Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's weird millions of people watch those videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InNHB9J0eqs

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Help Im Alive posted:

Especially because the "theory" is pure conjecture in 95% of them while the voice is pretty annoying in 100% of them

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Help Im Alive posted:

There are very few long-form game analysis videos out there that are actually worthy of the term. I think the Joseph Anderson guy is pretty okay. Game Theory is just mostly pathetic meandering with obnoxious clipart insert cuts every half second.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Guys, is this character from this one game actually this character from this completely unrelated game?

No, but what if

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

predicting my top 10 of the year games is gonna look like

Yakuza 0
Resident Evil 7
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Prey
Persona 5
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
Destiny 2
Mario Odyssey

needless to say I did not expect to enjoy Destiny 2 this much or hell, a loving Rabbids XCOM so much. I could see Metroid or the new Xenoblade taking up spots on here eventually, though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Hm , I don't think I've even played 10 new games in 2017. In order from the beginning of the year...

Horizon Zero Dawn
Night in the Woods
Nier Automata
Injustice 2
Hellblade
Sonic Mania
Divinity Original Sin 2
Life is Strange: Before the Storm

Of those I probably enjoyed HZD, Hellblade and NITW the most.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I don't see Doki Doki Literature Club on either of those lists :v:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

This is just Bad Rats and Knack 2 all over again.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Trying to think of games where I finished the story campaigns this year:
Horizon Zero Dawn
Nier Automata
Mass Effect Andromeda
Doom
Call of Duty Black Ops III
Injustice 2
Destiny 2
Cuphead :eyepop:

Really want to find the time to finish Night in the Woods, and Persona 5.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

This is just Bad Rats and Knack 2 all over again.

C'mon, if I wanted to do that I'd be asking about the sequel to Heart's Medicine

Doki Doki's good and short, but also yeah it's not GOTY material.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That reminds me, any trip reports on Dr. Cares - Pet Rescue 911? I am digging the theming but I hope it doesn't have more minigames than Heart's Medicine did

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Hm , I don't think I've even played 10 new games in 2017. In order from the beginning of the year...

Horizon Zero Dawn
Night in the Woods
Nier Automata
Injustice 2
Hellblade
Sonic Mania
Divinity Original Sin 2
Life is Strange: Before the Storm

Of those I probably enjoyed HZD, Hellblade and NITW the most.

I loved NITW so much; in a slower year I'd put it at the top. Others I liked so far were Injustice 2, ARMS, Monolith, Golf Story, Slime-San, Friday the 13th. Currently playing Ruiner but I doubt it'll crack any lists for me, a lot drags it down as you move onward. And I doubt I'll be able to finish Horizon since it's between that and Persona 5.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What games from this year will you all be playing into 2018? I'm going to continue playing Injustice 2 up until whenever Mortal Kombat XI comes out.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

[quote="“exquisite tea”" post="“477188889”"]
There are very few long-form game analysis videos out there that are actually worthy of the term. I think the Joseph Anderson guy is pretty okay. Game Theory is just mostly pathetic meandering with obnoxious clipart insert cuts every half second.
[/quote]

The good ones i know are

Errant signal
Joeseph anderson
Noah gervais
Bunnyhop
Mark brown
Hbomb

I never watch any of their poo poo anymore really cause im taking care of dis baby but they're good at reflecting on poo poo and focus on stuff that isnt just the new thing to get views

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

NieR: Automata, Persona 5, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Splatoon 2, Tekken 7, Prey, Resident Evil 7, Nioh, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Injustice 2.

Special Award for Re-release: Bayonetta / Vanquish

Things I still need to play that might make it: Uncharted LL, Mario Odyssey, FF12, Destiny 2, Knack 2, Nex Machina, Night in the Woods, Golf Story, Wolfenstein: The New Colossus

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 9, 2017

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

High-five broken avatar buddy :hf:

Edit: It pays to refresh threads, folks!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Oh yeah I also played For Honor in 2017, about 100 hours of it actually that I have apparently all but forgotten. Such is the way of ubisoft.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I said come in! posted:

What games from this year will you all be playing into 2018? I'm going to continue playing Injustice 2 up until whenever Mortal Kombat XI comes out.

Splatoon 2 and Under Night In Birth EXE Late[st]

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Under Night In Birth EXE Late[st]

English version wait is killing me

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If Destiny 2 is good, probably that?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Battle Brothers, No Man's Sky, Tangledeep, etc.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
everyone, lets play the old earthbound halloween hack this month, in which dr. andonuts says gently caress and also the other f word

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

The Colonel posted:

everyone, lets play the old earthbound halloween hack this month, in which dr. andonuts says gently caress and also the other f word

No thank you

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Maybe in honor of the spooky month I'll give Secret World Legends a shot

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i cleared the tubba blubba chapter of paper mario so the only halloween game for me this month now is silent hill

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I beat A Hat in Time. What a fantastic game! I have no idea what The Colonel was talking about regarding the final boss feeling weird because of the game's development.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

I can't believe it, the second f word...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

homeless snail posted:

I can't believe it, the second f word...

Fanny

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB9cj38WeCY

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CJacobs posted:

I beat A Hat in Time. What a fantastic game! I have no idea what The Colonel was talking about regarding the final boss feeling weird because of the game's development.

the entire ending being moustache girl sitting on a throne and judging people for being bad, and then getting confused when you fight alongside people who tried to kill you the entire game who then shout at her to go away and how they don't need a hero, felt extremely weird imo taking into account the drama with mecha the slag and their awkward silence about leaving jontron in the game, it read to me like a message about how you can't judge other people as lovely for stuff they've done because everyone is kind of lovely while also having the super gross subtext of multiple people who have a history of being objectively terrible. but i've seen a few people say they didn't get that sense from it at all, so i guess i'm really just reading into it too much

still, it is definitely like the best 3d platformer i've played in years and a sequel that further expands on everything it does so well is something i'd buy immediately

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

The Colonel posted:

I hate fun.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This year was a good year for gamer babies, three in this thread alone iirc

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is that gamers having babies or gamers that are babies

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Baby gamers, gamer babies, each leads to the other, ouroboros

Jay Rust fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 9, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

GAMER BABIES HAVING GAMER BABIES

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Gamer rabies madness babies.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

gamer baby buggy bumpers

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

don't get it mixed up with gamers babies, the ona spin off of gamers where all the characters are gaming babies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

When I read "Gamer Babies" I heard the theme to Muppet Babies in my head.

Also I am going to add Yakuza 0 to my top ten list even though I just watched a Let's Play. I am playing Yakuza Kiwami right now so I will just extrapolate through the transitive property

• Locked thread