Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/jonrosenberg/status/916319816234889218

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
who?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
There are currently more people lined up for McDonalds sauce than all alt-right could muster at Cville.

LOL.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/BronyPhysicist/status/916879803587923968

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/BronyPhysicist/status/916879803587923968

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

:hfive: posterfriend

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

sneakyfrog posted:

:hfive: posterfriend

in posting content about nazis there are no losers, only comrads :hfive:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Montasque posted:

There are currently more people lined up for McDonalds sauce than all alt-right could muster at Cville.

LOL.

huh, i guess i know now what the nazis mean by degenerate culture

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Al! posted:

huh, i guess i know now what the nazis mean by degenerate culture

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/917023117050040320

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
To be fair they would have had more people at their rally if a bunch of them weren't waiting in line at 1am at McDonald's for the sauce a cartoon man told them about

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/Bro_Pair/status/916822797619523584

The "They draw less than a sauce line at McDonald's" is going to be the go to dagger line for a few weeks.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

grats, you got me to click on the link before i realized the guy had a mlp avatar

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
its a weird world where i cant auto outright discriminate against bronies and juggalos anymore.. wackyland.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

sneakyfrog posted:

its a weird world where i cant auto outright discriminate against bronies and juggalos anymore.. wackyland.

All Juggalo hate was classism.

Bronies are different, a lot of their rank are Fasch.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Montasque posted:

All Juggalo hate was classism.

well that and the clown thing

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/vicenews/status/916383043492962307

what is vice's obsession with these nazis

what do you get out of talking to people like cernovich?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Sir Tonk posted:

ratings

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Sir Tonk posted:

Not only is vice bad for giving these animals a platform, they always send out complete retards who are unable to think of anything to counteract the nonsense they're seeing.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

vice was started by and is staffed by white rich kid cryptofascists

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Al! posted:

Didn't a couple of their editors get outed as full fash in that Nazi email thing?

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

MizPiz posted:

Didn't a couple of their editors get outed as full fash in that Nazi email thing?

yeah

a bunch of what they do is just a euphemistic form of poor people safari but in theory a news outlet that isn't afraid to document criminal and drug culture has real value

but it doesn't have much value if it also gives a friendly platform to nazis

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I'm loving salty that Nazis are gonna terrorize another small town in Tennessee and these centrist retards are gonna wring their hands and say that they have free speech rights and to "kill them with kindness" when they should just kill them with baseball bats.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Vice has Desus and Mero, and they kick rear end

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Al! posted:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

StashAugustine posted:

grats, you got me to click on the link before i realized the guy had a mlp avatar

I didn't realize till half way through then remembered because we live in The Zone now all fandoms are fronts in the war against fascism. In a world with nazi pedo's like Milo it's hard to get mad at vanilla poo poo like bronys anymore

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
though it should be said the left vanguard has always been quite eclectic going back to...the left being a thing

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/fart/status/917048800006488064

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Venom Snake posted:

I didn't realize till half way through then remembered because we live in The Zone now all fandoms are fronts in the war against fascism. In a world with nazi pedo's like Milo it's hard to get mad at vanilla poo poo like bronys anymore

they absolutely are not lol

bronies are like 10x more likely to be fash than a normal person. the same goes for gamers, anime fans and furries.

however furries and anime fans are also 10x more likely to be communists. it's like horseshoe theory

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Nerds are disaffected youth desperate for a community, shouldn't be surprising

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

and i must meme posted:

they absolutely are not lol

bronies are like 10x more likely to be fash than a normal person. the same goes for gamers, anime fans and furries.

however furries and anime fans are also 10x more likely to be communists. it's like horseshoe theory

Anime is the populist medium and Goku will kill all fascists.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

SpaceGoku posted:

I haven't been on a campus in a while but I'm pretty sure groups like tpusa are what passes for regular college republicans these days
This is true, as a politically active student, I can tell you that TPUSA has eclipsed the College Republicans in visibility on campus. Much like how YDS is far more active than the local young democrats.

However, of the four groups, YDS is the only one that's actually a grassroots activists organization. TPUSA is funded by big donors and it shows, they are mainly concerned with doing bizzare skits around campus. They are essentially political improv actors. The Dems/Reps are basically fraternities for the scions of politicians, and I never see them actually do anything except have lunches or whatever. I assume they're just networking/being groomed for the opportunity to be Hillary/Cruz interns.

If you factor in all the other left/progressive student orgs that work with YDS, I'd say our numbers are much bigger than the other three combined, which is heartening.

Keep in mind that I'm on a relatively liberal campus in a red state. So YMMV

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Inescapable Duck posted:

Nerds are disaffected youth desperate for a community, shouldn't be surprising

Nerd culture is loving trash. if you collect pieces of branded plastic you are a fascist in waiting.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Montasque posted:

Nerd culture is loving trash. if you collect pieces of branded plastic you are a fascist in waiting.

*looks over at shelf of gunpla kits* uh-oh

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Montasque posted:

I've got bad news about the vast majority of millennials then

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

There are two types of Gundam fans. people that understand it's anti-war, anti-fascism message and "Oh wow cool robot!" people.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Montasque posted:

Dreddout posted:

I've got bad news about the vast majority of millennials then

Real talk tho OP that's a really loving stupid stance to take because A) there's not real difference between the kind of person buying gundam model sets and the person buying multiple sports jerseys or band t-shirts and posters except for the age and demographic of the consumer so it really just boils down to you crying "gently caress those kids who like things I don't." and B) There's not ethical consumption under capitalism cause it makes all our subcultures ultimately predatory and strangles the art or merit out of any medium.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
[quote="“Darkman Fanpage”" post="“477177034”"]
[/quote]

we regret to inform you that you are a nazi

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i'm just holding them for a friend i swear

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

[quote="“ZenMasterBullshit”" post="“477177165”"]
Real talk tho OP that’s a really loving stupid stance to take because A) there’s not real difference between the kind of person buying gundam model sets and the person buying multiple sports jerseys or band t-shirts and posters except for the age and demographic of the consumer so it really just boils down to you crying “gently caress those kids who like things I don’t.” and B) There’s not ethical consumption under capitalism cause it makes all our subcultures ultimately predatory and strangles the art or merit out of any medium.
[/quote]

people who collect spots garbage should also be shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

I think older goons are disconnected on this issue, but a lot of otherwise normal young people like nerd poo poo like anime/videogames. It's the new norm. Which is part of the problem for the CHUDS who built their identity around it and a disdain for normies. Only for said normies to displace them as the primary consumers of nerd poo poo, while simultaneously maintaining social skills.

Anime is the new conformist, Anime is the new pop rock

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

There are two types of Gundam fans. people that understand it's anti-war, anti-fascism message and "Oh wow cool robot!" people.
What if I understand it's anti-war but I identify with the Titan