Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ehud posted:

Reposting my favorite thing from the GDT for anyone who didn't see it

https://twitter.com/SomeonesAnIdiot/status/916704182123548672

Funniest thing I've seen all year

Sent this to my dad, he loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Hustlin Floh posted:

You're forgetting UAB's gruelling triumph over the Bulldogs of Louisiana Tech

We're coming for you, Florida

Dragons

bitch

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lasagna Pilot posted:

USF is getting way too much poll respect in the Amway poll.

https://twitter.com/American_FB/status/917076661706854400

I'm really curious about USF. I've been watching more polls this season to see how my nascent elo thing is lining up and like CBS loved these guys from the preseason, but I haven't seen a game yet.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Hustlin Floh posted:

You're forgetting UAB's gruelling triumph over the Bulldogs of Louisiana Tech

We're coming for you, Florida

The question you must ask yourself is "are the UAB Blazers better than Vanderbilt?" That is the knife-edge on which wins and losses balance for Florida.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
This week was real bad but also now it's ou/tx week and fuuuuuuuuck texas

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Disrespect for the One True Team of Iowa :mad:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

FS-Poo

Mouse Cadet
Mar 19, 2009

All aboard the McEltrain
Next Stop: Atlanta
Any UAB students/alums here? I'm a grad student there. I'm also a Gator and legit hope UAB beats them.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Benne posted:

Can Notre Dame start losing again, I don't like seeing them creep up like this.

I hate Notre Dame as much as the next person, but right now their resume is relatively solid. Kicked the poo poo out of a 1-loss Michigan State (themselves coming off a big upset win), and their only loss is to a top-5 Georgia at home by 1 point.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Quandary posted:

This week was real bad but also now it's ou/tx week and fuuuuuuuuck texas

On the other hand, gently caress OU.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Coco13 posted:

I am posting from the athletic facilities next to Jack Trice Stadium, home to the only team in college football with a quality win, the Iowa State Cyclones.

Nice.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Benne posted:

New AP poll

TEAM LW
1. Alabama (43) 1
2. Clemson (18) 2
3. Penn State 4
4. Georgia 5
5. Washington 6
6. TCU 8
7. Wisconsin 9
8. Washington State 11
9. Ohio State 10
10. Auburn 12
11. Miami 13
12. Oklahoma 3
13. USC 14
14. Oklahoma State 15
15. Virginia Tech 16
16. Notre Dame 21
17. Michigan 7
18. South Florida NR
19. San Diego State NR
20. NC State 24
21. Michigan State NR
22. UCF 25
23. Stanford NR
24. Texas Tech NR
25. Navy NR

ALSO RECEIVING VOTES:
Georgia Tech
West Virginia
Louisville
Utah
LSU
Florida
Kentucky
Iowa State
Texas A&M
Memphis

N O I C E

Arnold Layne
Nov 4, 2008

Mark Walton is having ankle surgery and is out for the year.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
Virginia is 4-1 with the next three games against UNC, Pittsburgh, and Boston College. Unthinkable at the start of the season, a bowl game isn't totally out of the question. We have our typically brutal November, so need to win two of these three. Whatever lovely bowl we go to I promise to attend.

I actually wondered at one point, hypothetically, where the ACC championship game was being held this year before I started laughing hysterically because god hates me and we will not play for an ACC football championship in my lifetime.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

lol at UF still receiving votes

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Mouse Cadet posted:

Any UAB students/alums here? I'm a grad student there. I'm also a Gator and legit hope UAB beats them.

yo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Michigan State has the same record as Michigan, beat them in Ann Arbor, and their loss is to a Top 20 team.

So obviously they're ranked below Michigan in both polls.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

a neat cape posted:

It's called every year before 2011 you giant baby

Guess the hate Boise State used to get had to go somewhere

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

PostNouveau posted:

Michigan State has the same record as Michigan, beat them in Ann Arbor, and their loss is to a Top 20 team.

