Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

If only I'd fought in a war or had to scrub feces, I"d never look at my phone again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
Week 7 GDT: Helicopter fag parents

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Lessail posted:

Someone please beat SDSU and show their smug rear end fans a shred of hardship

It's called every year before 2011 you giant baby

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Zwabu posted:

Are we doomed to PSU being in the playoff? Is there any hope of the Buckeyes or Michigan saving us from such a fate?

PSU ain't played nobody (in the top 25) and just doesn't have the resume

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Yesterday was a good day of football.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lessail posted:

Someone please beat SDSU and show their smug rear end fans a shred of hardship

They have to deal with the Chargers leaving them so there you go.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

buddhanc posted:

Enjoy this gem from the shaggy game thread:

"The crowd was lacking big time. Thought I was tuning into a high school game. Austin Millennials should be rounded up via pickup trucks with beer drinking rednecks and forced to scrub the guano poo poo from the stadium. I'm so tired of the "me" generation that my 17 year old son isn't allowed to look at his loving phone when he's at home. He has no Facebook account and I don't put up with any GD whining. It's their helicopter fag parents and liberals that created this touchy feely mess we have in Austin. A good war would change all of this imho."

Austin: The Hugging City

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

buddhanc posted:

"The crowd was lacking big time. Thought I was tuning into a high school game. Austin Millennials should be rounded up via pickup trucks with beer drinking rednecks and forced to scrub the guano poo poo from the stadium. I'm so tired of the "me" generation that my 17 year old son isn't allowed to look at his loving phone when he's at home. He has no Facebook account and I don't put up with any GD whining. It's their helicopter fag parents and liberals that created this touchy feely mess we have in Austin. A good war would change all of this imho."

This dude unironically yes "RUN THE DANG BALL" at games. Also - we've been at war, fought by millennials for like 16 years now.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

buddhanc posted:

What % chance do you think there is that this motherfucker would go sign up for a war, or for that matter been in a physical confrontation with anyone or anything in his entire life?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
https://twitter.com/DavidHaleESPN/status/917053377581903872

weird...

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
People are starting the "Well, Mizzou looked pretty good yesterday. Maybe Odom deserves a third season???" poo poo already. Hopefully it gets quashed when we lose to UConn or Idaho (or both).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ur in my world now posted:

People are starting the "Well, Mizzou looked pretty good yesterday. Maybe Odom deserves a third season???" poo poo already. Hopefully it gets quashed when we lose to UConn or Idaho (or both).

If you're talking about Bill C's column this is bolded in the middle of it:

quote:

This is not a post intended to pump sunshine, by the way. You could argue that this is almost the worst-case scenario.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

JonathonSpectre posted:

What % chance do you think there is that this motherfucker would go sign up for a war, or for that matter been in a physical confrontation with anyone or anything in his entire life?

Zero.

Facts matter little to the kind of person who'll ignore that millenials have fought the longest war in American history, and spent a subset of that time fighting two wars concurrently.

But yeah, 'war is great for making real men' or whatever idyllic WWII horseshit some shitheel from Texas wants to peddle.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Just a reminder that the Iowa State Cyclones were victorious over the Odious Oklahoma Sooners.

Don't know why anyone else is talking about any other team right now

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Jastiger posted:

Just a reminder that the Iowa State Cyclones were victorious over the Odious Oklahoma Sooners.

Don't know why anyone else is talking about any other team right now

This is a good point - please post celebratory posts from ISU SB nation blogs and sad ones from OU blogs for our enjoyment.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Rankings are up.

quote:

1 Alabama
2 Clemson
3 Penn State
4 Washington
5 Georgia
6 Wisconsin
7 TCU
8 Ohio State
9 Washington State
10 Miami
11 Auburn
12 Oklahoma
13 USC
14 Oklahoma State
15 USF
16 Michigan
17 Virginia Tech
18 San Diego State
19 Notre Dame
20 NC State
21 UCF
22 Michigan State
23 Utah
24 Navy
25 Stanford

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

When's the last time the SEC was down to 3?

