Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That scene was good but I can't even remember her singing in it, I thought she got too angry and berserk due to missing her date to sing. Guess my memory's wrong.

My favourite Hibiki song is Little Miracle - Grip it Tight. I think mostly because it's used very well. It's always cool when a character busts out a new song due to character development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I can never remember the names of the songs, but the one that played over the credits of the last episode was pretty cool.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/zoid9000/status/915936367007244288

https://twitter.com/zoid9000/status/915936580077891586

:getin:

Miku's gonna become so powerful

Edit: I initially thought the "Destructor God" form referred to Hibiki's golden gear at the end, but apparently that actually refers to Big Scary Monster Hibiki, so on second thought I'll actually root against that happening to Miku. I'd rather see her get to kick some rear end rather than need to be rescued again.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 5, 2017

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I actually watched Season 1 and G again with a friend while AXZ was just starting and pretty much what everyone has said about the Fine reveal was the worst thing in S1, they tried really hard to pretend the audience didn't already guess who she was. Other than that I think it wasn't as bad as I remembered. The Miku fight in G is probably my favorite episode in the series.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/0rganophosphate/status/916717039082987520

good twitter bio

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

:rip: Link

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

its ok he took a lot of drugs beforehand

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
playing that tune allows him to operate at a higher capacity
but as lessail said there is no reason to worry
for in this higher capacity, he is more of himself than ever before

in comparison to the original link, he is...

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

graybook posted:

playing that tune allows him to operate at a higher capacity
but as lessail said there is no reason to worry
for in this higher capacity, he is more of himself than ever before

in comparison to the original link, he is...

...link-er

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I finally knocked out the last four episodes and I'm mostly satisfied. A few thoughts:
  • The "Gungnir is a philosophical weapon that kills gods" thing was the funniest reveal so far in Symphogear. I love it to death.
  • I felt like the "Hibiki turned into a chrysalis and then a monster" thing dragged out for a little bit too long for how little it ultimately mattered/how easily it was resolved; it gave us a great "Miku is our ultimate weapon" moment and a really cute Hibiki/Miku moment, but I would have liked it more if she had stomped around a little or gone on a bit of a rampage before Miku stopped her. It just felt framed weirdly because it didn't feel like a terribly desperate situation at all aside from that one time where Maria had to stop her from ganking the tanks.
  • I'll go against popular opinion and say that I liked Adam as a main villain. He's just such a god damned idiot dork Oddjobbing people with his fedora and running around waving his severed arm while yelling about perfection that I can't help but love him, and his final form was a lot more visually interesting in a fight than any of the other Final Symphogear Boss enemies we've seen so far. His death line was also boss as hell.
  • The final fight was my favorite final fight in the series, but not my favorite fight period; that probably still goes to Miku vs Hibiki.
  • The alchemists randomly not being dead with a throwaway "we faked our own deaths and then opted to not show up again at all until this climactic moment with an item to resolve this particular crisis" was awkward and badly done, but I'm really happy with the decision to give them a noble sacrifice that actually aligns perfectly with Saint-Germain's ideals.

Overall, my personal ranking would probably be S1 > G > AXZ > GX.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shamelessly stealing from the fanart thread (thanks Kaiser Mazoku)

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Kirika and Scyther let's go

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tsubasa's Pokemon should be a Skarmory because her swords are actually wings.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

she can have six Pokemon you know

also Chris would have an Octillery, Cinccino, Cloyster, Toucannon, Talonflame, and Rhyperior.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

And not a Clawitzer? Come on. It's basically the gun pokemon.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

There are too many Pokemon that involved blasting things and cannons as a theme.

But I wanted to put Talonflame in there because it's red and its Japanese name references arrows, so I'm not sure which one to replace.

EDIT -

Kirika
- Scyther
- Bisharp
- Gallade
- Mismagius
- Murkrow
- Cacturne

Maria
- Jigglypuff
- Kangaskhan
- Leavanny
- Purugly (it's fat and she loves it)
- Clefable
- Primarina

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 12, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Decidueye is an archer so...

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Oh yeah, arrows she should definitely have Decidueye in there.

And like Cloyster and Rhyperior have icicle spear and rock blast and all but there are several far more projectile/gun/arrow based pokemon out there.

E: Also if you want a red pokemon for her shiny Clawitzer fits the bill. And it's y'know 80% a gun.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Okay, replace Talonflame with Decidueye, and Rhyperior is more Chris's style so replace Cloyster with Shiny Clawitzer.

Kirika
- Scyther
- Bisharp
- Gallade
- Mismagius
- Murkrow
- Cacturne

Maria
- Jigglypuff
- Kangaskhan
- Leavanny
- Purugly (it's fat and she loves it)
- Clefable
- Primarina

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Maria is obviously three jigglypuffs and three wigglytuffs.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

chumbler posted:

she needs an actual cat, at least.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

chumbler posted:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Maria with a Puff is still maybe the most powerful Symphogear fanart.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I can't tell which one is Maria.

EDIT - trying to think of a team for Shirabe is tough. I can think of a few rabbits and the like but there's not any yo yo or sawblade themed Pokemon that come to mine.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rollout Milktank.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Maria with a Puff is still maybe the most powerful Symphogear fanart.

It's the rare sort of fanart that actually makes me wonder what the original designers think of it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

I can't tell which one is Maria.

EDIT - trying to think of a team for Shirabe is tough. I can think of a few rabbits and the like but there's not any yo yo or sawblade themed Pokemon that come to mine.

Buneary, Bisharp because its chest blades remind me of saws, Whirlipede because spins, Golurk because her ultimate attack in G is piloting a mech, Watchog Because Jiiiii, and I wanted a vaguely Fine like pokemon because of reincarnation but I can't think of one.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I already gave Bisharp to Kirika.

Though I suppose if anyone on the team uses the same kind of Pokemon it's those two.

EDIT - The Fine-like Pokemon can be Gardevoir because Kirika has a Gallade and it uses barriers and has connections to the moon.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

You could probably go Magearna for Shirabe

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

A mythic, bold.

But it also fits pretty well.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fine would use legendary pokemon and Shirabe's a Fine so it fits.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The real question: Kanade. I can see her using a bunch of flashy 'Mons, but which ones.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

iospace posted:

The real question: Kanade. I can see her using a bunch of flashy 'Mons, but which ones.

Just 6 raging gyarados.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

chumbler posted:

Just 6 raging gyarados.

All shiny?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

she needs a Blaziken because flaming rooster

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Spiritus Nox posted:

It's the rare sort of fanart that actually makes me wonder what the original designers think of it.

it's perfect

I can't really contribute to Pokemon Chat, I really only played the first couple of games. Hibiki should have Eevee because Hibiki sounds like Eevee and Eevee is cute.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Hibiki should have an Audino

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Hibiki would totally have a Machamp. And an Incineroar.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hibiki is definitely not a heel. If she was going to have a wrestle-mon it'd be Hawlucha.

Also, she'd have a Hitmonchan because fists and also she and Genjuuro sing a song from a Jackie Chan movie in G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Hibiki is definitely not a heel. If she was going to have a wrestle-mon it'd be Hawlucha.

Also, she'd have a Hitmonchan because fists and also she and Genjuuro sing a song from a Jackie Chan movie in G

Beast Mode Hibiki needs some rep too.

• Locked thread