Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
-Trump Supporter
-Smug
-Drives for Hendrick
-Got a free ride his whole life
-Has gotten more shots already than his dad got in 20+ years

take your pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
https://twitter.com/Yates_Doug/status/915042363705298944

What a week.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"I want to win to be a part of the 24 legacy."

(Changes number to 9)

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

https://twitter.com/ShaunDonphotog/status/915272653316947969

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNASCAR/status/915617760603983874

:tif:

If Richard Petty were running today, he'd make all the races because nobody DNQs anymore.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Let's have a laugh. Or a groan. You decide.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-63uQe8wWhA

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

iospace posted:

Let's have a laugh. Or a groan. You decide.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-63uQe8wWhA

How is William Byron going to win a Cup race when he can't figure out scissors cuts paper? :wtc:

e- https://twitter.com/MattWeaverAW/status/916026166376636416

How many guys are gonna use that runoff area between 3 and 4 as a line?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 5, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CBJSprague24 posted:

How is William Byron going to win a Cup race when he can't figure out scissors cuts paper? :wtc:

e- https://twitter.com/MattWeaverAW/status/916026166376636416

How many guys are gonna use that runoff area between 3 and 4 as a line?

Only if it's paved.

Big:

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Of all the things that have happened in the last few years this is what surprises me the most. One of the most historic tracks is sacrificing an oval race to run a road course layout.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

CactusWeasle posted:

Of all the things that have happened in the last few years this is what surprises me the most. One of the most historic tracks is sacrificing an oval race to run a road course layout.

NASCAR is in pretty much the same situation Indycar was in. They needed another [road course] race and the only place that could accommodate them is the infield of one of their most important tracks. The Indy GP was sacrilegious in its own way, as will be the Charlotte roval race.

If I'm honest, I wouldn't terribly mind it if NASCAR started integrating additional refined rovals into its schedule. Maybe even make three trips to a track, with one of them being on roval race. It would become quasi-multi-disciplined like Indycar, which is appealing to me.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Rovals are bad

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Norns posted:

Rovals are bad

The question is if they're better or worse than 1.5 mile cookie-cutters.

I know which one I'd rather have.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

WindyMan posted:

NASCAR is in pretty much the same situation Indycar was in. They needed another [road course] race and the only place that could accommodate them is the infield of one of their most important tracks. The Indy GP was sacrilegious in its own way, as will be the Charlotte roval race.

If I'm honest, I wouldn't terribly mind it if NASCAR started integrating additional refined rovals into its schedule. Maybe even make three trips to a track, with one of them being on roval race. It would become quasi-multi-disciplined like Indycar, which is appealing to me.

At least the Indy RC was not Indy's doing but F1's. This is entirely on NASCAR.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

iospace posted:

At least the Indy RC was not Indy's doing but Tony George's.

Fixed that for you.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

WindyMan posted:

The question is if they're better or worse than 1.5 mile cookie-cutters.

I know which one I'd rather have.

:agreed: Rovals suck but I'll take anything other than 1.5 mile D ovals.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I'll watch for the clusterfuck, I can't believe they are actually doing this, shark jumping etc etc aspect of it all.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Speaking of jumping the shark, Hendrick released their 2018 schemes and they're all ugly as gently caress.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

William Byron really, truly is an EA NASCAR Career Mode come to life, from the meteoric rise to taking Jeff Gordon's car and paint scheme when it's made available.

Even though it's technically the 5 car.

E- Is his agent's name is Ace Moneymaker? That would be the icing on the cake.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 6, 2017

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

WindyMan posted:

NASCAR is in pretty much the same situation Indycar was in. They needed another [road course] race and the only place that could accommodate them is the infield of one of their most important tracks.

I think NHMS was the more obvious option, which means I'm sure it never crossed their minds.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Norns posted:

Rovals are bad

Better than ovals dude

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Better than ovals dude

Ehhhh I watch nascar for ovals tbh

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Norns posted:

Ehhhh I watch nascar for ovals tbh

Well it'll still be like 85% ovals so meh

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Man these look good

https://twitter.com/TeamHendrick/status/916077938063413248

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Three babies and the old man.

