Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

KingSlime posted:

Yeah that design makes me wanna play that game even less lmao

Wonder when were getting our first real rpg worth playing? As usual, gotta wait for atlus titles I guess

Only two more weeks until we get more info on SMT switch :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Any good games come out yet?

no

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Huxley posted:

Hold the button to cast and let go when the bar is full.

Wait for a bite and hit the button to set the hook and begin the minigame.

Hold the button to raise your bar and try to keep the fish inside the bar. When the vertical gauge next to your rod is full you catch the fish. Let the fish get out of your target and that bar empties (quite quickly).

(I have no idea what the chests do during the minigame or how to get bait on the fiberglass rod.)

if you keep the bar over a chest you'll see a bar filling up. if you fill that bar up you'll get a bonus item of anything between a piece of coal or a super powerful cool as poo poo sword

as far as how to bait a rod, pick up the bait and...idk press one of the buttons on it that isn't A

I don't remember, its just muslce memory for me

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

man even if this game sucks, i am glad wayforward are still doing great pixel animations. aliens infestation was an okay game that looked absolutely gorgeous

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

[quote="“Electric Phantasm”" post="“477221421”"]
[/quote]

Coming summer 2019*

*spring 2021

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
KnowYourMeme.com simulator Retro City Rampage had its physical editions come up for ordering today on VBlank's site. Regular editions ($30 + shipping) sold out within hours, and Nicalis style special editions ($51 shipped) are down to less than 150 of 3000 copies remaining.

This is both a holy poo poo I can't believe that many people are buying it post and a, if you wanted to buy it you'd better hurry post.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Cuphead should be on the switch...

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Thread groupthink decided that the w word is Bad White Noise but the various Other White Noise Posts are okay. :shrug:

setting aside that there were usually more posts complaining about the w word posts than there were w word posts but :ssh:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

Coming summer 2019*

*spring 2021

No...

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Modus Pwnens posted:

KnowYourMeme.com simulator Retro City Rampage had its physical editions come up for ordering today on VBlank's site. Regular editions ($30 + shipping) sold out within hours, and Nicalis style special editions ($51 shipped) are down to less than 150 of 3000 copies remaining.

This is both a holy poo poo I can't believe that many people are buying it post and a, if you wanted to buy it you'd better hurry post.

That's gonna be a lot of disappointed gamers

Wonder how many of then are double dipping?? Even if your reaction to the game was not a negative one, I can't imagine wanting to retread such a bland piece of software, especially at full retail price!

Reminder: I got it for free from plus and it was definitely not worth the time it took to download

Good for the dev though, cash in on that poo poo bruh

E: nope all white noise, "im doing me a funny" posts fuckin suck

acksplode
May 17, 2004

stardew whew. That's what I say every time I emerge from a 3-hour Stardew session that was supposed to be 30 minutes or so

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Modus Pwnens posted:

KingSlime posted:

That's gonna be a lot of disappointed gamers

They're resellers. The PS4 and Vita physical editions sold on Fangamer went for like triple what they were sold at on eBay just because they were limited.

The whole reason I bought the Vita physical was because the PS4 copy I bought for whatever reason made me some cash.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
ahh that makes a lot more sense

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Thread groupthink decided that the w word is Bad White Noise but the various Other White Noise Posts are okay. :shrug:

setting aside that there were usually more posts complaining about the w word posts than there were w word posts but :ssh:

Since I went into deep cover during my golf story odyssey I knew nothing of this. It’s a rule now? Smdh

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
White noise was fine when we didn't have anything to talk about but now there's things to talk about

Lord Harbor
Apr 17, 2005
Bruce Campbell: You've stolen my heart, but you'll never take my freedom
Nap Ghost

acksplode posted:

stardew whew. That's what I say every time I emerge from a 3-hour Stardew session that was supposed to be 30 minutes or so

Stardew is the worst for this. Every time:

"All right, I'll go to bed and save and that's it."

"Well, the next day just started, so I may as well check to see if anything's grown."

"Okay, I'll just pick those vegetables and then turn it off."

"Now I have to water everything just to make sure I don't forget when I turn the game back on."

"I'll just run into town to grab a few seeds to replace the ones I just picked."

"Better check the birthdays..."

"Oh, a mission to kill slimes? I can do that in like two minutes."

"Remember to stop by the pub to hand out that gift."

"All right, I'll go to bed and save and that's it..."

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Lord Harbor posted:

"Well, the next day just started, so I may as well check to see if anything's grown."

"Now I have to water everything just to make sure I don't forget when I turn the game back on."

"I'll just run into town to grab a few seeds to replace the ones I just picked."

