Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
ahhuhghghgI'm suuuper sick of Armie Hammer getting recommended for every single bloody superhero casting ever. He can't be Batman and Green Lantern and Shazam, people! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

But Batman is the bravest. He's also an orphan and I could see Shazam the wizard choosing him. By all means he should be the Green lantern of Earth and also Shazam.

Elseworld: Kal El crashes at the Wayne Manor. This has been done before. But by virtue of being the bravest little orphan he grows up to be Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, and Shazam.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 6, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

ahhuhghghgI'm suuuper sick of Armie Hammer getting recommended for every single bloody superhero casting ever. He can't be Batman and Green Lantern and Shazam, people! :argh:

Why not? Green Lantern was Deadpool, Human Torch was Captain America, Captain Kirk was Steve Trevor, it's all good!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

BrianWilly posted:

You're clearly unaware that the solo Batman movie is going to be a Dark Knights: Metal adaptation. Then Armie Hammer can play Batman and everybody else at the same time.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Man I really wanna see the Man From UNCLE sequel with Superman and Captain Marvel.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

bunnyofdoom posted:

Man I really wanna see the Man From UNCLE sequel with Superman and Captain Marvel.

Brie Larson wasn't in Man From UNCLE, that was Lara Croft.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ImpAtom posted:

Why not? Green Lantern was Deadpool, Human Torch was Captain America, Captain Kirk was Steve Trevor, it's all good!

Clearly you're allowed to play 2 superheroes. BrianWilly is saying Armie can't break the rule and play 3+.

BrianWilly posted:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
How about The Rock as everybody?
and yes I do mean everybody, including Mary.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

bunnyofdoom posted:

I've heard they're doing that even though the first one didn't do as well as they'd hoped.

What I really want to see is Sherlock Holmes 3, but it's probably even less likely!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

David D. Davidson posted:

How about The Rock as everybody?
and yes I do mean everybody, including Mary.

It would be funny if there was like a template for everyone who got the magic word. Like you don't turn into an adult version of yourself, you turn into an amalgam of Solomon, Heracles, etc.
Which I guess would probably look like the Rock anyway.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
So favorite contenders are the rock and people named Chris.

Guys, I think there's a compromise here.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Al Borland Corp. posted:

They could get a black kid of course.

Michael B. Jordan as Billy Batson, Michael Jordan as Shazam.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There are actually black child actors.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
Fallen Rib

Ojjeorago posted:

Michael B. Jordan Jayden Smith as Billy Batson, Michael Jordan Shaq as Shazam.

Fixed it for you.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The review embargo for Thor Ragnarok lifts on 10/19. That's two weeks before it comes out so they must be pretty confident they have a good film.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Al Borland Corp. posted:

There are actually black child actors.

The girl who played Annie a couple years ago, and... I think there's a kid on Blackish?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Come on. There was just a very commercial successful adventure movie with a black child actor who helped fight a clown. Turn on Disney channel or Nickelodeon and you'll likely find a couple programs with black kids in their lineup. It's not really a funny joke to pretend they don't exist.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

X-O posted:

The review embargo for Thor Ragnarok lifts on 10/19. That's two weeks before it comes out so they must be pretty confident they have a good film.

Or they got the checks in the mail early :tinfoil:

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

X-O posted:

Eh, even a mediocre marvel movie will rake in a lot of money. Thor 2 didn't do too bad and it was the blandest movie ever. The last, I wanna say 5? Marvel movies have been financial successes but dull as dishwater. For better or worse, disney/marvel has mastered the art of making bland cookie cutter superhero movies. So even if the reviews are lukewarm, people will still go see it.

McCloud fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Oct 7, 2017

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Troll better

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Thor looks funny and spending 8 hours of my life per year seeing these movies isn't so bad. I like cookies.