Who likely will end up winning more races and cups than the other three combined.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

iospace posted:

Three babies and the old man.

Who likely will end up winning more races and cups than the other three combined.

Yeah, that just made me realize it. In 2015, Hendrick had drivers that would go on to get 220 wins (18+93+83+26), and all four drivers had at least 1 season where they were far and away the winningest driver (Kahne in 06, Jr in 04, and JJ and Gordon multiple times). Now they have 83 wins total, all JJ.

On a bigger scale, NASCAR has lost Biffle who had 19 wins, Edwards had 28, Kenseth had 38, Stewart had 49, plus Gordon and Jr above. There has been a huge drain of recognizable, established winners lately. Just another thing that probably isnt helping ratings.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cygni posted:

Yeah, that just made me realize it. In 2015, Hendrick had drivers that would go on to get 220 wins (18+93+83+26), and all four drivers had at least 1 season where they were far and away the winningest driver (Kahne in 06, Jr in 04, and JJ and Gordon multiple times). Now they have 83 wins total, all JJ.

On a bigger scale, NASCAR has lost Biffle who had 19 wins, Edwards had 28, Kenseth had 38, Stewart had 49, plus Gordon and Jr above. There has been a huge drain of recognizable, established winners lately. Just another thing that probably isnt helping ratings.

Losing established names is never a bad thing because new blood can enter the sport, but all of it happening at once is troubling.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Why is the 9 as far forward as it is on the doors of Elliott's car for next year? It couldn't just be because it's a picture of the diecast, but one angle I just saw makes it look like the 9 is almost under the a post.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

NBC just showed a montage of Chase Elliott losing races late and it was delightful for those who like schadenfreude.

Also, the race starts at 1pm now instead of 3:30 due to the hurricane. Won't someone please think of the West Coast Audience? :ohdear:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

NBC just showed a montage of Chase Elliott losing races late and it was delightful for those who like schadenfreude.

Also, the race starts at 1pm now instead of 3:30 due to the hurricane. Won't someone please think of the West Coast Audience? :ohdear:

Earlier start time works great for me. Gives me time to bust out the grill one more time after the race

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

*ahem* this member of the West Coast audience loves early races. Ideally it'd start at 9 am for me.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Rick Allen: "So Kyle Busch is off the five minute clock, but the clock will reset the next time they come down to repair the racecar."

Steve Letarte: "That's actually not how it works. Once the clock is cleared, it's done."

The play-by-play announcer for the Cup series on NBC doesn't know how the rules work.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

That's OK, no one else does either.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wait 5 minutes I'm sure at some point he'll be right about it when they change the rules again

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

It would be nice if they had someone like Mike Pereira.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Elitist Bitch posted:

Wouldn't matter, even an equivalent NASCAR type would sound like Pereira does anytime he's trying to describe what a "catch" is thanks to NASCARs loose interpretation of it's own rules.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

Rick Allen: "So Kyle Busch is off the five minute clock, but the clock will reset the next time they come down to repair the racecar."

Steve Letarte: "That's actually not how it works. Once the clock is cleared, it's done."

The play-by-play announcer for the Cup series on NBC doesn't know how the rules work.

to be fair to Rick, Kyle crashed his car like 3 more times during the race before it mercy killed itself at the end and almost took him wiht it

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/18diego_dd/status/917589909426249728

:golfclap:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

First standing room only race we've had in ages

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

That unironically owns bones, and I want to participate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Elitist Bitch posted:

They briefly had Andy Petree in that role on FOX.

e- Turns out the ISM screens at tracks are sumbitchin' space robits sent to analyze everybody that goes to racetracks! (Cue Early Cuyler ranting about the government)

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/20990688/nascar-being-watched-watch

e2- Junyer tells the story of how Dale Sr. indirectly got him got fired from his own dealership: https://www.nascar.com/video/franchise/trackside-live/how-dale-jr-being-fired-led-to-his-racing-career/?linkId=100000001302185

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Oct 12, 2017

• Locked thread