt me is Okita, because I have a running theme going of getting golds on my NA account that I don't have on JP, and I already do have Jack. OTOH Jack is among the very best Assassins by... a lot, and we don't really start to get good high-rarity alternatives until Shiki and Summer Scath roll around, and I've got a fair bit of Saber already. So we'll see.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I hate Jack's design so much I might burn her if I ever rolled her.

Edit: Same with all other horrible fanservice lolis.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

jack's cloak outfit is fine

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

just put her in her first Sprite and change the icon art. she's one of if not the best quick servants in the game

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
hector is really growing on me as a pretty cool chill dude

how do i make him good, especially considering i will be spending grails on marie

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

MonsieurChoc posted:

Endorph posted:

jack's cloak outfit is fine

The only thing that could make the cloak outfit better would be some shabby trousers instead of still having her weird Tron boots.

But yeah, Jack's a lot more tolerable in her initial outfit. Regardless of that, though, she's also just completely bonkers, so even if you hate her appearance I'm not sure I totally recommend just ignoring her debut (which should be Christmas).

Clawtopsy posted:

hector is really growing on me as a pretty cool chill dude

how do i make him good, especially considering i will be spending grails on marie

Hector is pretty much Mr. AoE Buster Times, so give him either some kind of Buster Up or a NP Charge At Start so he can get off an NP quick and clear a wave. There's nothing much you can do to improve his skills via CE at the moment.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So Sakuvati seems to be going for a Support role for Quick based Servants.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

SpaceDrake posted:

Granted, this is also the meta-bait; if you go into Apocrypha blind (especially in the pre-Grand Order days, reading the books) you were very much meant to think this "Shirou Kotomine" guy was supposed to be "our" Shirou. It was a pretty well-laid twist, but obviously GO kind of spoils it outright.
Aw, I'm not going to lie but that's kind of really lame. It was one of the few things that was keeping my interest in reading the Apocrypha manga.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Dr Pepper posted:

So Sakuvati seems to be going for a Support role for Quick based Servants.

Nah, her buffs are very selfish.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Well just looking at the numbers, she doesn't impress. Oh well.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Well just looking at the numbers, she doesn't impress. Oh well.

Where are you seeing numbers? So far I've only seen the in-game text descriptions posted. Obviously the amount of NP gain on her third skill and NP are going to make a huge difference to how strong she is.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/750q4e/parvatis_skills_datamine_s_up/

https://www9.atwiki.jp/f_go/sp/pages/2410.html

Taking a closer look, I missed some important info the first time around that's raised my opinion of her. Her 3rd skill is still lackluster.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
her art looks kinda bad imo

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

she looks like a visual novel heroine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
For years we waited for Parvati, the Sakura servant, and it turns out she's a Boudicaface

thanks DW