So obviously they're ranked below Michigan in both polls.

You should be worried about the real travesty. Iowa State has more "receiving votes" than Texas even though Texas walked into Ames and beat them!

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Fuckin Michigan above Sparty. Bull poo poo.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA has a better resume than Washington and Penn State and is behind them in some capacity between the two polls

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Oh yeah PS gently caress OU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

KKKLIP ART posted:

UGA has a better resume than Washington and Penn State and is behind them in some capacity between the two polls

UGA is just beating up on a cupcake conference though.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

KKKLIP ART posted:

Don't hover over this spoiler if you don't want your mind blown.

Polls don't really mean anything if they're not the final CFP poll

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sab0921 posted:

You should be worried about the real travesty. Iowa State has more "receiving votes" than Texas even though Texas walked into Ames and beat them!

:lol: Either one receiving votes.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Mark Walton out for the season. Congrats VT on the coastal title.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

[quote="“all-Rush mixtape”" post="“477186961”"]
Don’t hover over this spoiler if you don’t want your mind blown.

Polls don’t really mean anything if they’re not the final CFP poll
[/quote]

Of course, it is just poking at the subjectivity of polling to begin with

Mouse Cadet
Mar 19, 2009

All aboard the McEltrain
Next Stop: Atlanta

Nice! Dragons beyaaatch!

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Dilber posted:

GT-VT for the division title

again

as god intended

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Sab0921 posted:

UGA is just beating up on a cupcake conference though.

The PAC12 and Big 10 are really that much better?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Dilber posted:

Homer is good but yea, you guys have a serious depth issue now.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Receiving Votes mother fuckers.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

It's kind of pointless to argue who should or should not go to the playoffs before at least the beginning of November. A week ago, everyone assumed OU would be undefeated. A lot can and will happen in the next month.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
On Elo (note: I don't know what 538's Elo formula is so my results are different than theirs since I'm using a lightly adapted Elo meant for Settlers of Catan of all things, which might be less complex) UCF is ranked 33rd, but the more holistic formula (which is a loving mess, admittedly, since this is my first year trying this) has them at 18. Right now what's stopping them from being higher (hilariously they'd be ranked 1 based on one of the subformulas, but it's the one I have least faith in and also favors small samples) is lack of games and A General Consensus That Their Conference is Bad.

My eye test generally agrees with that consensus, but part of why I'm doing this is to over the years establish if the conference bias is legitimate or not.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Komet posted:

It's kind of pointless to argue who should or should not go to the playoffs before at least the beginning of November. A week ago, everyone assumed OU would be undefeated. A lot can and will happen in the next month.

Exactly.

There are 3-2 teams in all power 5 conferences that could win out and be there at the end, its just the way the system works.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

buddhanc posted:

Enjoy this gem from the shaggy game thread:

"The crowd was lacking big time. Thought I was tuning into a high school game. Austin Millennials should be rounded up via pickup trucks with beer drinking rednecks and forced to scrub the guano poo poo from the stadium. I'm so tired of the "me" generation that my 17 year old son isn't allowed to look at his loving phone when he's at home. He has no Facebook account and I don't put up with any GD whining. It's their helicopter fag parents and liberals that created this touchy feely mess we have in Austin. A good war would change all of this imho."

I mean, he's not wrong.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I mean, he's not wrong.

See, that's a bad post, El Penis.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Mukaikubo posted:

GT-VT for the division title

again

as god intended
I call that game the Tech Warz.

The 'z' makes it futuristic :pcgaming:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Crotch Bat posted:

See, that's a bad post, El Penis.

He's not right either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

My favorite part is the parent thinking their kid doesn't have a FB account because he doesn't need it, not realizing that FB is old garbage used by even older garbage people and nobody under 20 uses it for anything anymore. FB is hot diarrhea your racist relatives use to post "I stand" memes.

• Locked thread