Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"unfollow [name]" and "hide all from [page]" are the best facebook features by a landslide. They're super easy ways to help clean up your feed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

DJExile posted:

"unfollow [name]" and "hide all from [page]" are the best facebook features by a landslide. They're super easy ways to help clean up your feed

Every once in a while I'll go back and add back in people I've unfollowed and that normally lasts about 5 minutes as I'm reminded why I hid them in the first place.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Just lol if you actually look at your feed.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Facebook is for:
-Wedding pictures
-Dog/cat pictures (the best part)
-baby pictures

Randomly interspersed between an endless flow of lovely rear end “viral” pages of text over an image, text over a video, or just text.

Yes Facebook, I want to see this page my friend i haven’t talked to in 8 years liked when she was a freshman in college. Thank you b

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

My birthday was yesterday and seeing a bunch of folks who have completely ignored me for months while I have been asking for assistance spam me with happy birthdays reminded me that FB is still bad

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Tennessee used the off-week to clear their minds and get back to playing winning football oh you know I'm kidding players are fighting in practice

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

DJExile posted:

I'll do you one better - create a list of the people you actually want to keep updated with and bookmark that instead of the main feed that's out of order and jammed with likes and ads.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Coco13 posted:

I'll do you one better - create a list of the people you actually want to keep updated with and bookmark that instead of the main feed that's out of order and jammed with likes and ads.

oh poo poo :stare:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/status/917074383511982080

Gameday's going to JMU.

Dukes, bithc

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

Tennessee used the off-week to clear their minds and get back to playing winning football oh you know I'm kidding players are fighting in practice

Same kid who was fighting at the end of the UGA game so my first thought is that he's got anger issues or is just immature but I'm all for blaming it on Butch - whatever gets him gone faster

I gotta believe when we lose to USCe by 2 TDs he'll be gone. Bama is a given loss so that's not going to be what does it if he's still around but if we lose to Kentucky too then he has to be gone.

Right?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/BSonnone/status/917168575013703680
:jackbud:

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

swickles posted:

I am rooting for whatever gets Nuss fired the fastest.

https://twitter.com/ThomasGoldkamp/status/917394086168055810

Jesus this would be near the bottom of the NFL.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

There's some scuttlebutt about Maryland firing AD Kevin Anderson, who seems to have been doing a solid job there on the whole, unless I'm missing something :confused:

E: Oh, that's from 2015. Nevermind :downs:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Holy gently caress Georgia Southern these are 3 fire emoji

quote:

The Eagles will honor founding coach Erk Russell, who left his job as Georgia’s defensive coordinator to serve as the inaugural head coach of the Eagles’ program. He never suffered a losing season in his eight years as head coach, posting an 83-22-1 record and rolling off four NCAA Division I-AA national championship game appearances with three victories in his final four seasons before his 1989 retirement.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

In other FCS news, Columbia is currently 4-0.

Between 2011 and 2016, they've won 9 games total, including 2 straight winless seasons.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Serious question, but why are Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, and Ohio State all shoved into one hell division? The west seems like it will be Wisconsin's to lose more often than not, with Iowa sprinkled in. Maybe Nebraska if they start being good again.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Chump Farts posted:

Serious question, but why are Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, and Ohio State all shoved into one hell division? The west seems like it will be Wisconsin's to lose more often than not, with Iowa sprinkled in. Maybe Nebraska if they start being good again.

They are all in the East. That's all.

When the Big Ten tried to mix things up, it turned out badly, then adding two more eastern teams gave them an out to just go East and West.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah it's entirely a geographic thing.

E: Leaders and Legends divisions, nvr4gt :911:

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Chump Farts posted:

Because they are legends not leaders, DUH!

gently caress! BEATEN!

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Chump Farts posted:

I was just about to say, do you not remember the leaders and legends bullshit?

