Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

We keep pumping out good RBs and it owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I think the ACC would gladly add Penn State to make 16 with ND with they wanted to leave the Big 10. Which they never will because the money is too good. We've made clear how we feel about WVU, we dislike it so much we'd rather have cheatin hooker buyin Louisville in the conference than WVU. No one wants Rutgers back to the AAC with you.

There was a rumor, and I'm not sure how credible it was, that Penn State had threatened to leave the Big Ten for the ACC, and the addition of regional rivals in Maryland and Rutgers was a concession.

I wouldn't want Penn State in the ACC for a variety of reasons.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

[quote="“Nissin Cup Nudist”" post="“477217706”"]
Except Legends/Leaders split up OSU and Michigan because the B1G wanted option B
[/quote]

Which everyone bitched about endlessly, leading us to where we are now

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

That seems like probably not a huge deal given the defense he was playing and the likelihood of Hail Marys working in general. Also Nebraska won a game that year on the Flea Kicker, which was both insanely lucky bullshit and against the rules, if you really want to play what ifs from 1997 (there is also a pretty decent chance they don't get enough coaches to change their minds and vote Nebraska 1st without Osborne announcing his retirement right before the bowl game)

Haha, I forgot about the kick thing against Mizzou.

I mean the likelihood of Leaf hitting the Hail Mary was minimal, but they clearly just drained the clock at the end and it was frustrating to watch as a 14yo 3rd party fan.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Leaders and Legends were goofy and cross-divisional stuff was weird, but I'm looking at a good not great team and man is it a rough division compared to the Wisconsin and sometimes Iowa division.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

One of these years Washington State is going to have to play Oregon when they're starting the best QB on the roster.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Jordanis posted:

One of these years Washington State is going to have to play Oregon when they're starting the best QB on the roster.

Sure.

But from here on in and I'm pulling for Wazzu to win a title for Wheez.

He'll be pouring blackstrap dark and stormies in whatever afterlife he chose, screaming We Want Bama

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Komet posted:

This is why I unfollowed my dad

I hate you a little less now.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
Here's the last year for Legends and Leaders and the first year for Maryland and Rutgers. I think it's pretty cool that they acknowledged that geographical division didn't really work but there's not much that works better.

Also, Stagg-Paterno Championship Trophy :lol:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

LeeMajors posted:

Sure.

But from here on in and I'm pulling for Wazzu to win a title for Wheez.

He'll be pouring blackstrap dark and stormies in whatever afterlife he chose, screaming We Want Bama

it would be so erotic if wazzu went to the natty and lost to bama by a hundred

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Raku posted:

it would be so erotic if wazzu went to the natty and lost to bama by a hundred

can confirm going into playoffs against bama with hope is not fun

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Chump Farts posted:

Can confirm, but w SECCG post-2008.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/uniwatch/status/917547587070070784

:chloe:

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Jordanis posted:

Oregon should have had that game in '15 too, even with Lockie under center.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I can't decide if it's so bad it's good or it's just bad.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Man, gonna get whipped looking like that?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

it's no uab dragon scale/saiyan armor

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

sportsgenius86 posted:

They'll never separate Ohio State and Michigan because they don't want to a) move the game from the final week and b) play two games in a row potentially between those two teams.

You're more likely to get Michigan State and Penn State on the same side with OSU/Penn St and Michigan/MSU always playing.

This was the actual set-up from 2011-2013.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Chump Farts posted:

That's why it was rad when we scored first, was such a pleasant surprise :)

I turned the game off after that and felt good afterward that we held bama's offense to 17 points

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MourningView posted:

They were literally in separate divisions already. He was trying to guess who was in the legends and leaders (and not coming close at all fwiw)

My only mistake was putting Iowa and Indiana in the wrong divisions.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Kill me

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lol tortoise armor unis.

Mouse Cadet
Mar 19, 2009

All aboard the McEltrain
Next Stop: Atlanta

https://twitter.com/uniwatch/status/917547587070070784

At least its not shark skin

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Mouse Cadet posted:

At least its not shark skin

Mac would've coached the game of his life

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Work was busy today, I'm just now getting my post reps in. #postreps

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

The shoes are great. Everything else... ehhhhhh.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Pls humiliate nussmeier while we are dressed up like Ninja Turtles.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

sportsgenius86 posted:

oh man another night game for them? Don't tell Chris Petersen.

That's Penn State's third night game and Michigan's second as best I can tell.

UW has had six, and two more are already scheduled for 7:30, so that's at least 8 with the other 4 games still TBD.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
https://twitter.com/5xNatl_Champs/status/917551497793196032

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I actually was laughing hard enough at this that it made explaining how hideous these are to my wife difficult.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Thoguh posted:

I think the season we beat Oklahoma State we got some votes. So 6-7 years maybe?

ISU started in the top 25 I wanna say two years ago based on SoS and a late season win the prior year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Jastiger posted:

ISU started in the top 25 I wanna say two years ago based on SoS and a late season win the prior year.

They haven't been ranked since week 5 of 2005. They briefly jumped into the polls that year after Drew Tate concussed himself like a dummy and they beat what was supposed to be a good Iowa team. The only preaseason ranking in the entire history of the program was in 1978.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/iowa-state/polls.html

MourningView fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 10, 2017

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Gary Andersen's out at Oregon State.

e:

looks like he walked away from the remainder of his contract.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/10/9/16450356/gary-andersen-oregon-state-resigned

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MourningView posted:

They haven't been ranked since week 5 of 2005. They briefly jumped into the polls that year after Drew Tate concussed himself like a dummy and they beat what was supposed to be a good Iowa team. The only preaseason ranking in the entire history of the program was in 1978.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/iowa-state/polls.html

Nah man I swear ISU got a totally undeserved pre season ranking at like 25 a few years ago. Maybe it was the coaches poll.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Jastiger posted:

Nah man I swear ISU got a totally undeserved pre season ranking at like 25 a few years ago. Maybe it was the coaches poll.

A handful of voters watched that Seneca Wallace run again and got jacked.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Jastiger posted:

This is the last time I remember ISU being ranked in anything: http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/3/week/8/year/2012/seasontype/2

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Half the team is either injured or being prosecuted. The rest have to wear this poo poo.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
So here's the thing... I need Texas to beat Oklahoma.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thermos H Christ posted:

So here's the thing... I need Texas to beat Oklahoma.

Let's split the difference and go giant meteor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I get a ton of satisfaction from how lovely conference realignment has been by and large except for VT forcing their way in at figurative gunpoint (our governor forced UVA to vote us in) and being ridiculously successful across the board and skyrocketing VT to a place they would never have approached otherwise.

• Locked thread