Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Could've been worse. They could have called the soldiers PCOS Bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Sorry I started this whole derail, I actually meant it was okay to disrespect the statues because they were soldiers, not specifically that they were confederate soldiers :shobon:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/HonoredSpirit/status/916765126996480000

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Sorry I started this whole derail, I actually meant it was okay to disrespect the statues because they were soldiers, not specifically that they were confederate soldiers :shobon:

How's this as a compromise -- it's okay to disrespect them for begin soldiers, and it's good to disrespect them for being confederates.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Dog's owner looms over sculptor's shoulder, "No, no, bigger than that. Jesus! Are you blind?" *holds up dog uncomfortably close to sculptor's face*

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
PCOS Bill's gimmick becomes funny when you realize he's posting as a George Zimmerman analogue.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

That is literally the most childlike view you could have on the subject, excepting for had you called them meanie poo heads.

No, confederate soldiers and their followers should be hung at the gallows.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Sexual Shiite posted:

PCOS Bill's gimmick becomes funny when you realize he's posting as a George Zimmerman analogue.
I don't know Zimmerman didn't seem like the Confederate type. He seems like a more basic "I never processed that black people aren't a different species" kind of a bitch.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Tough but fair :colbert:

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

DiggityDoink posted:

WRONG

The correct word is "hanged".

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Can we please not get political? Let's all just agree that the Confederate soldiers were traitors each and every one of whom deserved to be executed for treason, and the only statues involving the Confederacy that should exist today are memorials to the atrocities they committed.

Now let's get back to the funny pictures

sherman did nothing wrong

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

There are two horse statues near my workplace, and the sculptor made sure to make it very obvious that they are both meant to be males.

e: Tourists like to take photos there because it's a really nice looking square, and it's really funny watching prudish people try to find an angle where they won't get a pair of huge brass horse nuts in the picture.

Collateral Damage has a new favorite as of 11:20 on Oct 9, 2017

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

well, it is a wiener dog

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Collateral Damage posted:

There are two horse statues near my workplace, and the sculptor made sure to make it very obvious that they are both meant to be males.

Well are you gonna post the pics or what?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

DiggityDoink posted:

You know they had a draft, right?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Inescapable Duck posted:

Well are you gonna post the pics or what?

I'll see if I can find them on google image search

Edit: WELL THAT WASN'T A SMART IDEA :gonk:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

PCOS Bill posted:

That is literally the most childlike view you could have on the subject, excepting for had you called them meanie poo heads.

you misspelled accurate

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

Can we please not get political? Let's all just agree that the Confederate soldiers were traitors each and every one of whom deserved to be executed for treason, and the only statues involving the Confederacy that should exist today are memorials to the atrocities they committed.

Now let's get back to the funny pictures

You know most of the rank and file soldiers didn't have much of a choice, right?

(please don't lump me in with Bill :ohdear:

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Guy Goodbody posted:

you misspelled accurate

And the award for "Most '80s Image (Cartoon Category)" goes to...

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I like to think I would have told anyone who tried to draft me into the Confederate army to gently caress off and started a successful insurgency

Seriously, I really like to think that. It makes me feel really good about myself

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Dick Trauma posted:

Eh... wire not?

Wire whisk? Because it works.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

What has 4 legs and walks up stairs backwards?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Punkin Spunkin posted:

sherman did nothing wrong

If anything he was too merciful with the Native Americans

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

I like to think I would have told anyone who tried to draft me into the Confederate army to gently caress off and started a successful insurgency

Seriously, I really like to think that. It makes me feel really good about myself

Wasn't there a Southern man who declared his land a free state during the Civil War?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PCOS Bill posted:

It's also literally and objectively true.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The MSJ posted:

Wasn't there a Southern man who declared his land a free state during the Civil War?

I believe that was Matthew McConaughey.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'd read that comic book.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

It's also literally and objectively true.

Isn't

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

e: Tourists like to take photos there because it's a really nice looking square, and it's really funny watching prudish people try to find an angle where they won't get a pair of huge brass horse nuts in the picture.

They should just embrace it, like people literally do with the Wall Street Bull's massive scrote.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Please do not use contractions.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Please do not use contractions.

Said the doctor to PCOS Bill's Mother

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'd read that comic book.

it's called Parasyte, it's really good. they did a cartoon too

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Parasyte owns, even though the original translation is terrible.
:nws:That hand's a real dick, though.:nws:

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

I don't know what's worse -- the fact that Bill is constantly making GBS threads unfunny off-content stuff throughout the whole forum to try and make up for his fragile ego, or the fact that we respond to it.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
The local PF Chang's has a couple Horse statues outside the front door and when exiting you are confronted with this image.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Uhhh, lessee ... (flips through book of Stock Responses) ... I'm gonna go with "No ring".

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

null_pointer posted:

I don't know what's worse -- the fact that Bill is constantly making GBS threads unfunny off-content stuff throughout the whole forum to try and make up for his fragile ego, or the fact that we respond to it.

wow, how has nobody thought of this before???

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

wow, how has nobody thought of this before???

We're not terribly bright, and easily goaded :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The ad offering the assassination of Fred Astaire was in a Team Fortress 2 promo, I'm sure.