Well Michigan's fight song says the leaders and best, so that means that they were in the legends division. Ohio State was in the opposite division so that was the Leaders. Wisconsin and Penn State were also which I remember because of 2011 when Bert managed to win the conference while finishing third in his division. I remember Wisconsin playing Sparty once in the Big Ten championship so they must have been in Legends and I remember Wisconsin absolutely hammering Nebraska that one time so Nebraska must have also been in the Legends.

I have no recollection of what division anyone else was in.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/wesrucker247/status/917425568223846401

It's over. Parody is dead.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

D.N. Nation posted:

Sexy Halloween pictures -> Boring baby pictures -> Russian-influenced right-wing garbage

my baby pictures are superior to everyone else's though (although this is what everyone thinks)

too bad he's about to outgrow his chief Illiniwek onesie and be relegated back to choosing between thirty pieces of bama gear

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

What the poo poo does that even mean :psyduck:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I've lost track because of all the shifts as of late, but how many teams are in FBS now?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

D.N. Nation posted:

Russian-influenced right-wing garbage

This is why I unfollowed my dad

In other news, Michigan @ Penn State in two weeks has been announced as a night game, white out

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Manoueverable posted:

I've lost track because of all the shifts as of late, but how many teams are in FBS now?

I was just looking up stats- 130. Illinois is 119th in offensive yards per game and 117 in scoring per game.

Jeff george jr needs to loving unleash the dragon

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Komet posted:

In other news, Michigan @ Penn State in two weeks has been announced as a night game, white out
My liver just shrunk three sizes in anticipation.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LLCoolJD posted:

It's cool if you need a comforting hand on your shoulder in anticipation of the dreaded Missouri game, just gimme a sec and let me finish typing this obituary for Florida football.

It isn't like you have had any sort of recent success or championships, or ability to take advantage of our lovely conference for over a decade or anything

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

What the poo poo does that even mean :psyduck:

If he's talking about specifically player reputations I don't think it's a weird statement. Some players are known as physical guys, some are in the leadership role but not necessarily overly physical. In that context it's not a weird statement but who the gently caress knows with him and I'm probably giving him too much credit.

Of course with his history everything he says is going to be over analyzed and taken out of context to make it seem as wacky as possible for clicks (which Wes is known for).

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

When I do bench press I can get those physical reps, but when i spot for someone i get those leadership reps.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

DJExile posted:

Yeah it's entirely a geographic thing.

E: Leaders and Legends divisions, nvr4gt :911:

Legends and Leaders was dumb, but I think they were sorta competitive divisons. East is so much better lol

Divisions are dumb, looking at you ACC

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

KKKLIP ART posted:

It isn't like you have had any sort of recent success or championships, or ability to take advantage of our lovely conference for over a decade or anything

All true, but at this rate I think UGA will have its way in the east for the next few seasons.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
edit: wrong thread I'm dumb

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 9, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

When I do bench press I can get those physical reps, but when i spot for someone i get those leadership reps.

Unless I'm dumb he's talking about reputation not repetitions

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I was under the impression that there was some flexibility in the Big Ten divisions as far as competitiveness is concerned. Purdue might be reasonably competitive in another year or two, but it's hard not seeing Wisconsin winning 80% of the time.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
If you held a gun to my head I still couldn't tell you who all was in Nebraska's division, nor whether it was Leaders or Legends

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Komet posted:

This is why I unfollowed my dad

oh man another night game for them? Don't tell Chris Petersen.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I know Minnesota was in Legends. They set up the two divisions so that each team would have a cross-division rival that they'd play every year. Minnesota/Wisconsin and Michigan/Ohio State were the two that stuck out to me.

Which lead to hilarity when you considered that the latter of those two always played the last game in the season and could potentially play each other the next week in the CCG. It's moot now though given they're both East Division.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

It's going to suck when we lose to Tennessee despite them being an out of control trash fire right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

LLCoolJD posted:

All true, but at this rate I think UGA will have its way in the east for the next few seasons.

-most people circa 2013

• Locked thread