Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Plom Bar posted:

You asked. WARNING: Do not click on that link for any reason.

Ahahahahaha u had heard about this video but never seen it. It's amazing. :allears:

"hey guys, do any of you remember the nick cage song?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

to be fair you have to have a high iq to truly understand rick and morty, etc, etc

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

TinTower posted:

to be fair you have to have a high iq to truly understand rick and morty, etc, etc

aaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :barf:

nael
Sep 10, 2009

Fathis Munk posted:

Ahahahahaha u had heard about this video but never seen it. It's amazing. :allears:

"hey guys, do any of you remember the nick cage song?"

It wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't in public. If it was filmed in someone's apartment or a filthy motel room, I'd just think, "Well that's weird and gross, but whatever"

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Friend speaks my mind:

https://twitter.com/ItsDanSheehan/status/917477492532940808

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.
So I touched the poop.

A while back I friended someone from high school a lot actually cause it was our 20 year reunion and they all wanted to catch up.

I was am a big nerd. Never really had luck with girls during most of high school until this one girl showed up. She was cute and weird and had a sarcastic sense of humor I liked. That's where Mort Adella came in, she was in the popular girl clique and proceeded to bully the girl until she broke up with me. Then they harassed her so much that she went to live with her grandmother. That was over 20 years ago.

Over a couple of year ago I guess the entire class got nostalgic and they sent me friend request. These are people who I have literally never heard from in 2 decades. Most seem like they peaked in high school, but I guess those are the people that do reunions. Mort sent me her invite and I decline cause seriously gently caress you, you're a lovely human being. She called me apologised and said that she had been terrible during high school but that was over and she was now a teacher and saw bullying from a different perspective. Never one to hold a grudge I accepted.

Oh man she is still lovely. Except now she is lovely to kids and homeless people. She quit her job as a teacher and took a higher paying job doing god knows what. She post pictures of her son and talks about him like he was her boyfriend. When my wife and I post of our kid she posted on her wall saying how proud she was to be part of the Hot Moms clubs and that being a mom in her early 20s was the best. I talked to her and she said she didn't mean it about us and that it was just her being her.

Then she started posting about the horrible immigrants and how come they can't go to their own countries and be a burden on their government, also homeless people. She would post poo poo about homeless people and how they smell and how they get in her way. Today she posted a similar rant.

I am Terry Bull and maybe I should have loving stopped earlier. Since then her other friends have been spamming me telling me that I shouldn't judge her and that I am idiot for not realising that homeless people make millions of dollars and only a few are "truly homeless". Remind me never to talk to anyone from High School again.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

IamnotJoe posted:

I am Terry Bull and maybe I should have loving stopped earlier. Since then her other friends have been spamming me telling me that I shouldn't judge her and that I am idiot for not realising that homeless people make millions of dollars and only a few are "truly homeless". Remind me never to talk to anyone from High School again.

The real problem with touching the poop is that you start earnestly and then realize that you've wasted your time. Should have asked her why she hates our veterans so much and enjoyed the ride.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

IamnotJoe posted:

So I touched the poop.

:sever:

I've dropped people for way less.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

One of the writers did the same joke.

https://twitter.com/danguterman/status/916790589697400832

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

there wolf posted:

Should have asked her why she hates our veterans so much and enjoyed the ride.

Daaaaaaaayum

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Truly the most toxic of all fandoms.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Nice name/username combo.

And yeah, people who are bullies as adolescents are generally not the kind of people you want to reunite with. A couple of months ago one of my main elementary/middle school bullies messaged me on FB with a half-assed apology. I just ignored it, it's not my responsibility to soothe his conscience and I certainly don't want to see or talk to him again. Not to criticize you, just saying, there's no reason to feel guilty about not giving people a second chance.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

tyblazitar posted:

And yeah, people who are bullies as adolescents are generally not the kind of people you want to reunite with. A couple of months ago one of my main elementary/middle school bullies messaged me on FB with a half-assed apology. I just ignored it, it's not my responsibility to soothe his conscience and I certainly don't want to see or talk to him again. Not to criticize you, just saying, there's no reason to feel guilty about not giving people a second chance.

By the same token, just because someone apologises for being a bully doesn't mean you have to be friends with them. I had someone who made my life hell for a year give a heartfelt apology, I accepted it and we moved on. I'll never be friends with him or even like him but the apology was sincere enough to give it a pass.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

read another book

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Cats, also known as purring Jews [1]

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Mods please rename me The Purring Jew tia.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

tyblazitar posted:

I'm a bit more forgiving in that aspect. I was bullied through my whole public school life, but some of the people I had issues with got their poo poo figured out after reaching adulthood and we can at least be aquatinted now.

Also, my best friend had extreme anger issues as a kid to the point of being expelled from multiple schools and Baker Acted at 11. She managed to overcome pretty much everything, become self-sufficient at 18, and is now an extremely kind young woman with a successful entertainment career. I was shocked to learn about her past because of how copacetic she is.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Plom Bar posted:

You asked. WARNING: Do not click on that link for any reason.

That was like Foam Adventure levels of cringe worthiness, and it made me gag too. drat. Thats pretty impressive.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Hope someone "leverages their power" to knock this punk motherfucker out cuz jfc.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Dienes posted:

I'm just pointing out what the tweet looks like to folks who weren't familiar with a picture posted 3 years ago on a completely different Twitter account.

