Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

Last night, I sent a trade offer for my Melvin Gordon, Davante Adams, and Mark Ingram for LeVeon Bell. (I have Jordy, Adams, and Cobb then I also have Tevin Coleman and Ingram that would be my choice for Flex)

It got accepted 30 minutes ago.

I forgot to cancel that one...but I'm still getting Bell, I guess.

Man, that was an overpay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Yeah what the gently caress was that.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
:shrug:

He said I could reject it, but I felt that wasn't fair.

Adams wasn't gonna crack my starting lineup with Jordy, Hogan, and Fitzgerald along with Cobb. Ingram is kind of a possible hit or miss stash. Bell > Melvin

89 fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 8, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Yeah what the gently caress was that.

An 89 trade, that's what

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

89 posted:

Last night, I sent a trade offer for my Melvin Gordon, Davante Adams, and Mark Ingram for LeVeon Bell. (I have Jordy, Adams, and Cobb then I also have Tevin Coleman and Ingram that would be my choice for Flex)

I thought I had a couple of good trades this week, but man, the other guy made out like a bandit on that one.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

I feel bad for Amari Cooper owners. 56 yards over the past four weeks? Wow.

89 posted:

You totally deserve this.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Santheb posted:

Worst second round pick ever so far.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Santheb posted:

I took him in the 2nd in 3 league's. It's me I missed the memo.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

89 posted:

:shrug:

He said I could reject it, but I felt that wasn't fair.

Adams wasn't gonna crack my starting lineup with Jordy, Hogan, and Fitzgerald along with Cobb. Ingram is kind of a possible hit or miss stash. Bell > Melvin

Hey man, I traded AJ Green and dropped Cam Newton all in the same week.

Don't feel bad, it happens.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Silly Burrito posted:

Yeah it's been atrocious, especially with the first week giving me so much hope. Unfortunately he clearly has no trust with the backup QB, has likely lost it with Carr, and the rest of the team's lovely problems won't make it much better. The problem was that, in the area where Cooper was being drafted, everyone had question marks.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

If you feel this way imagine how the actual team that drafted him feels. Doh!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Losing OBJ hurts :(

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Silly Burrito posted:

No, Demarco Murray is. Cooper is my worst THIRD round pick so far.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

RCarr posted:

Losing OBJ hurts :(

I feel you friend. I was gearing up to go all in in my big money league as I'm 5-0, but now I don't know if I should mini tank or buy to try and make up for losing OBJ.

drat you fantasy football!!

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
The Giants game didn't even end yet and i already received a trade offer of DJax + Garcon for my Mike Thomas, welp.

Losing OBJ freaking sucks, i was banking on my team being carried by my WR trio :(.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
I feel for all you OBJ owners. May you find solace in the Chicago WR corps.

My Charles Clay was injured as well so I've been looking at TE's and see Dickson on the FA list. Looking at his game logs suggests he's not likely to reproduce similar numbers but maybe his floor gets bumped a little? If anything Cam is playing better so that helps, and after today perhaps trusts he Dickson a little more? Tight ends suck so nothing matters.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Very happy that I dropped Hunter Henry because he had done gently caress all outside of make one good catch and have one good game.

Also happy that my opponent keeps putting up their god drat best weeks against me.

I have yet to score under 100 (.5 ppr) and it looks like im going 3-2.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

VietCampo posted:

The Giants game didn't even end yet and i already received a trade offer of DJax + Garcon for my Mike Thomas, welp.

Losing OBJ freaking sucks, i was banking on my team being carried by my WR trio :(.

That's not a half bad trade offer if you're in PPR and the waiver wire is decimated

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MakaVillian posted:

I feel you friend. I was gearing up to go all in in my big money league as I'm 5-0, but now I don't know if I should mini tank or buy to try and make up for losing OBJ.

drat you fantasy football!!

Same here. This is the first time I've ever had a team start 5-0. My team is still good, but it was basically untouchable with OBJ.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
So Miami

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/~/article-4961586/index.html

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I am winning by one point, and my opponent is done while I have Diggs left. Do I sit Diggs for Julio, thus locking things down unless there's a stat change, or do I go for the points?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I am winning by one point, and my opponent is done while I have Diggs left. Do I sit Diggs for Julio, thus locking things down unless there's a stat change, or do I go for the points?

