Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
must be nice being rich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
it would be, but i ain't. i basically get to do that because other people pay for it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Trig Discipline posted:

it would be, but i ain't. i basically get to do that because other people pay for it

I was posting about watching a methhead shoveling gravel, and you're complaining about having to go to different countries

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I shitpost and play things up constantly, but come on kid

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i was not complaining at all, i am a whore for travel

and while i'm not rich, i'm not poor either. i've been actually poor to the point of going hungry in my life and i'm obviously nowhere near that now. although my wife and i did sorta sit down the other day and figure out that, if we paid off all of our debts (except our student loans, which we will never be able to pay off), we would have almost exactly zero dollars in the bank so maybe we're just living in deferred poverty

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
how far away are you from this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUFbwzJulEY

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005

SmokaDustbowl posted:

the farthest I've been has been tiajuana

it's Tijuana you phillistine

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

pretty loving far

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Trig Discipline posted:

pretty loving far

take me with you, I've never been across the ocean

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
okay but you're going to have to be split between two checked bags

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I was posting about watching a methhead shoveling gravel, and you're complaining about having to go to different countries

you're sitting here on the internet while living in a first-world welfare state, and someone on the street in india is having to pick rotten rice out of the garbage to stay alive. no complaining.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sagebrush posted:

you're sitting here on the internet while living in a first-world welfare state, and someone on the street in india is having to pick rotten rice out of the garbage to stay alive. no complaining.

and these poors here, they have COLOR TVS!!!!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

that's a fake equivalence

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
[quote="“SmokaDustbowl”" post="“477224567”"]
that’s a fake equivalence
[/quote]

the whole point is that its not equivalent, though.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
ahem let me tell you about being poor, yospos

the definition of poverty is the inability to delay gratification and furthermore

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
rule 36 bicth

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I have a computer with internet therefore I'm not actually poor. sorry, let me apologise for misrepresenting

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWHh9W5IeBo

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

same

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I have a computer with internet therefore I'm not actually poor. sorry, let me apologise for misrepresenting

you can only be relatively poor or wealthy. there's always gonna be someone poorer and someone wealthier than you are. if your argument is "you can't complain because you have it better than someone else" then, well, shut up.

i might also bring up how wealth and privilege isn't just a single continuum like a ladder but that might be too advanced of a topic

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i see myself not as an exploited proletariat, but as a permanently embarrassed millionaire

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Sagebrush posted:

you can only be relatively poor or wealthy. there's always gonna be someone poorer and someone wealthier than you are. if your argument is "you can't complain because you have it better than someone else" then, well, shut up.

i might also bring up how wealth and privilege isn't just a single continuum like a ladder but that might be too advanced of a topic

im rich, bitch

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
actually im not but thanks to living in communist europe it doesn't really matter

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

finally watched the clip of the dude naruto running out the door when he couldn't get the sauce and man.... I don't know what's loving real anymore

I mean come on he does the cornholio then narutos out the door.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

thanks for explaining poverty to me

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I really don't know what I've been doing before, I'm glad you've taken the time to explain it to me

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

everyone knows you're poor, no one is trying to harsh on your vibe by bragging about how much business travel they get to do or anything

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

I am :twisted:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
stfu you loving morons

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

look at me I get to drag my rear end out of bed and fly to Minneapolis every other week. it owns. living the high life at the MSP Lindbergh terminal. 💃🏼

you jelly?! 🕺

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

everyone knows you're poor, no one is trying to harsh on your vibe by bragging about how much business travel they get to do or anything

I'm sorry that I bitched about how someone can casually walk onto a plane and fly thousands of miles. those poor souls might get jet lagged

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
reminder that sagebrush is so dumb he hasn't taken a vacation since he was in high school, according to himself

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

casually picking up the tab dropping my 1337 csr on the table like it's nbd (no big deal). 'ha oh this old thing?' I say, 'man it was dumb to NOT sign up. haha!'

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
i hate that smoka posts a lot of music youtubes but i cherish his posts otherwise

lets not go back to talking about dumb comics tho i think we should go back to posting funny computer pictures

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Trig Discipline posted:

i think i've been to about forty countries so far. really looking forward to living in germany so i can explore more of eastern europe, russia, and africa

lets go party hard in romania

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Rex-Goliath posted:

casually picking up the tab dropping my 1337 csr on the table like it's nbd (no big deal). 'ha oh this old thing?' I say, 'man it was dumb to NOT sign up. haha!'

One time I took a business trip and got to spend a day sailing on the SF bay. :shobon:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

fishmech posted:

reminder that sagebrush is so dumb he hasn't taken a vacation since he was in high school, according to himself

you'll have to pull that post out of your database for me because i sure don't remember making it. if i did i was lying, for some reason

graph posted:

lets go party hard in romania

romania is awesome and has the most incredible road in the world that i am dying to go back and ride a motorcycle on and also the single best meal i have ever eaten in my life was in romania. a+ every day

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Rex-Goliath posted:

he does the cornholio then narutos out the door.

yea wierd times, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

funy computer

random selection of 10 images from /img folder

https://i.imgur.com/VHPxCYW.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/Vat2siz.mp4

(fingerpori is set in finland, and the joke in this one is that "fittan" is a swedish word similar to "pussy")

• Locked thread