Its also stupid to waste a ton of resources (security, travel, etc.) going to a game you know will likely have a protest only to leave a few minutes after giving them your money. I swear they don't know what 'boycott' means.

You would think that the former governor of Indiana, who had practically every corporation in the state waiting in line outside his office to kick his rear end, would know.that. But, here we are.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Plom Bar posted:

I'm a huge proponent of liking things. Liking things is awesome. And getting together with other people who also like those things to talk about the things that you like? loving magical. Big fan. Everyone should do it. It's fun and good and keeps you grounded in a shared understanding of the place of modern culture and art.

Just, you know, maybe consider reining it in before you get to the point of, oh I don't know, making/purchasing MLP blowup dolls, passing a bucket around for you and all your friends to spit in, or harassing minimum wage employees for a sauce you have no actual nostalgia for and could probably buy at Walmart for 2 dollars.

Oh yeah, hyperbole aside, genuinely enjoying things is great and I much prefer that than trying to act superior to people for enjoying whatever dumb thing they're into and claiming that they're better because they hate everything including the things they like.

Unless it's someone trying to claim that things are way more intelligent and sophisticated than they are. Or just trying to argue that actually the reason why she doesn't have any armor on is to distract enemies and furthermore- :goonsay:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
http://tucson.com/tucson-s-cup-it-up-closes-after-weekend-of-backlash/collection_fa071ed4-ad15-11e7-a001-073cdcdd4cb0.html#1

Two of the three owners of a restaurant in Tucson post a long rant on the business's page on Facebook about their support for OUR PRESIDENT TRUMP and against "illegal immigration". Within 3 days, they have closed forever.

For context, that's the one solidly blue county in a state of red, and right next to the university. It's not going to be well received, anyone knows that. These idiots destroyed their business for no reason

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

quote:

In a statement Saturday, the pair apologized for bringing “our personal political beliefs into a business forum” and said they had never intended to “strike a nerve.”

Hahaha, bullshit.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

What is it about the show that compels them so? At least these ones are heavily downvoted.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

toanoradian posted:

What is it about the show that compels them so? At least these ones are heavily downvoted.

This is what happens when the alt-right decides that a show is theirs. You get to see the petulant whiny manbabies rise to the surface like crusty, poppable zits.

Also anyone who gives a single gently caress about szechuan sauce is 100% missing the point of the entire loving goddamned show.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

wait are you saying hamwalletinspector.com isn't real? fuuuuuck

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Trig Discipline posted:

wait are you saying hamwalletinspector.com isn't real? fuuuuuck

it's hamwalletinspector.biz, don't hit up hamwalletinspector.com

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Somfin posted:

This is what happens when the alt-right decides that a show is theirs. You get to see the petulant whiny manbabies rise to the surface like crusty, poppable zits.

Also anyone who gives a single gently caress about szechuan sauce is 100% missing the point of the entire loving goddamned show.

Since when was Rick & Morty alt-right even in the slightest?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
For websites that actually check your money-holders made from meat, it's hamwalletinspection.tv.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Really, it just shows who people will turn to when you can't afford a day off or the doctor's fees.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

toanoradian posted:

Because the show's main character engages in their hyper-libertarian wish fulfilment fantasies with no consequences whatsoever.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

FillInTheBlank posted:

It never was, but there are absolutely fans on that side of the political spectrum who have convinced themselves that it agrees with their worldview.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FillInTheBlank posted:

It is extremely popular and alt-right idiots are obnoxiously loud.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

It never was, but there are absolutely fans on that side of the political spectrum who have convinced themselves that it agrees with their worldview.

Those kinds of idiots will manage to convince themselves that anything that isn't blindingly obviously against their worldview supports them.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Somfin posted:

I'm assuming these people are all 20 something and their media consumption constitutes a large part of their self perceived identity ?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FillInTheBlank posted:

It wasn't, but they've severely misunderstood the show.

Rick & Morty shows that the smartest guy in the room is also an unlikable rear end in a top hat who's dooming himself to be alone forever because he can't stop being an antisocial dickweed for long enough to get anybody to like him.

The fanbase has instead taken this as "Rick is awesome because he's a misanthropic genius, and I'm a misanthropic genius in my own head! You're all useless and I can prove it mathematically! Wubba-lubba-dub-dub!"

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Slime posted:

Those kinds of idiots will manage to convince themselves that anything that isn't blindingly obviously against their worldview supports them.

Even so, you'd think the bit where two of the main characters get roided up and beat the poo poo out of a nazi would tip them off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

FillInTheBlank posted:

Its not, but people love to misinterpret things when it makes them feel better about themselves.

Rick is a bad man, and a tragic character. He hates himself and the rest of the world. The only thing he cares for is the family that he pushes away. "Wubba lubba dub-dub", his wacky trademark catchphrase, translated from an alien language means "I am in great pain. Please help me." In one episode he gets wasted and kills himself because he is so miserable over loving his life up.

And yet folks somehow worship Rick as a nerd power fantasy.

Its like how a pro-war Republican can play "Born in the USA" during a campaign rally.