Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Mr. Fowl posted:

Oh, you know who'd be fun as the protagonist? Mina Ashido. Good design and it would be interesting to see how she struggles with such a dangerous power that contrasts with her generally bubbly sort of personality.

I would love a "Fantastic Adventures of Alien Queen Pinky" spin-off. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
All Might is here. I wish he wasn't.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Quirk: Contour.

The prosthetic chin is what really pushes it over into legendary, though.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
...why is banana man from HxH cosplaying as All Might

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what chapter did this season leave off on

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nice.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

nice

thank you

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Fabricated posted:

Mina's power is hard to write around because even just sorta-burning people with weak acid is kinda hosed up so it'd mostly be Mina skating around on it punching people or using it to make people fall down or something.

Thanks for selling me on a Slapstick Comedy/Action series with Mina just tripping dudes up as she skates around.

Also I've exclusively stuck with the dub and will forever be behind if what I heard about the sub version being ahead is true. Although I guess it wouldn't matter cause if I swapped I'd just binge up to where the sub is and be stuck in the same way again.

And I'm just a loser that prefers dubs when they warrant a listen.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If Funimation continues their schedule from the latter part of S2 into S3, you'll never be too far behind. I should probably check out the dub myself.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Didn't funi start putting stuff on crunchyroll? I want to put the dub on in the background as i work, but can't get past ep2 without a subscription.
Yeah it's only $6 a month, but i pretty much don't listen to dubs. At all. I'm only doing this one in the background because it's so highly recommended.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Ularg posted:

Thanks for selling me on a Slapstick Comedy/Action series with Mina just tripping dudes up as she skates around.

Also I've exclusively stuck with the dub and will forever be behind if what I heard about the sub version being ahead is true. Although I guess it wouldn't matter cause if I swapped I'd just binge up to where the sub is and be stuck in the same way again.

And I'm just a loser that prefers dubs when they warrant a listen.
The dub is perfectly good IMO. They really nailed the casting on pretty much everyone in both the sub and the dub.

Another problem Mina would have is her battle scenes stinking like poo poo or being dangerous. Most stuff smells really bad when melted by acid, and depending on what you melt with what strength acid the fumes are extremely dangerous. Mina's power is honestly more suited to a villain than Shinsou's.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Yeah, but she's just. SO. HAPPY.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Then just make a Halloween Special parody where the show turns into Aliens or something. I dunno. I just haven't been this invested in a large cast of characters since... well JoJo I guess is the only other example that comes to mind.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Ularg posted:

Then just make a Halloween Special parody where the show turns into Aliens or something. I dunno. I just haven't been this invested in a large cast of characters since... well JoJo I guess is the only other example that comes to mind.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Aww no Tooru Mummy.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yes, that'll do.

I mean, the current ED is basically just the cast Larping. (Btw Bakugou looks pretty much perfect in that ED)

https://twitter.com/fufumzz?lang=en
(Edit: Fix sourcing cause I'm an idiot)

Ularg fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 7, 2017

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I hope they do a themed ED in the third season. Maybe the Kung-Fu stuff from one of the current volumes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Didn't funi start putting stuff on crunchyroll? I want to put the dub on in the background as i work, but can't get past ep2 without a subscription.
Yeah it's only $6 a month, but i pretty much don't listen to dubs. At all. I'm only doing this one in the background because it's so highly recommended.

Any Funi shows on Crunchyroll are subtitled only. There's a selection of Funimation dubs on VRV, including MHA I believe, which would only be a couple bucks more than a Crunchyroll sub and includes full Crunchy access.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Waffleman_ posted:

Any Funi shows on Crunchyroll are subtitled only. There's a selection of Funimation dubs on VRV, including MHA I believe, which would only be a couple bucks more than a Crunchyroll sub and includes full Crunchy access.

Huh. I don't think I'd ever heard of vrv.
I'll sign up, thanks!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ularg posted:

Wasn't there a zombie OVA?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Just about to sit down and watch Bakugo and Deku take on the world's tallest wall because the dub is still airing. Everything's coming up, Thrillho.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Huh. I don't think I'd ever heard of vrv.
I'll sign up, thanks!

It's owned by Crunchyroll and has a bunch of different channels on it. It's also the new home of the My Brother My Brother and Me show which is very good.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Waffleman_ posted:

It's owned by Crunchyroll and has a bunch of different channels on it. It's also the new home of the My Brother My Brother and Me show which is very good.

Also never heard of that. What channel?
I'm setting up my account. It's effectively twice the price of my old CR account since i paid that yearly, but for the amount of stuff they have, i think it's worth it.
I'm sure CR is glad to milk me for money, too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think it's VRV Presents or something.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yea didn't VRV used to be a publisher for Anime DVDs?

PMush Perfect posted:

Wasn't there a zombie OVA?

Honestly no clue. I only found My Hero Academia back when the Stain Dub Arc was still airing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ularg posted:

Yea didn't VRV used to be a publisher for Anime DVDs

I don't think so. If it was, it was a different entity than VRV is today, since VRV was started by Crunchy.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't think so. If it was, it was a different entity than VRV is today, since VRV was started by Crunchy.

Yup I was wrong, I was thinking of ADV Films.

The logo I would end up seeing a lot in advertising.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, there's a kinda goofy non-canon zombies OVA. I'm still kinda salty about it since it spoiled the existence of Full Cowling.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
So I've had the dub going for a while in the background. It's ... aggressively okay. It's better than a lot of dubs*, but it's not amazing.

If you're dub only and can watch some of the subs sometime, i say do it. If anything, do it because the japanese VAs for MHA are goddam amazing.

* that I've seen.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
My opinion is that the dub is incredibly good and has superb localized line writing. Everyone should feel confident in their choice of voiceover.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the dub sucks

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I do not agree with your opinion, but I will fight to the death for your right to be wrong.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

I do not agree with your opinion, but I will fight to the death for your right to be wrong.

nice free speech defense

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The dub is good, and people who hate it are the ones who hate all dubs.

Ya...voice-ists.:argh:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i've never seen a dub i didn't not like -some guy

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

PMush Perfect posted:

A little extreme, but thank you kind goon.

Some of the voices (all might, eraserhead, deku's mom, the robot voices) are great! A lot of the other ones are just meeeeeeeh (present mic, aoyama) to me.

Haven't heard all of the students yet, but yeah. 5 eps in, will have a better idea later on.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

All Might's voice alone makes the dub worth it

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I'm torn on ochako, and what little I've heard from mina sounded good.

Also they hosed up, "young midoriya" sounds bad. Should've been "Midoriya, my boy" - every time in every context I've mentally replaced it and it sounds so much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I only find Shigaraki kinda weak as far as the dumb goes. He sounds annoying, not creepy.

Also All For One needs to be voiced by Ron Perlman doing his Slade voice.

• Locked thread