Go for the points. The chance of him going negative is exponentially small, and the more points scored the better for tie breakers. Also, the risk of stat corrections is real.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Oct 9, 2017

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Would Michael Thomas & Emmanuel Sanders be too much/too little to offer for DHop in a .1 ppr to the guy who just lost OBJ?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Would Michael Thomas & Emmanuel Sanders be too much/too little to offer for DHop in a .1 ppr to the guy who just lost OBJ?

Seems pretty fair to me.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alfalfa posted:

Is Hopkins that much of an upgrade?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
That trade doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Thomas and Hopkins are comparable players ROS I think.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is Hopkins that much of an upgrade?

That's what I can't tell. He is definitely getting more looks than Thomas but wasn't sure if that would be justifiable. I wish he had a better RB so I could try something like Amendola, Sanders, & Ajayai for his RB, but he only has Martin, Gallman, Blount & Cohen rostered.

I'm still trying to move Ajayai and also break up having both Ingram and Thomas on my team.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
My gut says to keep Thomas. He's an elite talent and with the bye done that's one more game for him to play.

One thing I am learning is to just bail on consensus rankings and go with my gut. I had Alex Smith in my lineup but dropped him for Eli after think about the matchup and looking at a few rankings from sites like 4for4.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Okay the OBJ owner is freaking out. I might be able to get Fournette off her. I don't really have to worry about insulting her with an offer. If I can swing a Dez/Ingram for Fournette trade, I have to pull the trigger right?

It'd leave me with Manny Sanders, Diggs, Parker, and Martavis Bryant at WR.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Absolutely

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My gut says to keep Thomas. He's an elite talent and with the bye done that's one more game for him to play.

One thing I am learning is to just bail on consensus rankings and go with my gut. I had Alex Smith in my lineup but dropped him for Eli after think about the matchup and looking at a few rankings from sites like 4for4.

Alex Smith is a start every week regardless of schedule. I'm shocked 4for4 had Eli over him. His QB rankings are typically pretty solid.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I also let rankings shake me - I should have ridden the Watson train with Hopkins instead of the Jameis train with Evans.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Suave Fedora posted:

I also let rankings shake me - I should have ridden the Watson train with Hopkins instead of the Jameis train with Evans.

A rookie QB scoring 8 TDs and 1 rush TDs in 2 consecutive games has never happened before in NFL history. It was OK to roll with someone else.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Instead of just throwing things out on here I figure this might be a better way to go about it.

My goal is to move Ajayi and/or split up Ingram & Thomas (obviously keeping Thomas).

Current roster:
QB: Wilson
RB: Bell, Ajayi, Ingram, Coleman, Collins, McGuire
WR: Thomas, Sanders, Amendola, Doctson, R. Matthews, T. Williams (LAC)
TE: Graham
D/ST: Streaming
K: Streaming

I'd obviously like to somehow get a solid RB2 or WR2 out of a trade but not sure who my targets are really.

Any thoughts or suggestions as to who I could package/what I should be going after is highly appreciated.

12 Man 0PPR

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Suave Fedora posted:

QBs facing NE were performing at Brady-esque levels. Swapping in Watson for Winston was only a good idea in hindsight. Shocker, I know, but Watson isn't going to continue throwing a touchdown every third completed pass. If you're talking Hopkins vs Evans, Hopkins turned 4 catches into 3 touchdowns, don't chase that kinda flukey hindsight either.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Santheb posted:

Guess whatttttttt

It got vetoed by the league :dance:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Any league that has a veto vote is stupid and is always taken advantage of.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

AnacondaHL posted:

A rookie QB scoring 8 TDs and 1 rush TDs in 2 consecutive games has never happened before in NFL history. It was OK to roll with someone else.

Good point and thank you. The sins of the unwashed masses no longer weigh me down.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So Watt and Merciless are dead for the Texans. It's time to target their defense in matchups right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Down 6.5 points with my Jordan Howard left to play :ohdear:

• Locked thread