Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
danganronpa v3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

31) Puyo Pop Fever

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

21. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

It was nice to look at and competent but I think I have discovered what people mean when they say enemies in games are "bullet sponges".

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

32) Puyo Puyo 7

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Super Mario World, 96 exits

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Star Fox (SNES) - was gonna do all the routes but I have a hard time just looking at this game sometimes, it's really hard to tell what you're shooting at and the framerate gives me headaches

Star Fox 2 - similar to SF1 in a lot of ways, I really like the concept though and it would be cool if Nintendo re-used it for a modern game

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Deus ex mankind divided

Soral
May 30, 2009

doki doki literature club

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Silent HIll 2. It said I got the Leave ending.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Samorost 3

I don't think they'll ever top machinarium sadly

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Star Fox 64

Corneria-Meteo-Katina-Solar-Macbeth-Area 6-Venom (hard)

No deaths up to Andross and then I died like four times lol. ._. Pitiful score too, barely broke 1,000 didn't even make General Pepper go "whaaaat???"

Still one of the best games ever made. So immersive...cinematic. Magical.

I want to give Star Fox Assault another shot because the first stage is so good. but then the second stage reallllly fuckin sucks so that's why I haven't played it more. bah. why can't they make a sequel to this game that isn't super lovely in some way? All they have to do is basically do the same thing again but with new levels, better graphics, etc. That's it. no new vehicles, no stupid on-foot find-this-thing sections, no gimmicky control schemes. Just Star Fox 64 but more and better.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

Star Fox 2 - similar to SF1 in a lot of ways, I really like the concept though and it would be cool if Nintendo re-used it for a modern game

isnt that what the ds one was?

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Bloodborne. co-op playthrough with girlfriend

Soral
May 30, 2009

i dont think cubivore_ should be allowed to post in this thread until they complete [b[CUbivore: surviva lof the fittest[/b] on nintendo gamecube

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

beat it several times already. backlog is pretty big so won't be playing it this year.

edit: beat it for the 2015 thread, though
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3690883&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post439517995

Cubivore_ fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 8, 2017

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

In Training posted:

Silent HIll 2. It said I got the Leave ending.

Seemed like the most appropriate ending to me. The others are real cool though.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just beat Cuphead on regular. I know its a normie thing to say, but dang does this game look incredible. Idk if I'll beat it on expert any time soon because I have so much else to play, but I really enjoyed this first run through. Next is Evil Within.

1. The Witcher 2
2. Yakuza
3. Nioh
4: Nier
5. Nier: Automata
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
7. Doom (1993) Ultraviolence /w pistol start
8. Lunatic.wad Ultraviolence /w pistol start
9. Waterlab GZD Ultraviolence /w pistol start
10. Injustice 2
11. Path of Exile
12. Wolfenstein: TNO
13. Cuphead (regular)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

bloodborne dlc
zelda botw
witcher 3
evil within

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

33) Resident Evil 2 Leon A/Claire B

I miss games like this a lot

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

nice

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

:yeah:

First classic style RE game I've played all the way through.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobby The Rookie posted:

:yeah:

First classic style RE game I've played all the way through.

nice.

33.05) Resident Evil 2 Claire A

Was going for an A, but due to misinformation I ended up with a B. You can only save 3 times for an A which would have been easy but I read 12 before I started this run.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

now I wanna play re2

I finished evil within so I think im gonna do the re remake

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Hat in Time (100%)

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

18. Half-Life

It's the first time I've played it and, well, I'm not sure it's aged super well but I can see how it would be revolutionary at the time it was released. Half Life 2 is next.

Plebian Parasite posted:

Hat in Time (100%)

How was it?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Alright for real this time

Most of the run is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1sgk1MmMsU

maybe it'll process the beginning in later. I love this game

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Aston posted:

How was it?

Its really good with a few caveats. The collectathon part of the game is really weak, most of the collectibles don't do anything and are just kinda sitting around and glow obnoxiously from a mile out, the open world sections are really well detailed and put together, but they verge onto sprawling and disorienting at times. The game shines when it puts you into a linear gauntlet or gives you a clear goal. Even the boss fights and stealth sections are well done for a 3d platformer game and the character controls really smoothly and has good jumpfeel.

At any rate its a good holdover until Odyssey at the end of the month

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Aston posted:

18. Half-Life

It's the first time I've played it and, well, I'm not sure it's aged super well but I can see how it would be revolutionary at the time it was released. Half Life 2 is next.

How was it?

i just looked up what other games came out that year for perspective and man i want to go back to 1998 :stare: https://www.google.com.au/search?client=firefox-b-ab&dcr=0&q=games+released+1998&oq=games+released+1998

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i ran out of room on the shirt

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Baldur's*

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

22. (a) Mortal Kombat XL (Story Mode)

It was kind of boring and nothing insane or even particularly cool happened. Eh I am still going to beat the Klassic Tower with everybody, that part is still good and fun.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Ys Chronicles: Book I (PSP)

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

3D Dot Game Heroes. My experience was kinda ruined because the game crashed early on and then read it was common. I was on edge the whole time thinking it was going to crash again so I was saving constantly. It only crashed that one time, though! Enjoyed it overall. Might play it again a few years from now

I want to beat Alundra and Illbleed before Mario Odyssey comes out.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cubivore_ posted:

3D Dot Game Heroes. My experience was kinda ruined because the game crashed early on and then read it was common. I was on edge the whole time thinking it was going to crash again so I was saving constantly. It only crashed that one time, though! Enjoyed it overall. Might play it again a few years from now

I want to beat Alundra and Illbleed before Mario Odyssey comes out.

Alundra is a lot of fun. I never beat it either though

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

i ran out of room on the shirt

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
nier automata all endings ! !

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lol is that real

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
all gold, like, disco ball things, in the gran turismo sport demo .. looking forward to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

23. Titanfall 2 campaign on Normal. The characters are bland as poo poo but they put you in a lot of extremely cool situations and the moving and shooting is awesome so who cares about the story.

• Locked thread