Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The shield generator did not cover the entire planet, just the base. The AT-ATs had to land outside the perimeter of the shield and slowly walk their way in through the shield and then into gunnery range.

Also hoth base had hella anti air and anything would have been shot down.

They were dug in as poo poo which is why they were able to hide ion cannons that could take out star destroyers in orbit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

too bad the Empire didn't game plan for ropes though

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Barudak posted:

See, "Menace, The Phantom" for earlier designs of the concept.

Don't bring up those prequels please.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

pubic works project posted:

The real answer is movie budget I'm sure.

However, they were able to land ground forces beyond the shield because the Hoth shield just covered the base, not the entire planet.

Right, I get that part. But that doesn't mean you can't have some TIE fighters flying in circles around them. And sure, the local anti-air forces might be good, but you can't launch your own air based offensive against the ATAT's and have the anti-air barrage going at the same time. The second you send out your air force, the anti-air poo poo has to stop, and that's when the enemies air force comes in.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Circle circle circle circle

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Vikings bailing the Bears out with penalties this drive.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I would like to see this qb throw a bit please

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

lol wtf was that?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

Right, I get that part. But that doesn't mean you can't have some TIE fighters flying in circles around them. And sure, the local anti-air forces might be good, but you can't launch your own air based offensive against the ATAT's and have the anti-air barrage going at the same time. The second you send out your air force, the anti-air poo poo has to stop, and that's when the enemies air force comes in.

Whatever your criticisms are of any battle in the original trilogy, there are literal volumes explaining every single detail.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I loving hate both of these teams

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Super Fan posted:

Don't bring up those prequels please.

Lets ignore your thoughts on the dialog and such in the prequels and instead bask in the effort put to have concepts seen in the original trilogy in predecessory states, with this being a good example people don't think about very often.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i have questions about anakin

his mom said he was immaculately incepted and qui gon gin didnt seemed that phased

is that common inthe star wars universe

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

swickles posted:

I suppose if they have enough resources to have a big honking EMP gun they had enough for stuff to shoot at snub fighters which gave the Rebels local air superiority which is the only reason they managed to do anything. Also its possible the shield stops stuff at a sufficient speed so if your in it already your fine so the rebels could fly around but no TIEs were gonna get in.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

FizFashizzle posted:

Whatever your criticisms are of any battle in the original trilogy, there are literal volumes explaining every single detail.

The real answer, of course, being "it's just a movie and they only have so much budget"

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
oh wow

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Nice

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Madcosby posted:

his mom said he was immaculately incepted and qui gon gin didnt seemed that phased

No.

It's a mistake best not spoken about.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Trubisky's first TD is a stupid one!

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
Fken LOL

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Haha no way

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
HAHAHAHAHAHA THE BEST FIRST TD

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Cohen's got a touch of Gio in him

Lol that td.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Trubisky almost throws a pick but it's a tocuhdown instead hooray :siren:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Textbook TD pass. We're watching a future HOF'er folks

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Barudak posted:

Lets ignore your thoughts on the dialog and such in the prequels and instead bask in the effort put to have concepts seen in the original trilogy in predecessory states, with this being a good example people don't think about very often.

not. impressed.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Game not good but is funny and entertaining so good enough.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
They're going to line up like they're going for 2 then fake it and kick an extra point

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaa

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
holy poo poo that play owned

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
ahah, that was awesome

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
amazing play

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Trubisky owns bones.

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
Trickumalation!!!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
THAT WAS THE GREATEST PLAY OF ALL TIME JOHN FOX NEEDS A 10 YEAR EXTENSION

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Madcosby posted:

Actually Darth Plagius was the dad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Alright, that 2 point conversion was pretty cool, I have to admit.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Well that was neat

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

run trubinsky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
what in the world Bears team am I watching

John Fox with the Harlem Globetrotters poo poo

• Locked thread