Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Man, the Bears defense blows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
welcome back Jet

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Bears D all discombobulated.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
loving Murray baby

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
How is that not OPI

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sotar posted:

ehhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Better than anticipated then.

On both fronts

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
awww

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Barudak posted:

I missed some parts of this game due to familial obligations and a love of gin.

The game is obviously poo poo, but how is star wars?

Seems to be owning now !

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Lets go McKinnon!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears suck, they need to play the trubinsky kid

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
lol I don't think XP vs. 2 point conversion is gonna matter.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Dexo posted:

How is that not OPI

well you see, Michael Floyd used his forearm. Whoever that Bears scrub was used his hands. It's very different, you see.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FizFashizzle posted:

In tales of mos Eisley cantina, one of the stories is about a jawa that decides to murder storm troopers. His whole little story is about illegally acquiring a blaster rifle and ammo. He lies and wait to ambush a patrol. The story ends with him pulling the trigger over and over again.

Later on is another story about a soldier who gets fed up with the empire. The straw breaks when that same jawa ambushes them...but his gun doesn't work. The other storm troopers just blow him away.

Also in that story the soldier points out that it'd b really easy to get a tow line around the legs of the atat but no one pays attention to him because they're on lunch or something.

I can get behind the design idea for the ATAT, but I can't explain why there was no air support in the invasion of Hoth.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Start Pat O'Donnell

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Someone just launched like 15 mortar style fireworks near my apartment in Minneapolis

I assume it's based on that McKinnon run.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

swickles posted:

I can get behind the design idea for the ATAT, but I can't explain why there was no air support in the invasion of Hoth.

There was in the Hoth level in Rogue Squadron 3: Rebel Strike!

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Guess the Bears and Vikings were also anxious about the Star Wars trailer

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The best thing about Star Wars movies is they can't fill it with obnoxious product placement

yet

Barudak
May 7, 2007

swickles posted:

Presumably that jackass who jumped too early and got disabled by the ion cannons had all the air support ships.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

Planetary defense shield.

It's why the real invasion started after they took out the shield generator.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Man, why can't DC make a good movie. They did so well with Wonder Woman, just keep doing that stuff. gently caress off Synder nobody cares about your mom issues.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Man, why can't DC make a good movie. They did so well with Wonder Woman, just keep doing that stuff. gently caress off Synder nobody cares about your mom issues.

Zack Snyder with Joss Whedon doing the pickups. That movie is going to be a disastrous clusterfuck.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Ignoring Snyder's oevure or whatever, the film has 6 months of reshoots with Joss Whedon at the helm so I'd put the blame on DC having no goddamn idea what they're doing.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Good pass to Rudolph.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
John Fox looks like he aged 10 years in the span of 2 years.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
gently caress

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Oh no not Kyle Long :smith:

No one on this team can stay healthy

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Kyle Long is injured now. Because the line wasn't struggling enough.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh good kyle long is done now

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

Ummagumma posted:

Oh no not Kyle Long :smith:

No one on this team can stay healthy

When has long ever been healthy? His first season?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sotar posted:

John Fox looks like he aged 10 years in the span of 2 years.

Your failures being so myriad as to manifest as 52 men does that to a man.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FizFashizzle posted:

Planetary defense shield.

It's why the real invasion started after they took out the shield generator.

But then how did they land the ATAT's? And why was there no air support once the generator taken out? Also, I take back by defense of the ATAT design there is room for like a million turrets on that sucker.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

swickles posted:

But then how did they land the ATAT's? And why was there no air support once the generator taken out? Also, I take back by defense of the ATAT design there is room for like a million turrets on that sucker.

A man died for making mistakes with that invasion, dude.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Cless Alvein posted:

When has long ever been healthy? His first season?

He was healthy the first few seasons, but yeah last couple he's gotten dinged up.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Man, it's the Vikings versus whose left of the Bears.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

swickles posted:

The shield generator did not cover the entire planet, just the base. The AT-ATs had to land outside the perimeter of the shield and slowly walk their way in through the shield and then into gunnery range.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
¡castigo!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The shield generator did not cover the entire planet, just the base. The AT-ATs had to land outside the perimeter of the shield and slowly walk their way in through the shield and then into gunnery range.

See, "Menace, The Phantom" for earlier designs of the concept.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

swickles posted:

The real answer is movie budget I'm sure.

However, they were able to land ground forces beyond the shield because the Hoth shield just covered the base, not the entire planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Lol that spot

• Locked thread