Auburn@LSU gets the CBS slot Saturday.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

8 Ohio State 
9 Washington State 
10 Miami 
11 Auburn 
12 Oklahoma 

Scandalous!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
No iowa state? loving racist

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
If both Washington teams keep winning the Apple Cup better be during the day so the country could see just how strong the best teams of the PAC-12 are.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Lol at getting jumped, but I guess this is just prep for when we lose by 2 TDs to Florida in Jacksonville.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
How the heck is Utah still ranked?

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
One loss and it was reasonably close. Don't worry, they'll fall out next week when they lose to USC.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--Or that if you want to be 'reasonable' I suppose

all-Rush mixtape posted:

How the heck is Utah still ranked?

Played too late and people already had their rankings done and were too lazy to change them?

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I am posting from the athletic facilities next to Jack Trice Stadium, home to the only team in college football with a quality win, the Iowa State Cyclones.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coco13 posted:

I am posting from the athletic facilities next to Jack Trice Stadium, home to the only team in college football with a quality win, the Iowa State Cyclones.

what the gently caress are wins

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Wins are lame. The cool thing to do is wish homelessness on your coaching staffs

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

pillsburysoldier posted:

Wins are lame. The cool thing to do is wish homelessness on your coaching staffs

Doug Nussmeier deserves worse than homelessness.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
It's weird that in both polls, Michigan is ranked ahead of us, but hey, nice to see us with a ranking at all.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

buddhanc posted:

Must be a t-shirt fan or he'd realize all true Texas fans stay home during times of war to sip tea.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Chump Farts posted:

It's weird that in both polls, Michigan is ranked ahead of us, but hey, nice to see us with a ranking at all.

That's the Michigan Difference™

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

Zero.

Facts matter little to the kind of person who'll ignore that millenials have fought the longest war in American history, and spent a subset of that time fighting two wars concurrently.

But yeah, 'war is great for making real men' or whatever idyllic WWII horseshit some shitheel from Texas wants to peddle.

But such a vanishingly small number of us actually had to join, let alone see combat!

Nevermind that almost no one actually saw combat during WWII even, as a percentage of the overall troop strength and casualty rates have never been high enough to "thin out" a generation in the US, even accounting for the appalling death rate is in the Civil War.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Oh hey we moved up a spot. Yay

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
New AP poll

code:
TEAM LW
1. Alabama (43) 1
2. Clemson (18) 2
3. Penn State 4
4. Georgia 5
5. Washington 6
6. TCU 8
7. Wisconsin 9
8. Washington State 11
9. Ohio State 10
10. Auburn 12
11. Miami 13
12. Oklahoma 3
13. USC 14
14. Oklahoma State 15
15. Virginia Tech 16
16. Notre Dame 21
17. Michigan 7
18. South Florida NR
19. San Diego State NR
20. NC State 24
21. Michigan State NR
22. UCF 25
23. Stanford NR
24. Texas Tech NR
25. Navy NR

ALSO RECEIVING VOTES:
Georgia Tech
West Virginia
Louisville
Utah
LSU
Florida
Kentucky
Iowa State
Texas A&M
Memphis
Can Notre Dame start losing again, I don't like seeing them creep up like this.

Benne fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 8, 2017

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
USF is getting way too much poll respect in the Amway poll.

https://twitter.com/American_FB/status/917076661706854400

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coco13 posted:

You're forgetting UAB's gruelling triumph over the Bulldogs of Louisiana Tech

We're coming for you, Florida

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

quote:

ALSO RECEIVING VOTES: Georgia Tech, West Virginia, Louisville, Utah, LSU, Florida, Kentucky, Iowa State, Texas A&M, Memphis

:lol:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The important thing about the coaches poll is to never refer to Amway whatsoever

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Lasagna Pilot posted:

USF is getting way too much poll respect in the Amway poll.

https://twitter.com/American_FB/status/917076661706854400

American ain't played nobody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

:discourse:

• Locked thread