Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
seems to have worked? there's 2 posts that completely vanished though and trying to view them said THREAD INVALID PAGE NO WORKING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I want to read the lost posts.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
rip my post i guess ill try rewriting it

Tender Bender posted:

Why did they split up to begin with?

alex was based out of nyc frmo the start of giantbomb (going back to gamespot days), when vinny had his kid he realized he didnt want to raise his family in a tiny overpriced SF apartment on the other side of the country from his family, so he moved to jersey and started setting up a studio with alex. they hired austin and the rest is history

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

There will always be 2 unread posts

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
secret post

elf help book posted:

i already knew thats how the game works but really, night trap is the dumbest game ever

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

The first time I watched this video I had called out of work, sick with a nasty flu. Following my normal flu procedures I drank a third of a bottle of Nyquil and curled up with my tablet in bed. I think I laughed for 45 minutes straight because of the podoboo jump rope battle. Good times.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i've never seen night trap before

night trap looks terrible

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Professor Latency posted:

There will always be 2 unread posts

This is triggering me really hard that I can't get rid of the two unread posts.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Yeah can someone make a new thread?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm not certain if a new thread will do much because it seems to be one of many forums-wide bugs that have been popping up for the last week and a half. This site's coming apart

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I made one anyway & someone needs to save my posts in this thread since it's some of the best of my career.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm not certain if a new thread will do much because it seems to be one of many forums-wide bugs that have been popping up for the last week and a half. This site's coming apart

good

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
soon lowtax will be rolling in the podcast cash and will finally be able to finish Titan

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Perhaps the threads will be fixed in time. But for now, I'll close this one.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The Milkman posted:

soon lowtax will be rolling in the podcast cash and will finally be able to finish Titan

Lol.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Perhaps the threads will be fixed in time. But for now, I'll close this one.

Looks open to me. Bwahahaha owned.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I reopened it so people could quote/copypaste things to the new thread, if they so desire.

zen death robot
May 27, 2001
I fixed the thread

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
e: nvm

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zen death robot posted:

I fixed the thread

Thank you very much. It also happened to the Friday Night thread, if it's not too much trouble. ZDR FTW!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

zen death robot posted:

I fixed the thread

Thank you

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

bless you zdr

different timestamp from that Austin vid that had me crying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acDBxkQ6NaU&t=849s

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

:worship:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTkDefs3-sI

thanks zdr

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

the first ten minutes of the star trek borg play date is funnier than anything gbwest has put out in eons

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

absolutely anything posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOI4XJecOc0

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

So did they say PUBG is or isn't eligible for Game of the Year?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i don't know if they said but they've generally excluded early access titles from the site-wide goty discussions, but people are free to put whatever they want on their personal lists

pubg is such a game changer though that i won't be surprised if they include it

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

i don't know if they said but they've generally excluded early access titles from the site-wide goty discussions, but people are free to put whatever they want on their personal lists

pubg is such a game changer though that i won't be surprised if they include it

thanks for the awesome input Einstein

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

you're welcome

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Jeff said he does not want to change the rule about early access this year just because of one game. If it has a full release this year then it will be eligible, otherwise no. Then they will probably have a discussion about changing the rule about early access for future years.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I think the fact that nobody has talked about it since winning is pretty telling but this is GB and they've made weirder decisions before

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

my personal game of the year and giant bomb’s official game of the year have yet to align, but maybe this’ll be the year? or more likely it’ll be an extremely long three way brawl between Wolfenstein and the South Park game and Horizon Zero Dawn while i teeter on the edge of my seat

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

HolePisser1982 posted:

my personal game of the year and giant bomb’s official game of the year have yet to align, but maybe this’ll be the year? or more likely it’ll be an extremely long three way brawl between Wolfenstein and the South Park game and Horizon Zero Dawn while i teeter on the edge of my seat

i believe in the alex-ben nier deathpact

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

BotW GotY or DIE

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

If PUBG comes out this year, I think they give it #1.

If not, then Zelda. Wolfenstein maybe. Mario Odyssey I could see being #1, in the Top 5, or not on the list at all.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sir John Feelgood posted:

If PUBG comes out this year, I think they give it #1.

If not, then Zelda. Wolfenstein maybe. Mario Odyssey I could see being #1, in the Top 5, or not on the list at all.

theyll say only mario or zelda can be on the list and make dan pick zelda

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

Lol

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

elf help book posted:

It was real hosed when they did that to dan during I think his first goty with giant bomb.

On the other hand the list is the sites favorite games and most of them seem apathetic about Nintendo so whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Since Cuphead came out I don't think Persona 5 is gonna take any category which is a crime against humanity