Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

shyduck posted:

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/917497481314947072

There is no loving way in hell he legitimately shot a 73. This is KJI territory.

They played 9 then drank in the golf cart while their caddies 'played' the back half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

psydude posted:

Legit surprised nobody ever tapped Martin Sheen to play JFK.

They did.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

shyduck posted:

There is no loving way in hell he legitimately shot a 73. This is KJI territory.

edit:

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/917497714111283201

This is a grown man

That's an average of 4 strokes per hole. I don't think even Tiger shot that good in his prime.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

BigDave posted:

That's an average of 4 strokes per hole. I don't think even Tiger shot that good in his prime.

Maybe if they were mini-golfing?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

(The White House, reaching for exculpatory context, noted that this was a girls’ team from another school, not his own.)

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Miller would also try to humiliate girls in class discussions, then ask them out. He's a loving creep.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm uncertain enough to make no predictions about impeachment, 25th amendment, or even the Mueller investigation resulting in convictions for anyone, but one thing I do know is that that guy right there is gonna pull an Elliot Rogers by his 40th

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Nick Soapdish posted:

America isn't the greatest. Both sides are the blame. The truth of why it isn't is in the middle.

Sports Night was a great show.

Millennials are dumb, boomers were great

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Stultus Maximus posted:

(The White House, reaching for exculpatory context, noted that this was a girls’ team from another school, not his own.)
The most shocking thing about this is that this human loving litchen is a senior advisor in the white house and the fucker was in high school for 9/11

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

shyduck posted:

Par for that course is 72. What does this mean, golfers?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

joat mon posted:

He's average for a regular condition day.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

joat mon posted:

Trump make a better golfer than he does a president.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

I'm uncertain enough to make no predictions about impeachment, 25th amendment, or even the Mueller investigation resulting in convictions for anyone, but one thing I do know is that that guy right there is gonna pull an Elliot Rogers by his 40th

Isn't he like, mid to early 30s? Lotta young folks were straight up broken by the recession and unprepared exposure to web 2.0 discussion boards and poo poo it would seem. Not too get on a soapbox, but the internet is goddamn pernicious with the amount of toxic garbage masquerading as legitimate. Had a young cousin referencing some PUA site called Return of the king or some poo poo just this weekend, we got a whole new generation walking straight into the garbage that dudes like Miller posit.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

He's 32 and looks like he's 48.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

psydude posted:

Trump make a better golfer than he does a president.
He'd make a better ultramarathoner than a president of Zimbabwe or anywhere else.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Shooting par on an 18 hole golf course is hard to do. Add in wind and wet conditions, and it's even more difficult. While I believe Trump is a good golfer, carding a 73 sounds like total bullshit. I might've bought a score in the 80's.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

shyduck posted:

Shooting par on an 18 hole golf course is hard to do. Add in wind and wet conditions, and it's even more difficult. While I believe Trump is a good golfer, carding a 73 sounds like total bullshit. I might've bought a score in the 80's.

You say that, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmm-ZGNCv-8

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Doc Hawkins posted:

Speaking of burning, Sonoma and Napa counties are ablaze. SF is even more like the 1st and 2nd circle of hell today, what with the haze, the smell, and the sparse fall of fine ash.

I could smell the fire all the way in Pleasanton this morning. There has been a big loving haze all day from it.

cnn posted:

An estimated 1,500 structures have been destroyed and 57,000 acres burned in eight counties.

It's kind of a big fire.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

shyduck posted:

Yeah. A good golfer, taking no drops or mulligans, will usually shoot in the 80s. The only golfers that can reliably shoot par are professionals.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Trump is well known for cheating like a motherfucker.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

psydude posted:

Yeah. A good golfer, taking no drops or mulligans, will usually shoot in the 80s. The only golfers that can reliably shoot par are professionals.

Trump was probably using drops, mulligans and applying a handicap

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

My grandather once scored lower than his age which is pretty fuckin baller

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Immanentized posted:

Isn't he like, mid to early 30s? Lotta young folks were straight up broken by the recession and unprepared exposure to web 2.0 discussion boards and poo poo it would seem. Not too get on a soapbox, but the internet is goddamn pernicious with the amount of toxic garbage masquerading as legitimate. Had a young cousin referencing some PUA site called Return of the king or some poo poo just this weekend, we got a whole new generation walking straight into the garbage that dudes like Miller posit.

He's exactly my age and no, there weren't prominent enough, toxic enough web communities back then to explain that kind of behavior in high school. FYAD was a year or two too late, 4chan much later and BBSes were already dead.

The worst he could've been influenced by were Yahoo Goups, FARK, and GameFAQs

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

He's exactly my age and no, there weren't prominent enough, toxic enough web communities back then to explain that kind of behavior in high school. FYAD was a year or two too late, 4chan much later and BBSes were already dead.

I'm sure there were some right wing IRC channels.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
There were most definitely right wing aol irc chatrooms

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Duke Chin posted:

There were most definitely right wing aol irc chatrooms

Why do you think my step dad is still paying his aol subscription?

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Well, AIM is getting shut down, so bad news for him.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LostCosmonaut posted:

Well, AIM is getting shut down, so bad news for him.

AIM isn't AOL.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
AOL Keyword: golf

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

shame on an IGA posted:

usenet was insane in the 90s, more toxic than anything i have seen on the web.

10 minutes into one of my first times browsing it i found a series of posts from a dude trying to sell his 3 year old daughter, talking about how tight she was to gently caress

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

RFC2324 posted:

usenet was insane in the 90s, more toxic than anything i have seen on the web.

10 minutes into one of my first times browsing it i found a series of posts from a dude trying to sell his 3 year old daughter, talking about how tight she was to gently caress

Hell of a post to read after golfchat:stare:

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/TexasTech/status/917561164921315328

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Casimir Radon posted:

Miller would also try to humiliate girls in class discussions, then ask them out. He's a loving creep.

The next time he wants to prove boys are stronger in a women's match I hope he jumps into the octagon.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I have no issues with believing that Trump shot a 73 on the golf course.

How'd he do on the second hole?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

McNally posted:

How'd he do on the second hole?
Marla?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Immanentized posted:

lol your cousin is an MRA

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

shyduck posted:

*Hunter Thompson voice* There is no loving way in hell he legitimately shot a 73. This is KJI territory.

or bat country

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Back to golfchat, Trump definitely loving cheats.

quote:

Reilly told The Washington Post about an afternoon when Trump wrote down scores he didn’t actually achieve on his scorecard, conceded putts to himself by raking the ball into the hole with his putter rather than striking it properly (“He rakes like my gardener!”), and even called a gimme — something a player might claim for a two-foot putt — on what should have been a chip shot.

“He took the world’s first gimme chip-in,” Reilly said. At one point, Trump, after taking a number of second shots, told Reilly to “make sure you write that I play my first ball. You don’t get a second ball in life.” In life, it may or may not be true that a person gets a second chance; and yet, as Reilly wrote, on holes 1, 13 and 17, Trump did indeed get a second ball.

Also golf just seems like a crappy game that I couldn't enjoy unless I got to drive the golf cart or get ripshit on scotch while enjoying a cigar (or doing all three at the same time.)

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I played a bit around middle school age. It was boring and expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

suboptimal posted:

Back to golfchat, Trump definitely loving cheats.

Also golf just seems like a crappy game that I couldn't enjoy unless I got to drive the golf cart or get ripshit on scotch while enjoying a cigar (or doing all three at the same time.)

That's how I play golf. I'm trash. I shoot a consistent like....210 on 18 holes

• Locked thread