Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

well call me when they start merking the nazis because right now they're trying to show how cool and cute and badass the nazis are

and when they do i hope the directing isnt total poo poo because scenes transition from one to another with no connective tissue

you're right. the dies irae staff are all nazis, and scene transitions are a jewish conspiracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Postal Parcel posted:

The wonderful world of Haripo

Beautiful. What's this from?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Dzhay posted:

Blood Blockade Battlefront

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Dzhay posted:

The best thing about BBB is that the setting doesn't feel like "Fantasy New York, but it's really Japan", the setting really feels like fantasy New York.
Even the episode titles are puns of old Hollywood movies(puns based on their JP titles of course)

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
rip endie's $1000 into the dies irae kickstarter

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

poo poo, that'll teach me to not read German titles. Good thing I hadn't watched it yet, that would have been both awkward and embarrassing. "Where the hell are the spaceships"

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Made a thread for Kino's Journey.

Can mods pull thread tags from other subforums? It really needs a travel tag if it can get it.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
^Added to OP

quote:

:siren:Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - the Animated Series (Kino's Journey: The Beautiful World)
Lerche | Taguchi, Tomohisa | Sugawara, Yukie | Action, Adventure, Slice of Life | Light Novel | Oct 6, 2017
The story follows the travels of Kino, a young adventurer who rides a talking motorcycle named Hermes. They explore the people and cultures of different places throughout their adventures, spending only three days at each location.
PV
Thread

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
kekkai sensen: this anti-gamer discrimination must not stand

Phobophilia fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Oct 8, 2017

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i think the dies irea complaint is a fair one when ep 1 is nothing but badly written introductions to the (apparently technically not) nazis combined with some awful action scenes

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Houseki no Kuni drew me in immediately. It seems so alien and strange.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Davincie posted:

i think the dies irea complaint is a fair one when ep 1 is nothing but badly written introductions to the (apparently technically not) nazis combined with some awful action scenes

it definitely seemed like a weirder opening than the vn, which apparently just opens from the perspective of a german conscript

form the sounds of it not a lot of people who liked the vn thought it was a good opening ep lol

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 8, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

watch pingu everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piZBO8Hc2LI

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nice try

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lol i checked the mal page for the director of dies irae and the comments are just people getting depressed that they picked him to direct it

i was willing to give it a few eps but given that and the weird anime-original opening i'm not sure it's going to get much better

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 8, 2017

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I'm glad dies irae sucks.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you don't watch any other show this season at least watch the first 10 episodes of BBB real quick and then jump on BBB&B

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
actually watch all of bbb and then jump on bbb&b

i'm gonna die on this loving hill

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Colonel posted:

Rip

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Quick, gimme the reasons for each.
I put bbb on my list last night.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The finale is mostly about anime original characters and if you don't care for them then you probably won't care about the ending. Also when it first aired the final episode came out months after the rest of the show so I think a lot of people haven't seen it because of that

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Well i guess I'll see how i like the characters.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Quick, gimme the reasons for each.
I put bbb on my list last night.

have you watched and liked kyousougiga because if so you will like the anime original stuff in bbb

white is a fun character who has a great dynamic with leonardo and episode 11 is one of the best episodes in the entire show and the end of episode 12 is really great. the bad part is that black is kind of a boring villain to follow and that robs some impact away from the last episode because he's not nearly as flamboyant as any of the other bad guys in the show but i think it's still really great and worth watching and does a good job tying up the themes of the show

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It seems like your opinion on the anime original stuff is dependent on whether or not you read the manga. People who only watched the anime had no problem with it, people who read the manga didn't like it.

I didn't hate the anime original stuff in the first season. but if the new season keeps to the episodic nature of the manga, I think I would like that better

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

BBB is on my list to finish so I can start BYOBBB&BBBQ.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i can understand not liking black because he really just isn't a very interesting character on his own and they give him a bit too much screen time at the end

i really really love all the stuff with white though and that's why i get annoyed when people brush it off

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

The Colonel posted:

have you watched and liked kyousougiga because if so you will like the anime original stuff in bbb

white is a fun character who has a great dynamic with leonardo and episode 11 is one of the best episodes in the entire show and the end of episode 12 is really great. the bad part is that black is kind of a boring villain to follow and that robs some impact away from the last episode because he's not nearly as flamboyant as any of the other bad guys in the show but i think it's still really great and worth watching and does a good job tying up the themes of the show

I think i watched it but also Rodenthar MemoryTM strikes again and i do not rememeber it.

I ... think i liked it. I'll have to skim ep1 to remember it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hate them both and had zero interest in their story and it's resolution :D The first season ended with the lunch run imo.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I thought it was kind of tonally inconsistent in a show where a plotline is resolved by someone getting a boner.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If you're gonna watch a show then watch the show, especially when it's just a 12-ep per season deal.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Watch whatever you like who cares god

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I thought it was kind of tonally inconsistent in a show where a plotline is resolved by someone getting a boner.

Tonal inconsistency in a Nightow show? Well I never.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fangz posted:

I'm glad dies irae sucks.
:mmmsmug:

The Colonel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXkYFkTIEXw

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

what is bbb

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

blood blockade battlefront

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Big Breasted Beauty

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't see what is tonally inconsistent about characters created to mirror leo and his sister. the eps didn't suddenly excise doug hummer, zapp, or any of the other sources of random wacky poo poo either. episode 11 is definitely one of the best in the entire series, and that's probably at the point where you will genuinely care about white, whereas before she is only a likable side character. i don't think the manga is some sacred cow that requires we devote all 12 episodes of the anime to adapting its goofy episodic stories, and the black/white stuff basically exists as a second two-parter a la Z's Last Day. all this to say i understand the lovely production delays may have turned people off at the end, but hating the original stuff because its original is dumb.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

TBH I assumed Black and White were part of the original manga for exactly that thematic reason. My complaint about 11 & 12 is that I just did not care about what was happening at all. That's due more to Black's weaknesses and the long production delay to be sure, but you know, tough poo poo. Wouldn't be the first anime/manga with a weak arc in there.

The important thing is that the show is back and good.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

dogsicle posted:

anyway if you still believe in the term trainwreck, it seems like King's Game will be the show to deliver on that front this season

Araki posted:

king's game is some bad edgy bullshit

How is it that this keeps happening to the shows I circle as possibly interesting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Craptacular! posted:

How is it that this keeps happening to the shows I circle as possibly interesting?

• Locked thread