Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Trig Discipline posted:

it's honestly the nadir of american culture, like every single thing that makes people from abroad go "hey what the gently caress is going on with america" is at or near its peak in oklahoma. culturally it's a mix of the midwest, the southwest, and the south, but primarily just the worst bits of each.

i mean just look at what it leads the country in

http://www.statemaster.com/state/OK/Top-Rankings

http://www.statemaster.com/state/OK/Bottom-Rankings

my friend from oklahoma likes to remind us of the burning of black wallstreet whenever we say the places we're from are really racist

Improbable Lobster posted:

here are some words that are as old as me

i have to question their sources on this one because cisgender is literally just the actual prefix cis (meaning "straight" or "aligned with") with the word gender and there's no way 1992 is the first time any person put those together.

fun fact, all fats that aren't trans fats are cis fats. in humans and foods! (fake edit: always for getting about intersex people in ur cutting edge humor, shaaaame)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cis autodrag posted:

i have to question their sources on this one because cisgender is literally just the actual prefix cis (meaning "straight" or "aligned with") with the word gender and there's no way 1992 is the first time any person put those together.

i'm fairy sure that this is the first year they added the word to the dictionary, and not the first time A Person Somewhere ever said the word or wrote it down or published it.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
im a cisgenderfat

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

i'm fairy sure

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

cis autodrag posted:

my friend from oklahoma likes to remind us of the burning of black wallstreet whenever we say the places we're from are really racist

People > Total Native Americans

:911:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

i'm fairy sure

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it upsets me that the media has apparently forgotten Wounded Knee when they tally up the list of deadliest mass shootings in american history

it's a, um, a british expression

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
rolling up military actions into the "mass shootings" category somewhat downplays the seriousness of what actually occurred

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

downplaying the mass murder of 300 unarmed civilians as a "military action" is a really bad look, even for you, stymie

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the fact that they were murdered with the full sanction of the government makes the situation a whole lot more serious, especially since the government didn't apologize until a full century after the fact

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oh, well, i agree with that, but regardless, it's still the largest-civilian-loss-of-life-by-guns-in-a-single-incident in american history and it's good to make sure people remember what happened.

otherwise we get this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfEjdihKnYk

e: i suppose this is both games and racism. oh well

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it also cheapens modern mass shootings to compare them to military massacres because it distracts from the fact that so many deaths were caused by just one heavily armed person

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Stymie posted:

it also cheapens modern mass shootings to compare them to military massacres because it distracts from the fact that so many deaths were caused by just one heavily armed person

to be fair modern mass shootings are already cheap due to oversupply

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Trig Discipline posted:

to be fair modern mass shootings are already cheap due to oversupply

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

for once im agreeing with stymie. maybe it's better to call them "rogue mass murderers" to distinguish from wounded knee etc, but there's no way in hell it's the same category of events other than meaninglessly broad "death by gun"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

oh, well, i agree with that, but regardless, it's still the largest-civilian-loss-of-life-by-guns-in-a-single-incident in american history and it's good to make sure people remember what happened.

otherwise we get this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfEjdihKnYk

e: i suppose this is both games and racism. oh well

im watching the video and can't even tell who's pretending or how many talker there are in the video

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

my mom always says "oklahoma is a great place to be FROM" which i think is true

it sets the bar so low that everywhere else is amazing

im from california and my grandparents are "grapes of wrath" okies. that term was a serious slander to anyone who was from there, but gently caress oklahoma. nothing good has ever come from that shithole and nothing good will

including my family

e; my ex moved to OK to be his family after he trashed me so i hope he enjoys that pisshole of a state

DiggityDoink fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Oct 9, 2017

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DiggityDoink posted:

e; my ex moved to OK to be his family after he trashed me so i hope he enjoys that pisshole of a state

the best revenge is living well and i reckon you're revenging pretty hard

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
tirg how long u gonna be in frankfurt for, im gonna be in mainz for work this spring

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
this video turned out to be a lot more dystopian than i was expecting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nLiQBV6A7c

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

prefect posted:

this video turned out to be a lot more dystopian than i was expecting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nLiQBV6A7c

best one he did was "go insane" i still rock that song every once in awhile

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

i'm late on this but i am the same age as hip-hop and tcp/ip

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
air guitar, gazillionaire, electronica, usenet, tiki bar

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

i'm late on this but i am the same age as hip-hop and tcp/ip

T&A, MRSA, first world problem and codependency round mine out

e: female genital mutilation :ohdear:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/lolita108go/status/917252863155306497

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/atlasobscura/status/917385950992519169

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
im all of these words

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

fishmech posted:

im all of these words

generalissimo francisco franco is still dead

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bump_fn posted:

tirg how long u gonna be in frankfurt for, im gonna be in mainz for work this spring

forever if everything works out okay. may have the fam visiting at some point in june / July but outside of that we should definitely do a thing

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
im slightly sauced atm though so there's a near zero percent chance of me remembering that i said that. hmu tho and we will figure things out

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
if moving to the usa didn't pan out my backup plan was to go to germany

probably should have done that anyway tbh, at least that way years 25-32 of my life wouldn't have been basically a complete waste :smith: (it worked out in the end but i question whether the drudgery was worth it)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Trig Discipline posted:

im slightly sauced atm though so there's a near zero percent chance of me remembering that i said that. hmu tho and we will figure things out

:hfive:

i've got the day off, and i started drinking at ten o'clock :woop:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Trig Discipline posted:

forever if everything works out okay. may have the fam visiting at some point in june / July but outside of that we should definitely do a thing

nice

pm me if ur ever about london

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/917343206710288384

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
do cartoons turn people into broke-brained manchildren, or are broke-brained manchildren simply more attracted to cartoons in the first place

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its the later. especially when the cartoon is about broke brained manchildren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Trig Discipline posted:

a bit generous imo

btw do you still live in germany because i move to frankfurt in 12 days

yeah i live in berlin

• Locked thread