Yeah I'm glad I was on physician ordered bed rest last week because I wound up going through my first in game year in like a day?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Lord Harbor posted:

I wish the game had a little note-to-self I could leave on my nightstand because like 90% of why I keep going is that I have a plan for what I want to do next and I don't want to forget it or send myself a fuckin email about it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

spit on my clit posted:

:yeah:

I'll buy it on PC but I'm finding myself not wanting to game much on there ever since the Switch came out.:(

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

spit on my clit posted:

It's like 50 gigs lmao.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

eonwe posted:

if you keep the bar over a chest you'll see a bar filling up. if you fill that bar up you'll get a bonus item of anything between a piece of coal or a super powerful cool as poo poo sword

as far as how to bait a rod, pick up the bait and...idk press one of the buttons on it that isn't A

I don't remember, its just muslce memory for me
It's Y

pick up bait stack, move over rod, hit Y

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

:yeah:

I'll buy it on PC but I'm finding myself not wanting to game much on there ever since the Switch came out.:(

same

games look so good on my PC but i don't care, switch owns and portability owns

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Cobalt Viper posted:

It's like 50 gigs lmao.

It’s 10 but what’s the difference

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

So since we can't stop all retarded posts, we shouldn't worry about stopping any? Really? Also your sub is incorrect.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

antidote posted:

So since we can't stop all retarded posts, we shouldn't worry about stopping any? Really? Also your sub is incorrect.

Right? It's a lot easier to moderate stupid poo poo when it consists of you idiots posting the exact same words over and over again.

:cmon:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

KingSlime posted:

Right? It's a lot easier to moderate stupid poo poo when it consists of you idiots posting the exact same words over and over again.

:cmon:

Calm down dad.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Real hurthling! posted:

Coming summer 2019*

*spring 2021

This is pretty much why I'm trying not to get hyped up.3DS has a lot of good games but nothing quite hit the highs that I got from SMTIV and SMTIVA, the idea that their successor will be on Switch has me salivating. In the meantime, I sure wouldn't balk at any SMT ports from either DS or 3DS.

Though I bet porting them to Switch isn't as straightforward as the DS>3DS transition :sigh:

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Calm down dad.

i'll try, doc

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
So I've finally gotten around to messing with a Wii U and I think Bayonetta is my favorite Platinum game! Dear lord please port those games over plus give us a third!

And speaking of SMT, they should give us TMS as filler for the 2019 mainline SMT release!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Stardew is so awesome and chill. It's the only thing I played this weekend and I'm perfectly happy with that. Little bugs aside it's a great port.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Speaking of Atlus, I hope they commit to the Switch the way they did to the 3DS. I want to see some kind of successor to EO, maybe an entry in the Devil Survivor series, a sequel or successor to TMS if possible (I highly doubt I'd pick up a port or "Gold" edition unless there was substantial additions and QOL improvements), and who knows maybe an original IP?

Atlus was basically why I owned a 3DS.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Atlus was why I got back into console gaming period.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
We probably have a very safe bet that yeah, Atlus will soon swarm their content over to the Switch. They've released what, five freaking EO games plus several remakes for a while now, continued to release and re-release SMT games on DS and 3DS, cranked out a spin off using the SMTIV engine because they knew it was a safe bet, and are still releasing a few remakes on 3DS later this year.

Between that and their vague comment about how the next EO would not feature a map on the second screen, it's happening. I am ready. We'll probably be waiting some time though.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

wait so is stardew worth getting?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I haven't played it yet but I think I can say with authority that the answer is Yes.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Like chill games? Then yes.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

FiestaDePantalones posted:

So I've finally gotten around to messing with a Wii U and I think Bayonetta is my favorite Platinum game! Dear lord please port those games over plus give us a third!

Nothing is like a first playthrough of Bayonetta. I've purchased the game on 360, Wii U (w/ 2), PC and I'd buy it for a 4th time no question on Switch.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Atlas Hugged posted:

Speaking of Atlus, I hope they commit to the Switch the way they did to the 3DS. I want to see some kind of successor to EO, maybe an entry in the Devil Survivor series, a sequel or successor to TMS if possible (I highly doubt I'd pick up a port or "Gold" edition unless there was substantial additions and QOL improvements), and who knows maybe an original IP?

I'd love a sequel or something like that to TMS. Maybe this time they'd branch past the Awakening/SD characters for mirages, and I don't mean characters from Fates.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Atlas Hugged posted:

I want to see some kind of successor to EO,

EO5 comes out for 3DS in a week. So there's gonna be a wait in store for this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

wait for the patch

• Locked thread