Not usually one to go on opening weekend though.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Oh no, Thor 3 actually looks pretty cool so far, and a big improvement over the first two horrible Thor movies, so I'm actually looking forward to it. Just saying, at worst it's gonna be just like Strange or Avengers 2 or CW, movies I thought were average and a bit bland, but still entertaining enough that lots of people will go see it.

I'm hoping that it will be much better though, and from the trailers at least, it looks pretty good, so here's hoping it will be as good as WS is.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think it's gonna be great but even if it wasn't, it would get like a 74.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
It's Thor and Hulk and Eomer in space fighting Jeff Goldblum, it's gonna be the best movie ever.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ojjeorago posted:

It's Thor and Hulk and Eomer in space fighting Jeff Goldblum, it's gonna be the best movie ever.

Don't forget Goth Galadriel.

She's mad at Asgard because Odin never returned her copy of Unknown Pleasures on vinyl.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9-DM9uBtVI&hd=1

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Looks like they're doing a bang-up job of protecting whatever video game that is that they're in.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Looks awesome so far. Not quite sure about the humor, but I like that this actually looks like an invasion by an alien enemy. The red skies, the weird hellish landscape, the swarm of locust-like parademons (continuing the insect theme from MoS), it all looks amazing.

McCloud fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 8, 2017

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

McCloud posted:

Looks awesome so far. Not quite sure about the humor, but I like that this actually looks like an invasion by an alien enemy. The red skies, the weird hellish landscape, the swarm of locust-like parademons (continuing the insect theme from MoS), it all looks amazing.

It is really impressive that Whedon managed to turn it around, especially with all the issues they had.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It is really impressive that Whedon managed to turn it around, especially with all the issues they had.

You gotta post this one in CD, not here, if you're aiming for maximum troll.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Couple new shots in the instagram version of the trailer: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ_Okn8giHK/

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

McCloud posted:

Well, trailers were never the problem, they all looked great - the finished product not so much. But hell, this one really has all the current trailer tropes including a slowly sung pop song.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Every scene with Aquaman is trying way too hard to be cool

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
That is pretty much par for the course with the character's history.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I know you're trolling and all, but I am actually really apprehensive about Whedons involvement in this. His work leaves a lot to be desired, and if the attempts at humor in the trailer where written by Whedon I'd say my worries were justified. Luckily Snyder seems to have mostly finished the film so the damage is hopefully minimal. Either way I'm hoping for Snyder to put together a directors cut one day.

Still, looks good so far.

Decius posted:

Well, trailers were never the problem, they all looked great - the finished product not so much. But hell, this one really has all the current trailer tropes including a slowly sung pop song.

I love MoS and BvS, so I'll probably love JL too, and I suspect it's the same for others as well, that if you liked Snyders previous movies you'll probably like this as well and vice versa.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

E: never mind

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

I don't like the dialogue. There's something about it that just doesn't feel...I dunno the word. Organic? I know that's incredibly vague and a bit dumb since it's obviously not, but it's supposed to feel like actual (fantastic) people talking to each other. Instead it felt like stilted video game dialogue. "Your ride ain't over yet." "My man!" Nah.

It looks pretty cool though. If it's just gonna be like an Avengers where there's an hour and a half of plot and then 30 minutes of crazy CGI poo poo, it should be as ok as BvS was. I can swallow that.

X-O posted:

This I'm actually pumped for. They must be pretty juiced on the back of Homecoming.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think a lot of my disinterest comes from how much of this is based on the really boring parts of Geoff Johns' Justice League.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd say most of my disinterest comes from 90% of the DC film universe over the last decade or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SonicRulez posted:

I don't like the dialogue. There's something about it that just doesn't feel...I dunno the word. Organic? I know that's incredibly vague and a bit dumb since it's obviously not, but it's supposed to feel like actual (fantastic) people talking to each other. Instead it felt like stilted video game dialogue. "Your ride ain't over yet." "My man!"

It's like the terminator learning to smile in T2

• Locked thread